Any Ft Lauderdale Hotels Along Beach not too Expensive?

LuCruise

Are there any hotels along the beach (or close walking distance) that are not too expensive and also not too far form Port Everglades? I'm thinking of similar pricing to say Comfort Suites Airport and Crusie, La Quinta, Hampton Inn, Days Inn, etc

We are currently booked at La Quinta Inn & Suites in Hollywood, FL. It seems like there is the shops and restaurants in walking distance and so we're ok with this, and the pool looks quite nice (we arrive around noon the day before our cruise). But I am keeping my eye open for something else, with the beach being a bonus.

Currently our hotel includes airport transportation and breakfast...which are not required, but are taken into account when looking at the overall cost.

You didn't say what your date is but we stayed at the B Ocean Resort. It is on the beach and has a nice pool. I got a great rate on LMT.

Oops...sorry. We're coming in April.

B Ocean Resort is actually sold out for our night.

Oops...sorry. We're coming in April.

B Ocean Resort is actually sold out for our night.

The smaller hotels are usually less expensive but they have minimum night requirements. You'll have problems for one night in April.

I suggest you start trying for hotwire.

Don't wait, prices will only increase.

The smaller hotels are usually less expensive but they have minimum night requirements. You'll have problems for one night in April.

I suggest you start trying for hotwire.

Don't wait, prices will only increase.

Thanks. We currently have La Quinta Inn & Suites booked for a decent price (and yeah, it has gone up slightly since we booked). But we can cancel it without penalty so am keeping my eye open for something on the beach.

We booked the Riptide Oceanfront Hotel in Hollywood for January. It is a small hotel, very small...no pool but it is literally steps from the beach. It has favorable reviews.

Looks like it's sold our for our night in April. Hotel does look good though...great location. Enjoy!

Stayed at the Seville (on Seville St) last March for $120 on Expedia. Not a five star but nice smaller place half a block from the beach/shopping/water taxi stop. No pool or breakfast but a nice big room. Older but clean with a small kitchen area with a few utensils. Very nice staff. North of the port with several large hotels nearby so a nice neighborhood.

Stayed at the Seville (on Seville St) last March for $120 on Expedia. Not a five star but nice smaller place half a block from the beach/shopping/water taxi stop. No pool or breakfast but a nice big room. Older but clean with a small kitchen area with a few utensils. Very nice staff. North of the port with several large hotels nearby so a nice neighborhood.

Nice location, near the beach and close to the airport and cruise. If the beach is near, then a pool isn't required.

Where did you grab your meals? From google maps, I don't see anything near by.

We had a car and fixed our own breakfast but there were nice places nearby (walking). Don't remember names but I think a well known Mexican? place and there was a small two story mall with some places. I would imagine the hotels nearby may have had restaurants also. Las Olas Blvd is a short cab ride and has lots of eateries. Went to the Cheesecake Factory there.

Sorry I'm not more help but don't pay much attention to finding food just before a cruise. lol

If you call ahead, the water taxi is supposed to pick up at the end of Seville St, about a block or two away.

• 3 weeks later...
So glad to see your post. I booked the Seville with my adult daughter for one night pre-cruise next February. Had searched the name here on CC with no hits. My plan is to check the weather forecast about a week before. If it looks like it will not be good beach weather, I will still have time to cancel and get a refund. I have another less expensive hotel reserved as well, and can cancel it up to two days in advance. Am willing to pay a little extra and forego some of the amenities if we can spend some pleasant time on the beach late afternoon and evening. Won't have a car, but saw Lulu's Bait Shack about 5 blocks away, with 2nd floor open-air saloon overlooking the beach for dinner. Not concerned about breakfast. Can wait till we get onboard for lunch/brunch.

Won't have a car, but saw Lulu's Bait Shack about 5 blocks away, with 2nd floor open-air saloon overlooking the beach for dinner. Not concerned about breakfast. Can wait till we get onboard for lunch/brunch.

Lulu's Bait Shack is a casual restaurant with drop dead views of the beach. We've enjoyed the food and the prices are reasonable!

Have you looked into Bahia Mar? That's the hotel I'm leaning towards because my kids love the beach and I thought it would be great to be in walking distance

We stayed at the Bahia Mar for two nights after a cruise last spring. Make sure that you are in the main tower, not the marina building. The Marina building is a separate 2 or 3 story building that looks like it was a separate hotel at one point. It was clean and comfortable, but we were only able to use cash or credit card at the pool bar because their room charge system wouldn't handle the room numbers from the marina building for some reason. Not a big deal, but we felt like we were staying at a different hotel.

The property overalls nice and they have a nice pool and an elevated walkway to the beach. There are several restaurants and bars within a short walk and the water taxi stop is a short walk away.

Lulu's Bait Shack is a casual restaurant with drop dead views of the beach. We've enjoyed the food and the prices are reasonable!
Thanks for the recommendation. I saw pictures on their web site, and a decent selection on their menu. There were no prices, but one rating site listed it as $, as compared to the $$ at the nearby Casablanca.

Thanks for the recommendation. I saw pictures on their web site, and a decent selection on their menu. There were no prices, but one rating site listed it as $, as compared to the $$ at the nearby Casablanca.

LuLu's is one of my favorites for a quick bite to eat while at the beach or in that area. Definitely reasonable, and everything I've ever had there was very good. Drinks good too!

There's also a CVS on the bottom floor, if you're interested.

Have you looked into Bahia Mar? That's the hotel I'm leaning towards because my kids love the beach and I thought it would be great to be in walking distance

Yeah, I've checked here as others have mentioned this one too, but it's not available for our night in April.

LuLus and Casablanca aren't even in the same league. While I love LuLu's in a Spring Break In College sort of way and the shrimp tacos are pretty good, Casablanca is an excellent restaurant.

LuLus serves drinks in fishbowls.

Casablanca serves fresh fish.

LuLus and Casablanca aren't even in the same league. While I love LuLu's in a Spring Break In College sort of way and the shrimp tacos are pretty good, Casablanca is an excellent restaurant. LuLus serves drinks in fishbowls. Casablanca serves fresh fish.
Thanks for your comments. I didn't mean to imply that LuLus was comparable to Casablanca. It's just that LuLus fits our budget better. If it wasn't there, I would have no qualms about bringing something pre-packaged to tide us over till we get onboard the ship. I did a lot of camping with my daughter many years ago. With a week of dining onboard the Oasis to look forward to, at no extra charge, we don't feel the need to pay for an expensive dinner the night before we sail.

Thanks for your comments. I didn't mean to imply that LuLus was comparable to Casablanca. It's just that LuLus fits our budget better. If it wasn't there, I would have no qualms about bringing something pre-packaged to tide us over till we get onboard the ship. I did a lot of camping with my daughter many years ago. With a week of dining onboard the Oasis to look forward to, at no extra charge, we don't feel the need to pay for an expensive dinner the night before we sail.

That is the oddest thing I've ever heard.

I can't imagine.