Rude Passengers

sarasfw

I need a new knee. I used to be so heavy that the doctors told me there was no point in replacement surgery as I wouldn't be able to recuperate properly. I am slowly losing weight and the pain has gotten better, but I still need a new knee and walking long distances is burdensome.

I too needed bi-lateral total knee replacements. I'm 6'6" and weigh in around 350 lbs ... constant pain and very limited mobility. I had the first knee done in June and was traveling all over Europe (a LOT of walking) 3 months later. Second knee was done the following June and, again, I was traveling 3 months later. I won't lie and say that recovery is a piece of cake ... but if you faithfully do the exercises the results are wonderful. Totally pain free now! It takes almost a year to be 100% back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Now had this been me and you dropped your "f" bomb, you would need to hope that my DD Or DW weren't there, they are very protective.

I actually have some doubts about the story (as if she would leave her wheelchair behind, any idea how much they cost). But accepting the story at face value maybe she was desperate to gt to the rest room and when she couldn't get through had to either walk or have a rather embarrassing accident.

Again being in a wheelchair doesn't mean you can't walk, generally just that it causes problems, normally pain or the risk of a fall, or the distance ine can walk is severely limited.

I think she was playing the "handicap" card. If she needed to use the rest room she could have easily stated so. Let me take you back about 10 years in our local Market Basket here in NH. I'm getting some cereal off the shelf & as I turn, this woman on a scooter runs over my feet.(I let quite a yelp, trust me) I lost a few toe nails after that. Her response was if you weren't in my "G.D." way I wouldn't have run over your feet! By this time a crowd started to watch our altercation. My response back was "If you weren't such a fat pig, you wouldn't be in that scooter" Not at all nice, but then I was dealing with a person that caused me extreme pain. Yes,I did use the "F" word at the beginning of my remark on her disability. The crowd was quite aghast of my remark(except for the few who saw it happen)I said "political correctness be damned, we are ALL paying to support this person & her self inflicted disability". I was pleased that the few who saw the entire incident were totally supportive of my reaction to her hurting me. Myself & a few who saw it happen really wondered if it was done on purpose. Her remark to me makes me feel it was. I'm sure some will take great exception to me, so be it. Let it happen to them,lose a few toe nails & a few days of work & then come back to me.

I think she was playing the "handicap" card. If she needed to use the rest room she could have easily stated so. Let me take you back about 10 years in our local Market Basket here in NH. I'm getting some cereal off the shelf & as I turn, this woman on a scooter runs over my feet.(I let quite a yelp, trust me) I lost a few toe nails after that. Her response was if you weren't in my "G.D." way I wouldn't have run over your feet! By this time a crowd started to watch our altercation. My response back was "If you weren't such a fat pig, you wouldn't be in that scooter" Not at all nice, but then I was dealing with a person that caused me extreme pain. Yes,I did use the "F" word at the beginning of my remark on her disability. The crowd was quite aghast of my remark(except for the few who saw it happen)I said "political correctness be damned, we are ALL paying to support this person & her self inflicted disability". I was pleased that the few who saw the entire incident were totally supportive of my reaction to her hurting me. Myself & a few who saw it happen really wondered if it was done on purpose. Her remark to me makes me feel it was. I'm sure some will take great exception to me, so be it. Let it happen to them,lose a few toe nails & a few days of work & then come back to me.

Unless you are her doctor how do you know if her weight was her disability or the result of it, spend few years in a wheelchair or on some medications and see how you go keeping your weight under control.

You seem nice. :rolleyes:

She and her party were called right behind us, and as I stood to board once actually on the ship, (so they could take the wheelchair back to the embarkation area) the woman turned to her travel companions and said "it's a miracle--she can walk". It was both embarrassing and infuriating.

I would have looked at her as if she was an idiot and said "Well, duh! Of course I can walk, I just can't walk far! Count your blessings, sweetie!"

You seem nice. :rolleyes:

The other lady asked for it. Sure, they could have been the better person, but since they just had their toes run over by a heavy object, I'm not holding it against them. Just earlier in this thread, someone mentioned their husband was a total grouch because of a medical issue that caused him severe pain. Well, here, that lady caused them severe pain so I have no problem with them directing their anger (caused by that pain), onto the person who inflicted said pain.

"Can we all get along?"

In a perfect world? Yes.

As long as humans remain as they are, not a chance.

Can we try to get along? Yep, but all it takes is one person who wants something you have but doesn't want to work/pay for it, or feels wronged, or any of a hundred or so other reasons and that will blow the deal up. (A more realistic view.)

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers

To be fair, this is a thread titled "Rude Passengers," so I guess it's to be expected that the discourse will be rudeness oriented.

The thread is about rudeness. However, that does not mean that the posters in this thread need to be rude to each other.

I wonder how many people in wheelchairs would love to get up and walk away if only they could. Calling someone with a physical limitation a "faker" seems rude to me.

In general I agree, but if you want to see this in action in real life board a Southwest flight and count the number of wheel chairs going on the plane vs getting off. The Southwest FA calls it the blessing of the saints of the sky and "the miracle of landing".