You might be impatient if...?

PatsyAnne

I'll admit it, I'm not the most patient person around. My cruise leaves next Saturday, and our guarantee F cabin has not been assigned yet. And it really doesn't matter to me where we end up this cruise, but I am curious.

I've checked so many times that "View Electronic Documents" has ended up in the "Frequently Visited" section in Safari (along with "The Daily SuDoku"). What are the some of the signs you're ready to sail?

Trish

I'll admit it, I'm not the most patient person around. My cruise leaves next Saturday, and our guarantee F cabin has not been assigned yet. And it really doesn't matter to me where we end up this cruise, but I am curious.

I've checked so many times that "View Electronic Documents" has ended up in the "Frequently Visited" section in Safari (along with "The Daily SuDoku"). What are the some of the signs you're ready to sail?

Trish

LOL. I'm in the same (figurative) boat and we don't leave until mid-September!

Trish

LOL. I'm in the same (figurative) boat and we don't leave until mid-September!

Neither are my DH or myself - he has me checking HAL everyday to see if we are assigned a cabin yet. We sail on August 24th, so we only have 20 days (we don't count the sailing date) :D

Wish it would hurry up and get posted.

Okie1946

Edited by Okie1946

Good wishes to all parties for a pleasant surprise when your stateroom assignment is made. The waiting period is a downside of a guarantee assignment. I have had to take one during my cruising career and it turned out well.

Trish

LOL on it being in your Frequently Visited section :D

I re-count our cash. Until the #s are nearly worn off, and I have no fingerprints visible :D

You should be checking your luggage tags.

Cabin assignments usually show up there first.

Take a look at your HAL luggage tags...they often have your cabin assignment eRlier.

LOL, checking luggage tags is why "View Electronic Documents" is in my "Frequently Visited" section of Safari. :)

As for cabin assignment, I know I'll have at least an outside cabin so I'm fine there (like natural light). Just curious, as we all get. Sometimes I care, and then I book a specific stateroom, but this time I just wanted to run up to Alaska and enjoy some cool air and a beautiful state, so I took the economical route a few weeks ago and booked a guarantee. So I'm not at all worried, but I can't seem to stop checking. Do I have a problem? An addiction? My computer thinks so.

Yay! We just found out our room assignment. Now what am I going to do the next two days?!?! Check weather perhaps?

How did you do?

Sounds as if you qualify for the "seriously serial checker club". Requirements are checking for assignments at minimum 6 times a day!

Enjoy checking the weather: do you have a least 3 websites to watch?

Edited by SilvertoGold

So, for those of us in the "seriously serial checker club," Has anyone found any patterns on what time of day they actually do the assignments? Maybe I can wean myself off of checking compulsively for the next few days if I knew when it would post!

Still waiting on my assignment, but I have 11 more days to compulsively be checking my luggage tag!

Did you get a good cabin?

I think so. I wanted an ocean view and got one in a location I like.

How did you do?

Sounds as if you qualify for the "seriously serial checker club". Requirements are checking for assignments at minimum 6 times a day!

Enjoy checking the weather: do you have a least 3 websites to watch?

I do qualify. :)

While on the road, currently headed to Seattle, I only have one weather site on my iPhone. Do the apps on DH's iPad count?

We just got offered a nice upgrade for our land/sea Alaska cruise Aug 19. They probably give those out first, then they know what is left. We went from a lanai to vista suite w balcony. $39 each total!

Doesn't HAL let you pick your cabin when you book a cruise? We sail only on Princess and never book until we have picked our cabin? Why would you let them pick where want go berth you? I don't like surprises and we have a specific range or cabins we like.

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2015 Western Caribbean, Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska

Doesn't HAL let you pick your cabin when you book a cruise? We sail only on Princess and never book until we have picked our cabin? Why would you let them pick where want go berth you? I don't like surprises and we have a specific range or cabins we like.

Yes, you can pick your cabin, but it's cheaper to do a GTY booking, which also gives you a chance to get upgraded. It's all tradeoffs.

HAL lets you pick your cabin, and we often do. But sometimes I only care that it be a certain class or better, so in those cases I can save money by purchasing a guarantee cabin. For instance, this is a short cruise to an area I've visited before, and one I recently decided to take. All I want is an ocean view.

I understand that for several reasons a lot of cruisers want or need a particular cabin or configuration and location. I rarely have that need, and usually like surprises.

I think so. I wanted an ocean view and got one in a location I like.

I do qualify. :)

While on the road, currently headed to Seattle, I only have one weather site on my iPhone. Do the apps on DH's iPad count?

Oh sure, absolutely!

Have a really great cruise!!

We just got offered a nice upgrade for our land/sea Alaska cruise Aug 19. They probably give those out first, then they know what is left. We went from a lanai to vista suite w balcony. $39 each total!

That is a great deal !!!!!

We got our cabin assignment and later the same day, we got an upsell offer. We took the upsell offer. We paid for an HH (fully obstructed view on the Lower Promenade deck) while the cabin assignment was for a mid-ship cabin on the main deck (one deck down) and DH WAS not happy. The up-sell offer let us pay $49.00 @ and we went back up to the Lower Promenade to mid-ship. DH is much happier. ;)

Think we will stay there. Boarding docs and luggage tags are printed, now we can start packing in earnest. Whoot, Whoot.

Okie1946

My assignment came in tonight for The Oosterdam Northbound Alaska sailing departing August 16. Booked a GTY SC Neptune Suite, and got assigned to a Port-side SA Suite. Happy with the assignment!

Now, I have to figure out what will replace the constant checking to see if my assignment came in :).

This has been a great thread! I too have booked a guarantee SZ cabin for August 29th sailing. Website shows there all sold out. I check my luggage tags several times each day. [emoji15] we got a tremendous deal the first go around so I can't imagine getting an upgrade. Still enjoying the anticipation. Had to laugh about moving to the weather! Lol!

I guess at this point, I should confess that have added all of the Alaskan ports to the Weather Channel App on my iPhone for easy viewing!

Edited by bjarrett7