Should LeBistro go Cajun ?

bryanjaync

Maybe the Bistro on 5 needs a change, besides higher prices. I would love to see a Cajun focused place onboard. Po Boys for lunch, and jambalaya, etouffe (?), and cornbread etc. for dinner.

Agree as long as it's quality food

Maybe the Bistro on 5 needs a change, besides higher prices. I would love to see a Cajun focused place onboard. Po Boys for lunch, and jambalaya, etouffe (?), and cornbread etc. for dinner.

I think it would be great if they did! If they changed, it would get me to actually go!

seafood

Cajun has plenty of seafood options: shrimp, oysters, crawfish, catfish....

crab legs, lobster tails, stone crab claws...

That would be great if the fish was fresh daily. But it would be frozen.

I'd like to see Bistro on 5 evolve into a French Bistro. Yes some crepes still, but more traditional bistro cuisine.

PLEASE NO! maybe one or two cajun items but the whole place...terrible idea!

The enhanced menu looks fine to us......great variety...we eat there for lunch and sometimes brunch each cruise, and now dinner sounds good too, can't wait to try it on our next cruise!

I think it would be a bad move. I'm not sure a lot of cruisers, especially those who aren't from North America, would know what cajun is, and would probably avoid the place. Bistro isn't all that busy right now, and putting such a specialized menu there could make it even more empty. Plus, unless you do cajun right, it will suck. And I can't see Celebrity doin' it right.

PLEASE NO! maybe one or two cajun items but the whole place...terrible idea!

The enhanced menu looks fine to us......great variety...we eat there for lunch and sometimes brunch each cruise, and now dinner sounds good too, can't wait to try it on our next cruise!

I agree Cajun is just too specific. I think they added to the menu in order to gain a broader audience for the Bistro, so likelyhood of a Cajun specific place is probably a pipe dream.

Adding a cajun dish or 2 occasionally on the Buffet however, that's something that should be considered seriously.

But for me, I always find to very odd to be on a ship in the middle of an ocean and have little to nothing as far as decent seafood options. I realize any offer of Seafood would need a premium payment, as they have started at the Porch on Sillie and Reflection.

It's like "water water everywhere, but not a drop to drink" LOL

That would be great if the fish was fresh daily. But it would be frozen.

I'd like to see Bistro on 5 evolve into a French Bistro. Yes some crepes still, but more traditional bistro cuisine.

I live on Ohio, so any crab legs, lobster (unless live), or stone crab claws we get are frozen, so they work for me. Actually almost any fish but for some places that get us Lake Erie Perch.

I order Joe's 'stone crab claws once a year, they arrive frozen, with instructions on thawing and eating.

Add I thought I read that all meat and seafood on ships arrives frozen just for the convenience and safety factors, but I've never been able to confirm that, but it makes perfect sense.

Over several cruises we have seen bistro a bit busy on embarkation day...often busy in port at 3pm when people have got back on board after a tour, really hungry, knowing they need to be fed now, but that 6pm MDR dining is not going to happen.

Perhaps what people need is simply an all day dining menu you can utilise if the set dining so are not going to work for you on certain days.

We have dined a couple of times, no issues, but slow.....service.....and empty.

What is on the menu could be anyone's guess but the brunch menu we had in Luminae may be the sort of offering that most diners want/need. Above a buffet, tasty enough to be a real menu and suitable all day.

Just a suggestion.

I live on Ohio, so any crab legs, lobster (unless live), or stone crab claws we get are frozen, so they work for me. Actually almost any fish but for some places that get us Lake Erie Perch.

I order Joe's 'stone crab claws once a year, they arrive frozen, with instructions on thawing and eating.

Add I thought I read that all meat and seafood on ships arrives frozen just for the convenience and safety factors, but I've never been able to confirm that, but it makes perfect sense.

BLU has a nice variety of seafood....

Lots of great seafood places in Fla...we always take advantage of that pre-cruise, esp when it's the stone crab claw season....

Cajun (and Tex Mex for that matter) is too spicy. The whole trend toward spicy foods is horrible, imo, and often hides good food just behind heat.

My vote would be for seafood. Seems odd somehow that a ship, surounded by water has so few seafood offerings. Would be happy to pay an upcharge for a more and well prepared seafood options.

Cajun (and Tex Mex for that matter) is too spicy. The whole trend toward spicy foods is horrible, imo, and often hides good food just behind heat.

My vote would be for seafood. Seems odd somehow that a ship, surounded by water has so few seafood offerings. Would be happy to pay an upcharge for a more and well prepared seafood options.

Two increases are enough in a short time. Let them add some seafood without increasing prices.