Who's done this? Naked from the bathroom...

I can't say I have had the experience of being caught naked next to another ship, or seen naked folks in their cabin on another ship. However, this last cruise, I was on the pool deck and just happened to look across at the ship next to us. It was RCL. I was just sort of scanning their deck and noticed a transition from the regular pool area to the solarium. Suddenly I saw a door open and a man rushed in with his pants coming down and turns to use the bathroom. Why they would build a restroom with a full length window is beyond me. I guess I can understand that someone might want to look out while doing their business, but that's not a great place for people to be able to look in.

If it wasn't a restroom, I am guessing someone was probably quite upset at the mess they had to clean up.

I wasn't purposely looking for restrooms. I just happened to be looking down the deck seeing what was on the other ship and just happened to land on that particular space at that particular inopportune moment.

and find your curtain open and you're in port next to another ship?

I'd been on many cruises and had read about people doing such a dumb thing. I'd never do something so stupid!

Pulled into Cozumel and no other ships in sight. Walked out of the bathroom with nothing on AND curtains open and right there another ship pulling in!!!

My first thought is so what? I certainly don't think it is a dumb thing to do, and I certainly don't think it is a stupid thing. If people want to look in my cabin that is their problem not mine. Seems to me that people are too sensitive about something that is completely normal.

Never seen anyone in a compromised situation and haven't been caught in one that I know of!:rolleyes:

But then I've answered the door at home in my briefs (or less once or twice), so I'm not particularly concerned about being seen in the buff on a ship.:p

No, but...

About 45 minutes after leaving port, I took a quick shower before dinner. I kind of thought we were out in the middle of the ocean and I didn't give it any more thought. When I stepped out of the bathroom, the pilot boat was bobbing outside my window.

One morning before we arrived in St. Thomas, I awoke and walked out on our balcony in my nightshirt. Sure enough, we were right next to the pilot boat.:p

When were were aboard Carnival Liberty in 2007, we docked in Limon, Costa Rica next to AIDAAura. AIDA's ships have clothes optional decks, although we didn't know that at the time. We were on one of the upper decks facing the dock, watching the docking, when a man on AIDAAura stripped off his shorts to sunbathe. It caused quite a stir among the crowd on our ship - especially among some of the parents whose kids saw more than they bargained for.

Okay, when we are on a ship I couldn't care less who sees me from my cabin. I don't normally walk around naked but if I come out of the bathroom into my cabin than.... whatever.

Now, having said that, I live at the end of a cul-de-sac so I have around four houses that can see directly into my bedroom. It cracks me up when my husband complains that I am an exhibitionist because I refuse to close the blinds. Seriously, if you can't get naked in your own bedroom, where can you get naked? I figure any sick son of a b*tch that wants to see this body naked deserves what he gets. I mean, seriously, I'd want to poke my eyes out!

We were on Seabourn cruising down the Thames, very slowly. Looked at a row of flats when a gentleman came out on his balcony, totally naked, and raised a pint to us on the ship. Guess he was quite proud of his shortcomings.

Never seen anyone in a compromised situation and haven't been caught in one that I know of!:rolleyes:

But then I've answered the door at home in my briefs (or less once or twice), so I'm not particularly concerned about being seen in the buff on a ship.:p[/quote

On our honeymoon, 45 years ago we were in our hotel room practicing what newly married people do. A knock on the door, it's the housekeeper. She assumes we are out, I mean it was ten am on a beautiful day in paradise. So she enters the room. I run out to tell her not to come in, too late. For a about 20 seconds three people froze like in a photograph each not knowing what to do next.

For the rest of the week the maid made great effort to not only not enter until she was positive we were out but made a great effort to not even see us.

I'd been on many cruises and had read about people doing such a dumb thing. I'd never do something so stupid!

Pulled into Cozumel and no other ships in sight. Walked out of the bathroom with nothing on AND curtains open and right there another ship pulling in!!!

Ha ha ha ha! Not that, but I like to take a photo of a view out of a hotel window or the cabin... once came home, developed the photos (it was before digital) just to see my reflection of the opened robe. Good thing, I had underwear on. Now I am careful about what I wear while taking photos.

Never done it, accidentally.

Nope. Never happened to me. And if it did, and somebody on the neighboring ship just happened to see me in my birthday suit, so what? If I'm in a silly mood, I might just do a little dance and give 'em a show.:D

Must be a Columbus thing :D

Jen, you voyeur you! That would have been Navigator next to us, I assume in Cozumel.

I can't say I have had the experience of being caught naked next to another ship, or seen naked folks in their cabin on another ship. However, this last cruise, I was on the pool deck and just happened to look across at the ship next to us. It was RCL. I was just sort of scanning their deck and noticed a transition from the regular pool area to the solarium. Suddenly I saw a door open and a man rushed in with his pants coming down and turns to use the bathroom. Why they would build a restroom with a full length window is beyond me. I guess I can understand that someone might want to look out while doing their business, but that's not a great place for people to be able to look in.

If it wasn't a restroom, I am guessing someone was probably quite upset at the mess they had to clean up.

I wasn't purposely looking for restrooms. I just happened to be looking down the deck seeing what was on the other ship and just happened to land on that particular space at that particular inopportune moment.