Curtis Stone Restaurant and Chef's Table to Debut Across Princess Cruises Ships

LauraS

Based on the news of the Emerald and Ruby - what about the Adaggio space? It is almost always empty.

Bite your tongue! LOL. It's hard to tell where they might put a new restaurant on ships across the fleet.

What I suspect might happen is that sabitinis's and the steakhouse share alternate nights with each other in the same restaurant like they did /do on their small ship fleet ie serve on alternate nights

Although Sabatini's and the steakhouse on the smaller ships (Ocean and Pacific) are open on separate evenings, they do not share the same space. Each has its own dedicated location, just like on the larger ships.

Since they use a portion of an anytime dining room for the Chef's Table, I wonder if they could separate part of an anytime dining room.

Several years ago they planned to build a wall to separate a section of one of the 4 smaller AT dining rooms on the Sapphire into a Crown Grill. Based on what I read there was not sufficient time in drydock to do it so it was scrapped.

I am not suggesting this will be done but it was something Princess planned to do to replace Sterling's Steakhouse at the aft end of the buffet with a separate Crown Grill.

my 2 cents.....I hope it doesn't replace Sabatini's either. I like it....and I agree there could me some changes made. Took part of a survey that was asking me about him several months ago....as well as a few other notable chefs. I like the chef's table, but have several different meats on a skewer gets old after awhile.....but I keep going because I love the appetizers that the chef makes and the other interesting dishes that come out....Big name restaurants frequently change their menu's....I realize that ship's dining is much different...I have a daughter who is a chef, and a son who is a sommelier......but I suspect they can do it a bit more often than they do....it keeps us on our toes, and is more exciting.....I also love Adagio's.....it is one of the best places to watch for whales and read.....well, if you are in a place where there are whales...:).....I hope that his menu will be on the Island in November....That would be way cool....

According to another article the new restaurant will only be on 4 ships...

Chef Curtis Stone is teaming up with Princess Cruises to create a new menu for all cruise ships, a new restaurant concept for four ships, and a special “Chef’s Table” experience, according to a press release.

The new restaurant will debut in December on the Emerald Princess ship, which sails from Ft. Lauderdale to the Caribbean, and the Ruby Princess, which sails in Hawaii and Mexico. The restaurant will be added to the Coral Princess, which sails on the Panama Canal, and Sun Princess, in Australia, next year.

Based on the news of the Emerald and Ruby - what about the Adaggio space? It is almost always empty.

I sure hope not. One of my favorite bar/lounge. :(

It is also one of my favorite venues...but that is because it is always uncrowded and sedate. Which lends support for the notion that it could be the perfect place to put the restaurant. They could even include some outdoor tables. Whatever the situation, I am in agreement with those who would not want Curtis Stone to replace Sabatini's.

From Chef Curtis' website, "equal parts comfortable and luxurious". Prix-fixe menu ranges from $90 to $135 per person depending on the featured seasonal ingredient. That does not include wine pairings, which I feel are a necessary component of fine dining.

High end dining at sea can be wonderful. We truly enjoyed Remy on Disney Dream, and would most likely try to get a reservation at this new venue.

Will Princess find enough cruisers willing to pay for such an experience?

This refers to a 25 seat restaurant in Beverly Hills where the menu changes monthly - and 9-12 menu items are all based on a single seasonal ingredient. I doubt they will use that same model on a cruise line, and doubt that the price will be that high in a restaurant. But they did mention a Chef's Table, which would fit the model.

Haven't been able to get a reservation at his restaurant. :-( So looking forward to our Hawaiian cruise already booked for March to get a taste of his cooking.

I'm also interested in seeing which space this uses.

I am booked on Emerald in December and will be VERY unhappy if Crown Grill is gone............

Claudia

Highly unlikely. I cannot imagine Princess getting rid of the Crown Grill.

I would like to try the new venue and menu items. It's always fun to try something new.:):):)

Although I find him irritating to watch, it's nice to see Princess knock the cobwebs off of the dining options. Definitely an upscale move to keep Princess apart from the other Carnival lines.

Hope this will be on the Diamond for our sailing next March.

They need something special since there is no Alfredos or IC and the steakhouse is part of Horizon Court!

When they overhauled the Diamond for Asia they converted the large internet cafe into a Kai Sushi with an a la carte menu so may not be able to add another dining venue.

Although I find him irritating to watch, it's nice to see Princess knock the cobwebs off of the dining options. Definitely an upscale move to keep Princess apart from the other Carnival lines.

This is my view exactly. I find him to be a showboat whose fame outpaces his skill. Nevertheless, it's an innovative move by Princess.

I am optimistically hoping that it will not only be a new menu but also an improved menu. ;)

I did not sail on Princess before the 1988 merger with Sitmar which had a fresh pasta course so I do not know if Princess had the nightly pasta course prior to the merger. I will be very unhappy if they no longer offer a nightly pasta course because most nights I enjoy an appetizer size serving of their tasty pasta.

In the information about Chef Stone there is a photo of him tossing pasta which is encouraging to me. :p

Ditto Frank.....:):):)

Bob

When they overhauled the Diamond for Asia they converted the large internet cafe into a Kai Sushi with an a la carte menu so may not be able to add another dining venue.

Interesting. We're doing the Diamond in March, and I'm looking forward to seeing this restaurant.