what paperwork do I need to board

Happy jacc

Apologies but I cannot find the answer via search.

I have checked in online and printed my "express pass", but the writing on it is so small I can hardly read it.

Do I just need the Express pass and my passport to board?

TIA for your responses to a virgin cruiser.

I have checked in online and printed my "express pass", but the writing on it is so small I can hardly read it.

You just need your express pass, your passport and a charge card. Enjoy your cruise

You just need your express pass, your passport and a charge card. Enjoy your cruise

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Is it usual for the writing on the Express pass to be so tiny it is hard to read?

It is also printed in colour, and the light blue writing does not help.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Is it usual for the writing on the Express pass to be so tiny it is hard to read?

It is also printed in colour, and the light blue writing does not help.

Yes it is always like that.

Perhaps the ashes results should be as small in todays newspapers ??

TIA for your responses to a virgin cruiser.[/quote

Don't ask us, ask the cruise line. Better still read the material the line sent you. Don't rely on strangers who may or may not have the right answer.

Oh poppycock! There are tons of knowledgeable cruisers on these boards, most of whom know way more than anybody on the shore side staff at celebrity.

To the OP, you really only need your passport and a credit card. The express pass is nice but it's not critical, and you can easily board without it. However, as a convenience, and to make things go more smoothly at check in, I always print it out

Passport definitely needed.

The express pass is for your credit card authorization for you and your companion. All they really want is your signature. I don't believe they need to read it. If it's any consolation, mine printed miniscule as well.

If they don't like it, they will print you another one at check in.

Oh poppycock! There are tons of knowledgeable cruisers on these boards, most of whom know way more than anybody on the shore side staff at celebrity.

To the OP, you really only need your passport and a credit card. The express pass is nice but it's not critical, and you can easily board without it. However, as a convenience, and to make things go more smoothly at check in, I always print it out

You are right on! Nothing beats experience. The Express Pass will help expedite things when you pass thru the first security checkpoint. You should have something to show you are on that particular cruise. Your Passport and credit card are probably more important.

You are right on! Nothing beats experience. The Express Pass will help expedite things when you pass thru the first security checkpoint. You should have something to show you are on that particular cruise. Your Passport and credit card are probably more important.

We met a guy on a cruise who worked part time at Port Canaveral on check in. He said the best way to get a speedy check in was to have credit card and express pass in hand AND a nice smile and a friendly tone.

He said it was a very unfortunate coincidence that the surly unfriendly customers checkin invariably takes a lot longer [emoji41]

You can find a nice detailed list and description on the web site, here is the link,

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plan-and-book/before-you-go-getting-ready?tab=before_you_go_getting_ready/plan-and-book/before-you-go-getting-ready%3Fsubtab%3Dtrue

Scroll down to the Travel Documents tab

Edited by wallie5446

As Cathy says it is not critical to have the express pass. Even a supervisor at Celebrity couldn't get ours sorted out one time, so we went without. We didn't find that it delayed us at all. The check-in person was really fast. You definitely do need your passport and credit card.

Nobody mentioned this, so I thought I would. Make sure you print out the tags for your luggage. If is more than 30 days until you board, then you can call Celebrity and request they send you the pre-printed sticky ones.

Or you can order them online in the check in area of your reservation.

Or you can just not bring any and tell the porters your cabin # and let them deal with your luggage.

Really, all you *need* is money (or a credit card), a reservation number, and a passport (or other acceptable documentation to get back into the country).

Or you can just not bring any and tell the porters your cabin # and let them deal with your luggage.

Really, all you *need* is money (or a credit card), a reservation number, and a passport (or other acceptable documentation to get back into the country).

You better hope the porter isn't dyslectic. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...