7. DJ DLF
  8. Glam Gala Dance Party
  9. Spanish Recital
  10. Ballroom Dancing: Rhumba
  11. Big Band with the Celebrity Orchestra
  12. Motown Interactive theme Party
  13. White Night Party
  14. South Beach Party
  15. Karaoke (if you call this entertainment LOL)

they should get some 70's and 80's bands....even some of the tribute bands are VERY good....I agree that a little goes a long way for classical and especially acapella

I've said a few times in the past that Oceania has many of the things that many old time Celebrity cruisers wish for. Music, food, service, bridge, but it's going to cost much more.

To each his own. A little Classical music goes a long way with me, same for a string group and the Acapella groups. I listen a little then move on.

I would love to hear a good blues band or rock group, not just a cover band. But unless I go on one of the chartered cruises(at greatly inflated prices) I know that's not going to happen, so I take what they have and enjoy the things I like. If I want to hear what I like then I just stick in my earbuds and crank up my Ipod.

Well, some of you have dismissed the OP's opinion, but I have to chime in and say that I miss the classical music, too. There's plenty of louder music available onboard, and there's plenty of pop music (which I also enjoy). But it was lovely to sit in one of the lounges before dinner and listen to a string quartet. I'm not ancient, but I miss it.

I don't dismiss it, I disagree with it. Regarding Cle-guys cost benefit analysis, we did just that this spring and chose... X. Why, because we sailed Silhouette this March and I enjoyed all of the live music options that we witnessed on board. Not a single one was a Capella and you know what? I would not have given it more than a 1 or 2 song passing. Could/Would I listen to a string quartet while having a drink? You bet. Would I enjoy the acoustical singing duo more? Yep.

I am in my early 50's and like the other late Boomers/early gen-X'ers, I prefer a tad bit more volume. Guess I fit the demographic that X is targeting so for all you classical/a Capella fans, I am the cause of your pain!

Not so sure it is "generational".....maybe more cultural...we live near NYC where folks are exposed to all types of good ( and sometimes not so good music)..In Europe, indoor and outdoor concerts of fine music are family events, and are usually packed with happy concert goers!

Although Celebrity has self defined its new demographic....it has been able to please its long time loyal clientele as well as the newcomers. So far, anyhow!

Good live music of any style is a plus!

On our Reflection cruise, I was tired of all the DJ music by the pool and elsewhere. It seemed all music requests were HIS. There was very limited live music by the pool and I mean limited. I would have enjoyed a steel drum band or even a guitarist by the pool versus a DJ.

In the evening, there was very good live entertainment in the lounges.

On our Reflection cruise, I was tired of all the DJ music by the pool and elsewhere. It seemed all music requests were HIS. There was very limited live music by the pool and I mean limited. I would have enjoyed a steel drum band or even a guitarist by the pool versus a DJ.

In the evening, there was very good live entertainment in the lounges.

I used to be big into the DJ culture. One of my favorite t-shirts I have is a picture of a head with headphones, and underneath it says "Do I look like an F-ing JukeBox" :D

One thing that really annoyed me on our last Celebrity cruise was the recorded music, especially in the dining room. Not the music per se, but the same thing over and over and over again. I never thought I'd say it, but I got sick and tired of hearing Nat King Cole and Norah Jones, same songs, same order, all the time. Let's get some variety, please.

Kathy

Except for having a Bourbon while listening to some Blues ! :D

BBL

NOW you're talking!!!!!!.....but Jack & Blue's is better!

Also, Celebrity used to have accapella groups on every ship, today it is definitely hit or miss, depending upon the ship.at one point, I believe they did say that they were doing away with it. Perhaps they are bringing them back on a limited basis.

One thing that really annoyed me on our last Celebrity cruise was the recorded music, especially in the dining room. Not the music per se, but the same thing over and over and over again. I never thought I'd say it, but I got sick and tired of hearing Nat King Cole and Norah Jones, same songs, same order, all the time. Let's get some variety, please.

Kathy

Oh yeah....the endless loop played over and over and all over the ship......after a few days makes ya want to jump ship!

Oh yeah....the endless loop played over and over and all over the ship......after a few days makes ya want to jump ship!

I hear you!! I love Bonnie Raitt, but a few years ago I heard "I Can't Make You Love Me" so many times on a 14 night cruise that I was ready to spit!! It's like somebody puts a short playlist on, gets off the ship, & returns when the cruise is over,:eek:

Celebrity is trying to draw a younger audience. Not the music that most 50 and under people care for. Try Regent or Silverseas..

Regent is not really a solution. It is very boring. I still have an unused credit for a future cruise with them, but I am unwilling to put good money after bad.

Unfortunately, I only tried Celebrity after this brainwave of going after Millennials so I'm not sure what it was like before. I just know they are not succeeding at attracting that demo which are likely to go to the new Virgin Cruise Line anyway. Meanwhile, having a sort of house duo in the Martini Bar was just bizarre given the demographic they do have, although I will admit that I did not mind the music. Maybe they should just go back to appealing to the demo they had before they alienate absolutely everyone. It seems no one else is doing it as well as they were.

As for the string quartets, I will say that strings can be cool. I saw this duo with cello and violin in Cuba that interpreted some interesting music like Leonard Cohen. I think something like that would work well in the Celebrity lounges.

i can't always tell with the rock performers since they are so loud anyway. There was a singer on my last cruise whose voice seemed a little strained but I'm sur I'd sound that way too if I sang night after night. Also, I'm not always crazy about their lyrics. Everyone's tastes and tolerances are different I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear that classical music is alive and well on some cruise lines. I'm not suggesting that Celebrity end its louder volume stuff tho I personally use ear plugs for it but only that corporate cater to all musical interests and not only the interests of the newly middle aged. There are MANY young people and MANY seniors who enjoy both the pop and the more relaxing or serious music as well.