Silhouette was not able to tender today

uktog

Unfortunately due to the high winds Silhouette has just been sitting in the forth (Edinburgh) today tenders not able to run, certainly up to 4pm. The wind is easing now. Sad for everyone who had plans including the golf

Azamara Quest is in dock as planned but only because she came in on Thursday, she would not have been able to dock today

So sorry you have missed a key part of your cruise. Hope the UK weather holds out for your next stops.

Have a wonderful cruise!

We are not on board, we were down at the port today though. There must be a number of unhappy campers onboard. It is still very windy though they have just started playing up at St A

Glad you haven't missed your home port, Uktog! Sorry for the misunderstanding.

It is such a pity that those on board have missed such a wonderful stop. I think Holyhead for North Wales was recently missed too. I know our seas can be iffy but you would expect June, July and August to be OK.

Unfortunately due to the high winds Silhouette has just been sitting in the forth (Edinburgh) today tenders not able to run, certainly up to 4pm. The wind is easing now. Sad for everyone who had plans including the golf

Azamara Quest is in dock as planned but only because she came in on Thursday, she would not have been able to dock today

Oh No! We saw the ship from a local bus in Edinburgh on our way to the Mardi Gras and kept looking out for Celebrity/CC folks to say hello. Yes, I know - thousands of people in Edinburgh but we kept looking just the same!

There has been a 10 plus hour delay in the British Open due to high winds. The balls were being blown on the greens. The winds have been really gusty.

OMG....I know Scotland can get windy but looking at it on tv

this morning? What a MESS:eek:....The Golf Gods did not want them to

play today:eek:....I got up and was disappointed there was nothing to

watch:(

And the final round is being backed up until Monday:(

Sorry about the folks who couldn't get off the ship too.:(

I know our seas can be iffy but you would expect June, July and August to be OK.

Come on, it is summer in the UK ....:rolleyes:

Seriously, it is such a shame for those missing ports. I know, from his posts, that Kevnzworld is on board and seemed to be taking it philosophically.

Edited by Project_gal

At least the wind has dropped today so they should be tendering in ok but it is very wet. Could be a bonus for the golf fans as it looks like tickets for Mondays play at the open are just going to be "turn up and pay on the gate"

I wonder if Azamara will also stay on, we were on board yesterday to see old friends and some (but not all) did feel guilty walking on and off the dock whilst silhouette was bobbing in the Forth

This time last year Azamara had to stay in dock longer (its a tricky lock to get out of Leith and a certain Britannia you have to miss) they were a day late in leaving because of the winds so this may be a July phenomena up here we need to look out for (though I do see pics of us at Muirfield two years ago where I was sunburnt on the final day)

Edited by uktog

I wonder if Azamara will also stay on, we were on board yesterday to see old friends and some (but not all) did feel guilty walking on and off the dock whilst silhouette was bobbing in the Forth

How nice that you got to visit while she was close to your home.

Just shows the advantage that small ships such as Azamara can have over the big ones sometimes :)