Should I be worried

Cruisin 4 Ever

I booked a cruise for myself, DH DD, boyfriend and inlaws aboard the Splendor. Now I'm seeing a few threads that say it's a terrible ship. Did I make a big mistake? This cruise is costing me alot fo $$ because we have to travel in February from Canada so the flights alone for the 4 of us are over $3000!!

As with everything else in every other industry, all you ever hear are the bad stories because they are more sensational. For every bad story that you read, there are hundreds of good stories that you don't hear about. When I read a review and it turns negative, it seems to be someone nit picking on nonsensical issues or making mountains out of mole hills. For instance, there was a recent review of one ship where someone was complaining about the cramped spaces because they booked 5 people in one stateroom. That's something of their own doing and they are a victim of their own actions, yet blamed it on the ship and Carnival.

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure it'll be fine. I have never personally sailed on Splendor, but I guarantee it is better than sitting in the freezing cold in Canada for a week.

Edited by stobe1

Why wouldn't you have checked out the ship before you booked?

Frankly, I never believe reviews, but I guess some people do.

The best cruise I ever took got some of the worst reviews I have seen and one of those was from people 2 doors from us. Frankly, I think the problems were with them.

I booked a cruise for myself, DH DD, boyfriend and inlaws aboard the Splendor. Now I'm seeing a few threads that say it's a terrible ship. Did I make a big mistake? This cruise is costing me alot fo $$ because we have to travel in February from Canada so the flights alone for the 4 of us are over $3000!!

The Splendor is not a terrible ship. I'm sure you didn't make a mistake in booking her.

Some people don't like the decor as there is a lot of pink ( which we kind of liked, my DH said this is the "happy ship") and the layout is not great, but it is totally fine.

Don't worry about it and just have a wonderful cruise!

All cruise ships can be fun. There seems to be plenty of things to do and carnival works hard to make things fun. Splendor is still not that old. A cruise is what you make it and who you spend it with. You can find negatives in anything if you really want to but you can find the good as well. On a cruise there are a million times good as there is bad. Just enjoy it! Don't stress!

No cruise ship is a terrible ship, unless it's the SS Minnow. Quit reading reviews :) We prefer the Fantasy class, while many wouldn't step foot on one of them, and we loved the Sunshine, which is one of the worst reviewed ships ever. Go with a positive attitude, and don't sweat the small stuff.

Why wouldn't you have checked out the ship before you booked?

Frankly, I never believe reviews, but I guess some people do.

The best cruise I ever took got some of the worst reviews I have seen and one of those was from people 2 doors from us. Frankly, I think the problems were with them.

I did check it out. But obviously Carnival isn't going to say, hey the Splendor isn't a good ship. I just noticed this week several posts saying things like - I'd rather never cruise again than go back on the Splendor, it got me worried, so I turned to my fellow CCers for either some feedback

I did an 8 day on the Splendor back in January 2014 and loved every minute of it! Please take reviews with a grain of salt because most are only written to highlight one little negative thing that happened on an otherwise likely awesome cruise.

No worries! I loved the Splendor, as did many others on this Board. There are so many things that give this ship such personality, and I would sail on this ship again in a skinny New York Minute!

I always read the reviews and have learned to take them all in stride. Not every cruise is perfect, but I have never had a cruise that was as bad as some people make them out to be. Like anything else, you get what you give.

The crew on this ship was fantastic, and I think you all will have a fantastic time!

Edited by DaisyGirl55

I did an 8 day on the Splendor in June of this year and had a great time, no regrets. Is everything absolutely perfect and brand new? No, but nothing that caused an issue or was inordinately worn. I would sail on her again without question.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the reviews of other people on here, since all experiences are very subjective, and can greatly vary from person to person. IE: you may hate the food in the MDR and I may think it is the best thing ever.

I use the reviews to just get a general idea of the ship, look at and see pictures of the cabins and ports and just use it as a tool for forming my own general opinion.

Remember that all experiences can change trip to trip and person to person.

TL;DR -- Take all of the reviews on here with a grain of salt, and don't worry too much of some people complain. All experiences vary person to person.

I did check it out. But obviously Carnival isn't going to say, hey the Splendor isn't a good ship. I just noticed this week several posts saying things like - I'd rather never cruise again than go back on the Splendor, it got me worried, so I turned to my fellow CCers for either some feedback

Strange. The last 5 Splendor reviews I could find, with posts that push them to the top, had these snipets about the Splendor.

Jamman54

Thanks for following along. You will love the Splendor.

Sixbms

We had a great time. The ship was clean, the staff was happy, the seas were calm, the weather was sunny, and there was as much or little to do as we wanted.

Wiskt

Overall, was a good cruise for us.

SunnydayKim

We had a wonderful cruise on the Splendor

gapearl

I'm just back from the beautiful Carnival Splendor. She's a nice ship

Looks like you'll have a great time.

Edited by fuddrules