Door Decoration?

Hello! So this is going to be my first time on a RCCL. I'm going on a 7-night trip on the Allure of the Seas. I was wondering do they allow door decoration? On my first to cruises ever on the Disney Dream I've seen people decorate their doors, but I don't know if that's a thing people do just on the Disney ships. I know that if I can I will definitely use magnets to put them onto the doors. Just wondering thank you! :)

People often decorate, but my advice would be to only use items and magnets that you are "prepared to lose". :p Sometimes these items get moved... *ahem*... either by kids being silly or by passengers who have had too many drinks. There have been threads here over the years saying how upset/angry people were when their stuff got taken... hence my advice to you here. :)

People often decorate, but my advice would be to only use items and magnets that you are "prepared to lose". :p Sometimes these items get moved... *ahem*... either by kids being silly or by passengers who have had too many drinks. There have been threads here over the years saying how upset/angry people were when their stuff got taken... hence my advice to you here. :)

Yeah I did think about that, that's why I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it or not. :p

Edited by mickyminnie890

We pretty much always decorate our door. Only once lost a magnet. It's a chance you take.

We also put a small white board on the door. Sometimes we even have greetings from fellow cruisers. Always fun.

Thank you :) We'll see what we're going to do when the time comes.

I like to decorate my door, especially for Christmas. I get magnetic decorations from the Dollar Store, so, if someone takes them, I just say, well, I guess they needed it more than I did.

I honestly don't know why someone would take a useless thing in the first place. I think children are the ones who would take them more though.

On Carnival Sunshine, someone stole my friend's pink flamingo the first night.

Like a large plastic lawn flamingo? or a sticker or magnet flamingo? I can't speak for everyone here but after three or four drinks I might get the nerve to take a giant pink bird and play a prank on someone on board [emoji16]

Due to the timing of our cruises, I like to decorate the door with christmas decorations. Used blu-tack first time and suction caps second time. Easy to remove and dont damage the cabin door

I suspect plenty of adults move the door decorations because they think its "funny". However, ours stayed on for the duration of our cruises.

We always decorate our doors on RCCL. Only had a wreath taken one Christmas - and the room steward recognized it on another door and returned it to us.

Now - we personalize the decorations with our Cabin Number or a nickname.

Be sure to label with permanent marker or ink and we've never lost another decoration.

We always decorate our doors on RCCL. Only had a wreath taken one Christmas - and the room steward recognized it on another door and returned it to us.

Be sure to label with permanent marker or ink and we've never lost another decoration.

Suggestions please.....I am feeling a bit 'Blank' here.... what do you use to decorate your door with if it is not Xmas or an 'occasion' time of year ??:rolleyes:

I have heard from a friend that when they cruised it was her birthday so the cabin steward places balloons on their door which was a lovely surprise and she said they left them on for entire cruise as it was great to be able to see them from down the end of corridor and know exactly where their room was when they were tired or had a few drinks!:)!

Edited by dlg64

I always decorate my door when I cruise; never has anything been taken. I tend to keep it simple. I format something on the computer - a ship, the date of the cruise, the ports, etc. I then print it off. I get the magnet sheets from Joann's or Micheal's, glue the printed sign to that and presto. I have a door sign.

I went on a cruise once with 3 other people so we had 2 in each cabin. We brought those write on/write off boards but they were really huge, round peel off sticker type "boards" so they stayed on really well. We also had markers that had magnets so we could just have them placed next to the "boards" so we could write each other messages.

It was interesting to see all of the messages and sometimes inappropriate "artwork" people would leave for us :o (we all had a good laugh at the "art")

We didn't get our stickers or markers stolen but if we had, it wouldn't have been a huge deal as we purposely didn't spend too much on them.

We decorate our door. Our teenagers had fun with it. On our last cruise it was during the Final Four (college basketball) so we decorated with the Wisconsin Badgers. On our upcoming cruise in October we are planning to decorate with Green Bay Packers. It's a good conversation starter when people see you going in and out of your stateroom. We use magnets, some bought, some made by us on magnetic sheets. We never had any stolen. It's fun!

That's a really good idea.

Like a large plastic lawn flamingo? or a sticker or magnet flamingo? I can't speak for everyone here but after three or four drinks I might get the nerve to take a giant pink bird and play a prank on someone on board [emoji16]

LOL Me too:D