Want to make sure you DONT have a good time - Book with Royal Caribean.

I have done two cruises with RC and just recently retired, so decided to treat myself to a trip to Canada and a cruise in Alaska. My prior cruises were with RC and they good nothing I would rave about but good (although my cruise from Hawaii I had to sleep on the fold out bed in a suite - very unsatisfactory - especially because the queen bed could have been pulled apart). Anyway I booked my Alaskan cruise and my mother turns 90 next year I booked a New Zealand cruise for her and myself. So I have booked two cruises, both suites, I check my profile for the points, no points for the Hawaii trip credited to my account. I think this should be easy, so I telephone Crown and Anchor, explain the first problem, (no points) and was told it would be amended, a few weeks later I check again, no points so I send them an email ( my email thread to them is now well in excess of 30 emails) and still my points!!!!! I am getting cranky...and I tell them in an email. So far I have been issued with a new C&A number that I cant log onto because they have put in an incorrect DoB for me. Now I am ****ty! :mad::mad::mad: Because I found another issue, which I alerted C&A to. I purchased a $100 credit and wanted it put either of my cruises, easy ? NO I had to scan it and send it to them 3 times and have now been told that my travel agent should honour it. Very interesting as I dont have a travel agent I booked everything direct. :confused::confused::confused:

So after 2 months of emails and phone calls to RC - C&A I now have the pleasure of telephoning them AGAIN on Monday to have big fight with them over this incredibly extremely poor customer service.

WOW so much has happened to you in your sailing history with RCI, I bet you are glad you found CC to ventilate your anger.

As you aquire more information on this site, maybe you can come back and share how your issues were resolved.

Good luck with resolutions to your cruise point trouble.

I had a similar problem, but a much difference experience with RCCL customer service. We had only been on one RCCL cruise back in 2007. After booking our October cruise through Costco, I pulled up the reservation on the RCCL and saw where I could add a C&A number. I signed up for my membership, and discovered that it was very easy to search for my 2007 cruise records and my points for that were added to my account. I thought that was great, since I had no clue they still tracked things that far back. So then I realized I needed to do the same for my wife. But when I setup her C&A account, I screwed up entering her DOB - I transposed the day and month. Because of that, I wasn't able to link her 2007 cruise. And I found I could not correct the DOB on her C&A account. So, being the smart computer geek that I am, I figured they tracked the C&A by email, so I just created a new email address for her (we have our own domain). Well, that didn't work because it said a person with that name and address already had an account. So again, I figured I could make it work by using a slightly different address spelling, so that worked. I was able to get her account setup and previous cruise linked, so I added to the reservation, but it did not show her gold status.

I finally called RCCL and admitted what all I had done. The CSR laughed, put me hold for a few minutes, then came back and said all was fixed. Sure enough, I checked online everything was correct - all points there, and gold status showing on the new reservation.

Sorry you are having these problems. Their systems really have big problems and it seems harder for us outside the us to get them resolved! I have two suggestions once for your current issue and one for the future.

For the current issue, be ready when you talk to the customer service rep to treat them as someone new to the problem (ie they didn't cause it), get their name and the task number (so you can quote it back if necessary) and offer to email evidence of the problem directly to them while you are still on the phone. - you could use the snipping tool in windows to get copies of screen errors etc. I've had to do this a couple of times and it is very helpful for them to see exactly what the problem is while you are talking. Also get them to immediately send you a new invoice so you can check your booking has the right C&A details.

For the future, I suggest booking through a TA - I find the best deal from RCI and then ask my TA what she can do to better it. Haven't had to deal with RCI since! :)

Good luck

Thankfully I have had good luck with C&A and I ended up calling after business hours! I was nice; I called the agent by her name, and said I need to work through my situation. I gave Sandy the reasons and the facts and reiterate them in a very calm factual demeanor. The 2 us quickly got through it with a wonderful and my total desired outcome[emoji2]! I bet calling off business hours maybe key folks. Seemed to work this time for me.

A friend and I for a short time many moons ago were running Springfield MO hotels dot com CS center, and you would be amazed by the stuff that we were able to get accomplish; since we never had a sup on weekends! If they started to lecture Monday night we would say start covering the weekends then. That usually shut them up quick.

More relaxed numbers to make for Royal CS 2nd shift is generally a more relaxed atmosphere.

Maybe I just got beyond super lucky Friday night or I ran into some really good experienced agents. I got accomplished what most said Royal would most likely not do. I am really grateful, because it will beyond make a cruise next March a good deal better and much more comfortable for 2 80 year olds. Thank you Sandy & Marrissa.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

While I totally sympathize with your C&A issues, I fail to see what bearing they have on whether or not you have a good cruise. If you were in a suite previously where the bed could be separated, why did you not have your cabin steward do so? You make no sense. I do believe that the OS is the only one where the bed cannot be separated. But, of course, you would have known that when you booked.

You do have a legitimate complaint regarding your loyalty points, but they hardly warrant the drama associated with the title of your post.

I have been on 3 RC cruises and have had an amazing time on each one. Sorry you haven't had the same experience, however, I will continue to tell people to book with RC if they want to HAVE a good time!

I´m sorry but your rant has nothing to do with your thread title, besides one bed issue you seem to have had on your cruise but which doesn´t really seem to be the Center of your rant and sounds more confusing to me than anything.

While frustrating, I say honestly you have some minor issue with your C&A account but this is not really something spoiling a cruise experience. For sure it´s no reason not to have a good time.

Just to Balance your issues with C&A I will give another view of their CS.

I´ve had an issue with my C&A account lately myself. All of a sudden my first Name and gender of my C&A account had changed after my last cruise. :eek:

I sent a message through the C&A Website about the issue. It took a few days for them to come back to me, but the issue was resolved.

So I might have been lucky or you might have just been unlucky.

Thankfully I have had good luck with C&A and I ended up calling after business hours! I was nice; I called the agent by her name, and said I need to work through my situation. I gave Sandy the reasons and the facts and reiterate them in a very calm factual demeanor. The 2 us quickly got through it with a wonderful and my total desired outcome[emoji2]! I bet calling off business hours maybe key folks. Seemed to work this time for me.

A friend and I for a short time many moons ago were running Springfield MO hotels dot com CS center, and you would be amazed by the stuff that we were able to get accomplish; since we never had a sup on weekends! If they started to lecture Monday night we would say start covering the weekends then. That usually shut them up quick.

More relaxed numbers to make for Royal CS 2nd shift is generally a more relaxed atmosphere.

Maybe I just got beyond super lucky Friday night or I ran into some really good experienced agents. I got accomplished what most said Royal would most likely not do. I am really grateful, because it will beyond make a cruise next March a good deal better and much more comfortable for 2 80 year olds. Thank you Sandy & Marrissa.

While that sounds fine, unfortunately RCL don't offer any telephone customer service here outside business hours: 9-5 Mon-Fri.

While that sounds fine, unfortunately RCL don't offer any telephone customer service here outside business hours: 9-5 Mon-Fri.

+1 - it seems the customer service is different depending on where you live. Maybe aussies should call the us number out of hours using skype :) :) :)

I have been on 3 RC cruises and have had an amazing time on each one. Sorry you haven't had the same experience, however, I will continue to tell people to book with RC if they want to HAVE a good time!

But the thing is, the OP said that they enjoyed their past RCI cruises! So the title actually makes no sense, as this is a customer service issue, and really has nothing to do with the onboard experience.

Sorry you are having these problems. Their systems really have big problems and it seems harder for us outside the us to get them resolved! I have two suggestions once for your current issue and one for the future.

For the current issue, be ready when you talk to the customer service rep to treat them as someone new to the problem (ie they didn't cause it), get their name and the task number (so you can quote it back if necessary) and offer to email evidence of the problem directly to them while you are still on the phone. - you could use the snipping tool in windows to get copies of screen errors etc. I've had to do this a couple of times and it is very helpful for them to see exactly what the problem is while you are talking. Also get them to immediately send you a new invoice so you can check your booking has the right C&A details.

For the future, I suggest booking through a TA - I find the best deal from RCI and then ask my TA what she can do to better it. Haven't had to deal with RCI since! :)

Good luck

How is a TA going to help the Op get his C&A points. Sure, I also use a TA depending on what offers it involves.

To the Op, did you deal with the C&A desk or some other yokel at RCL. I find that I get faster resolution with C&A.

Thankfully, we had a great time on our first RCI cruise. But by reading what was written, I see nothing that would ruin the enjoyment of a trip. A queen bed that can be pulled apart? That is a standard cruise ship bed arrangement-two twins pushed together---been like that on every cruise I've been on.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with RCCL. We have not had that experience. Our first cruise was in 1997 with RCCL on MOS. Then 10 years later we started cruising every year. I called about that 1997 cruise and they found it no problem. We are now Platinum on our way to Emerald. Hope it gets resolved for you.