Liberty 7 Ngt Out of Galveston, TX

Has anyone taken this cruise out of Gavleston to the Western Caribbean? It looks like it's only going out of Galveston starting in Jan 2016 but I can't be sure. I'm looking for the compass for this sailing if anyone has it.

Thanks!

Liberty has not salied from Galveston yet. Navigator is the current Royal ship sailing from Galveston.

Edited by clarea

That's what I figured. Well I'll have to wait til the beginning of the year to see a compass. Thanks for responding!

Liberty starts sailing out of Galveston in November 2015.

It arrives on November 13th and does a single 9 night cruise and then starts doing alternating 7 night cruises on November 22nd. (Roatan/Belize/Cozumel then Jamaica/Cayman/Cozumel repeat etc.)

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone taken this cruise out of Gavleston to the Western Caribbean? It looks like it's only going out of Galveston starting in Jan 2016 but I can't be sure. I'm looking for the compass for this sailing if anyone has it.

Thanks!

I would imagine that the Navigator Cruise Compass for the Galveston Sailings will be very accurate until Liberty Cruise Compasses are posted.

Super excited that Liberty is coming to Galveston! We are looking into sailing on her before they pull her for upgrades. We have a cruise booked on Oasis in March so we need just a few more C&A points to bump us up. Looking into this one to earn those points. Plus....it's in our backyard!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
I think Navigator is sailing out of Galveston now. We've sailed out of Galveston several times on various ships.

The Navigator is gone and the Liberty of the Seas departed November 13 for its first sailing, which is a 9 night cruise.

The first 7 night cruise will be the Thanksgiving cruise.

Looking forward to our cruise Febr. 7 aboard the Liberty! Has been several years since we last sailed, which was aboard the Mariner.

You'll be the first after the dry dock. There is no sailing Jan 11 - Feb 6. Note that sometimes the refurb continues during the first sailing -- hopefully nothing too disruptive. Let us know how the new water slides are.

I see someone has a thread on the repositioning of the Liberty OTS: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2275868

Also note that Carnival will also have a Liberty ship out of Galveston starting March 18.

I don't think these two Liberty ships sail on the same day, so there shouldn't be much confusion if any.

Edited by Jimnbigd

We sail on Feb 14. Giving them a week to work out any bugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're on this same cruise! :D We booked this cruise I think before the dry dock was even scheduled. We've had this one on the books since May 2014. Like you, we're hoping they have the bugs worked out, if there are any bugs at all.

#3 Yes, there is a Mystery dinner held in Portofinos.

I think that after the January dry dock Portofino's will be Giovanni's Table. Not sure they will still have the Mystery Dinner Theater.

Edited by Jimnbigd