port or Starboard

Why is it different on Oasis anyway :what:

Do you think it is because of the layout with the covered seating?

Maybe because Wipeout Cafe is on the starboard side? Just a guess.

Maybe, but JR is on starboard side of Freedom, hopefully you can't smoke there

No smoking at JR's on Freedom, but if smoking is really on the starboard side of Freedom, then there will be smoking around the soft serve ice cream on the pool deck.

I'm not convinced that all ships other than Oasis class have smoking on the starboard side. I remember on Mariner that they moved it to the port side, because there was no smoking around the soft serve ice cream.

For some reason I always book port side. No idea why

We did too! No idea why either, it's just what we did. I ended up on the starboard side back in March when I upgraded rooms last minute, and actually preferred it. Now our next two cruises are starboard. :)

Why is it different on Oasis anyway :what: Do you think it is because of the layout with the covered seating?

My guess is that Oasis class usually docks on the starboard side, so that would keep the smoke toward the ocean while in port so it will disperse quicker, and also to not appear to those on the shore side that there's a cloud of smog that hangs over the smoking areas all the time.

My guess is that Oasis class usually docks on the starboard side, so that would keep the smoke toward the ocean while in port so it will disperse quicker, and also to not appear to those on the shore side that there's a cloud of smog that hangs over the smoking areas all the time.

I thought of that too, but then it occured to me that if they were fueling, the fuel barge would likely come up on the port side, so they would have to stop all outside smoking.

Our first cruise, we were on the Starboard side and since then the Port Side, to me it doesn't really matter except we do see more of the harbor area on the Port Side. I personally favor Port side, like being right or left handed, except I am right handed so should be on the other side.:D for taking pictures if there is something I wish to see, I merely walk to that side of the ship.

No smoking at JR's on Freedom, but if smoking is really on the starboard side of Freedom, then there will be smoking around the soft serve ice cream on the pool deck.

I'm not convinced that all ships other than Oasis class have smoking on the starboard side. I remember on Mariner that they moved it to the port side, because there was no smoking around the soft serve ice cream.

Enchantment smoking was on port side near the island bar.

Enchantment smoking was on port side near the island bar.

You're right, I forgot about Enchantment. I always thought that side made sense on that ship, because of the bar.

Edited by clarea

I choose the port side because I want the sunrise early on in my cruise as I am still on the work clock, and usually up early for excursions. Then later in the cruise I begin to be up later and sleep in, so I prefer the sunset over the sunrise.