Breeze - Could I make a 9am Miami Flight?

douggw

I am going to give you honest feedback based upon my previous experience. On Sunday Oct 5 2014 I had a 940am flight to RDU from Miami. On Sunday May 4 2014 I had a 1015am flight to RDU from Miami. For both instances we made the flight with no problems. In both instances we had a nice breakfast at the airport and still had time to wait at terminal. Both times we were up early and waiting in the main room were shows took place by 630am. We were off the ship by 7am both times and at airport by 8am both times if not a few minutes before 8am. Both times we departed from the Breeze.

So is it possible to make a 9am flight, most definitely. I know we would have two times. But as others have said, if one thing goes wrong you won't make it. I would feel confident making the 9am flight as long as I had a back up plan, meaning knowing there are several flights to that destination later in the day. Hence why I had no problem with the 940 or 1015.

Edited by Coopdog08
Add

Even if you made it to the airport before 9am debarkation morning at MIA is a nightmare. It's never taken me less that one hour to check my bags and get through security.

And since you are suppose to be checked in at least an hour before your flight, there is a good chance that your seat would be given away.

The earliest I've ever gotten off a ship in Miami was 7:30, then at least a 20 minute wait to get through customs, another 15 minutes to get four couples loaded into a shuttle van, 25 minutes to get to the airport, minimum 45 minutes to check your bags and get through security............

With that timeline you still will not be at your gate and it won't make a difference because your plane left 15 minutes before you got through security.

I am cruising on the Breeze in January and was seeing the same thing, cheap flight's early. I may just stay an extra day in Miami as someone else mentioned. We figured it up a few months ago and for three of us I think we come out better. If we get too bored we can wash all of our clothes and go without the mess.

To the OP - Are you flying home on a Sunday? This past January, our B2B ended on a Sunday. We each saved $196 (Delta to Detroit) by flying home the next day. Paying for a hotel & dinner still saved us quite a bit.

Sunday are the more expensive day for flying from MIA or FLL.

You would need to be at the airport by 7:00/7:30. How did you plan on doing that? There is a reason why the morning flights are the cheapest.

It's basically a 100% chance you'll miss that flight.

Just because the ship is supposed to dock at 7am it must still be cleared for disembarkation and passengers still have to go through customs (which the cruise lines have no control over)

I made a 1005 flight from MIA from the Breeze easily-did self-disembark and was one of the first people off the ship. I was on a shuttle to the airport by 0710...people on the shuttle were freaking out because they had like a 0730 flight I am sure they missed. I would never book a 0900 flight.

I made a 0940 flight from MIA last Sep off the Victory and was really stressed. The ship didn't even start to dock until after 7AM and I was in a cab to the airport by 0815...the terminal for my flight was really far away (old terminal) and I made it with 10 min to spare before they started to board the flight.

AA changed their nonstop flights to RDU even earlier to 0933 and I would only book this flight if I didn't have my child and could carry off my luggage. I would not book a 0900 flight-too many variables and too much stress involved.

Cit never fails- when we have a later flight- the ship is docked, through customs and de barking early. Once on the Carnival Dream, we were off before 6:30 am. Last month we went ahead and booked a 10:00 am flight from Miami. The ship was late- took forever to dock and debarkation was a nightmare. Ban amazing cab driver later(awesome tip) and manageable lines at security we made our 10:00 am flight with about a 5 minute cushion.

Totally stressful morning. I will never book an early flight before 11 again. That said- I'm sure we'll be off our next ship at 7:00 am.

Ok...so what I am learning from all your posts, is NO!

Loud and clear! ha ha.....It's actually a Saturday, so staying over to Sunday might not be so bad.

Thanks for all your replies! It's been a help!

Another vote for no. We have done self debark out of miami and last time we were one of the first people off the ship. It was maybe 7:30. Even with you using a closer airport than FLL, there's no way. I'm sorry. They still are recommending people be at least 1-1 1/2 hours before their flight. You would have to be at the airport at the same time you were walking off the ship.

Unless you have superpowers and can fly to the airport I can't see how it's possible. Plus I've heard Miami isn't a treat to fly out of either...

We are in the same position but from NOLA instead of Miami. Our flight would have left at 10AM and I didn't feel comfortable getting to the airport on time, so we are staying in NOLA overnight.

It will be fun to stay an extra day and see the sights. I wouldn't have booked a 9AM flight from Miami as it would be too risky for me.

While you might be able to get off the ship and to the airport in time, MIA is the busiest airport I've ever been through. We just came back today and it took nearly an hour just to check in. Security lines added to that. We had five hours from being able to disembark to our flight time and we really only had time for a meal once all was said and done. MIA's lines can be very, very long when cruise ships port.

[quote name='douggw']Booked on Nov 1 Breeze. Getting ready to book airfare and the best price has me leaving Miami at 9am. Would I be able to make that flight? Anyone recently sailed who can tell me when you were able to get off the ship?

I have an option of getting FTTF, but we are travelling with 3 different couples, and they would all be wanting the same flight - they don't have the FTTF option. But if I remember right, someone said if you go to the customer service desk and show them you have an early flight, you will be one of the first to get off.

Thanks for any advice and help![/quote]

1 Million percent NO! The Breeze is a very large ship and debarkation takes some time even if you walk off with your own luggage.

I would not risk it. There are too many variables and possibilities for delays, even if you do self assist debarkation. We've experienced long delays in Miami. We always go for 12 or later. It eliminates the anxiety of possibly missing our flight.

edited to add: Sorry, OP! I just noticed you already chimed in and said you got our message loud and clear! Edited by Laurin612

We got off Breeze yesterday. Was in cab at 8 A.M. on our way to the airport, got to airport at 820 or so and spent the next hour and 45 minutes in baggage line and security. Had an 11 A.M. flight and made that easy.