11am flight out of

ojaidenny

Do you think you can arrive at JFK by 9am to check in?

Most people are checked in before reaching the airport these days. If flying domestic, might not need that much time. Certainly don't if not checking bags. This is a variable question and we don't have enough info from the OP.

Such as:

Is he/she a frequent flyer and thus has priority access to airline check-in counter?

Is he/she checking any baggage which must be turned over by airline's deadline time (again this info is published by all airlines on their websites)?

Does he/she have priority access to TSA security lines, or is eligible for PreCheck?

Until these questions are answered, even possibly which airline and terminal, neither you nor I can properly answer the question.

If you went by helicopter you would have no problem. Going by car (taxi, limo, etc.) is always iffy. Yesterday there was a truck accident and fire on the New Jersey Turnpike that affected traffic all day almost everywhere.

If that's your only choice, get off the ship as early as possible and realize that you will be hitting rush hour traffic. Its not a way I would want to end a vacation.

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/travel.jsp

Princess flight guidelines from NYC:

Disembarking Passengers

For voyages arriving in New York City at 5:00 and/or 7:15 am, the earliest flight departures are as follows:

LaGuardia: 1:15 pm for international flights, 12:15 pm for domestic flights

John F. Kennedy: 2:15 pm for international flights, 1:15 pm for domestic flights

Newark: 2:15 pm for international flights, 1:15 pm for domestic flights

Very conservative but necessarily so, as on all cruise lines that disembark in New York.

Last time I was at Brooklyn pier was on the QM2, with around 1000 fewer passengers than Royal Princess. Even with priority disembarkation and a Cunard private car waiting it was 9:45 before we made it through customs. Then an hour drive to JFK on a Saturday morning. Then I got pulled aside by TSA who dumped my carry on completely out (presumably looking for an excuse to confiscate my tins of fudge from Scotland). So was not at the gate until after 11:30. And would never count on earlier even if somehow assured of a perfect disembarkation with zero delays.

I am flying out of JFK at 11am after getting off the ship in Brooklyn, should I have any problem with this time?

Its possible. You would for sure have to use the self disembarkation with your luggage and be in the first group off and take a pre arranged car service or a cab.

Saturday am, flying Jetblue. Does anyone know what they do if you miss your flight?

From their website:

No-Shows

If a JetBlue nonrefundable reservation is not changed or cancelled prior to scheduled departure, all money associated with the reservation is forfeited.

If change/cancel request is made prior to scheduled departure and on the same calendar day, customers may take advantage of our same day change/cancel options (see below for details).

You should read up on the website about the costs for changing flights by phone at the last minute...or pay the (usually lower) change fee now and remove the worry.

http://help.jetblue.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/webisapi.dll/,/?St=73,E=0000000000271161869,K=7046,Sxi=2,Case=obj(383871)

Jet Blue has one of the most lenient change policy. I would do it quickly before the price rises or they sell out.

Of course, the later flights are already going to be more expensive. They plan it that way, especially if a cruise comes in with thousands of passengers.

Jet Blue has one of the most lenient change policy. I would do it quickly before the price rises or they sell out.

Of course, the later flights are already going to be more expensive. They plan it that way, especially if a cruise comes in with thousands of passengers.

They are also one of the highest in fares.

SW is the best all around cost/changes. No bag fees!

Also, keep in mind, JFK has an odd baggage rule. A lot of airlines have a hard cutoff, won't accept any bags after 60 minute to the departure mark passed. Other airports, it's 30.

I left a bag and scuba gear on a curb, thanks to that rule. Arrived 3 minutes after cutoff, they couldn't do anything. Lost about $600 that day.