Will this break any rules of the UDP?

JAMESCC

We are sailing NCL for the first time next year, and of course got the great UDP for my wife and I free. Our son will be 3 at the time of sailing. Obviously he is gonna share some of our drinks that we get using the UDP [YES ONLY NON-ALCOHOLIC DRINKS!] but will that get us in any kind of trouble? Do people get in trouble for things like that or they let that slide? Thanks for any help.

We are sailing NCL for the first time next year, and of course got the great UDP for my wife and I free. Our son will be 3 at the time of sailing. Obviously he is gonna share some of our drinks that we get using the UDP [YES ONLY NON-ALCOHOLIC DRINKS!] but will that get us in any kind of trouble? Do people get in trouble for things like that or they let that slide? Thanks for any help.

why announce it here? Just see how things play out on board.

Generally waiters are trained to keep a close eye on drink sharing, and really prohibit passing "free" drinks under a package to someone who does have the package. I wouldn't think they would be that strict with a 3 year old, but profits are at stake so you never know. I would at least be prepared for someone coming over to you and saying it isn't allowed.

We are just off Getaway and also had the "free" UBP for DH and I and DD had the soda package "free". It was totally random how the bartenders would ring it up. Most of the time as long as DH and I were together, they only asked for one card assuming as a family we were all on the plan (which we were). Sometimes, they would make us show both cards and ring our drinks up separately and we each had to sign the receipts. On other occasions, we would both order alcoholic drinks and then a virgin daiquiri or colada for DD and they would put it all on one receipt. Then there were the times at dinner that we would order a glass of wine and seeing we were on the UBP they would say "oh, you want a double?" and pour 2 glass sizes into one! So, you could just try each time and go from there. Like I said, really is completely random all over the ship. I'm sure a 3 year old would love the virgin drinks, which even if he has the soda package are not part of it. A virgin mudslide for example is basically a chocolate shake. He can get Shirley Temples under the soda plan too. Hope this helps enjoy your cruise!

Generally waiters are trained to keep a close eye on drink sharing, and really prohibit passing "free" drinks under a package to someone who does have the package. I wouldn't think they would be that strict with a 3 year old, but profits are at stake so you never know. I would at least be prepared for someone coming over to you and saying it isn't allowed.

Not our experience at all. Very random how they handled it at different locations all over the ship. Even with our legitimate purchases under UBP. For instance if DH and I wanted alcoholic drinks and then a virgin for DD17, some would make us show 2 cards for 3 drinks, others only the 1. No rhyme or reason at all. No profits at stake as we were already on the UBP/Soda plans.

Seems like it depends on the individual employee. I'd guess that crew members that are parents understand that little ones like to sit on their parents' laps and pick at whatever the parent is eating/drinking. Those who don't have families may look at things from an "each person is an individual" mentality. Then again you've always got those who are sticklers for rules vs. those who are more easygoing by nature. Just do what works for you. I doubt very many people will be concerned over what a 3 year old is eating or drinking.

Did you do a typo? UDP is the DINING plan, nothing to do with drinks.

I wouldn't think a 3 year old would drink too much juice -- can you bring a pack or two of juice boxes to keep in your cabin? This way you know you have something your son will like.

Whenever we go on vacation, I always bring a package, which is great for convenience and excursions.

We have not sailed with NCL yet, but on Carnival they had 100% apple or orange juice in small bottles in the buffet at breakfast... I think NCL has a small fridge in the room, so maybe you could take an extra one of these at breakfast to drink later in the day if NCL also has these??

Also, I don't know if you know that bottled water is not included in the drink package. We are happy with the free water, but if you don't like it, maybe you can bring on some bottled water too (also great for excursions).

Not our experience at all. Very random how they handled it at different locations all over the ship. Even with our legitimate purchases under UBP. For instance if DH and I wanted alcoholic drinks and then a virgin for DD17, some would make us show 2 cards for 3 drinks, others only the 1. No rhyme or reason at all. No profits at stake as we were already on the UBP/Soda plans.

Not our experience at all either. They paid absolutely no attention at all and didn't seem to notice or care if there was sharing.

The only non-alcoholic drinks included with the UBP that he could share would be either soda or like virgin daiquiris. How much soda does a 3 year old drink?

Included for all passengers are certain beverages that kids might enjoy: juices at breakfast, flavored water, lemonade, milk, etc.

The only non-alcoholic drinks included with the UBP that he could share would be either soda or like virgin daiquiris. How much soda does a 3 year old drink?

Included for all passengers are certain beverages that kids might enjoy: juices at breakfast, flavored water, lemonade, milk, etc.

OK thanks that is actually all good news.