Assigning tablemates before your cruise

MikeyM

Hello Cruise critic,

I'll be sailing on LOS in a few weeks with some friends in different cabins. We would like to all sit at the same table for dinner, and was wondering if I can get it setup in advance or do I have to wait until we get on the boat.

Thanks in advance.

Better hurry. You can call your TA or RCI and have them link the reservation numbers.

You may need to know their reservation number. I did this on a different cruise line and I had to have my friend's reservation number to link them.

You may need to know their reservation number. I did this on a different cruise line and I had to have my friend's reservation number to link them.

My reply was way to brief. You will need to have everyone's RCI reservation number. But before you call, everyone must call RCI (or TA) and give their permission to have their reservations linked. Plus you must ALL have the same CONFIRMED dining time.

Never heard of the DOB, but it may be a substitute for permission.

My reply was way to brief. You will need to have everyone's RCI reservation number. But before you call, everyone must call RCI (or TA) and give their permission to have their reservations linked. Plus you must ALL have the same CONFIRMED dining time.

Never heard of the DOB, but it may be a substitute for permission.

I didn't need the DOB to link our friends' reservation to ours (upcoming November). I needed their reservation number and that was all. They didn't need to call ahead for permission either. In fact, I was even able to call in using MY reservation number at a later date and take advantage of a price drop, and the RC rep said "would you like me to apply the price change to your linked reservation as well?" I said yes, and he took care of it and emailed them a new receipt. Saved them a phone call. And I'm guessing this was a fluke and not the normal protocol, but it sure was nice!

The only time I had to give their DOB was when I called to 'refer a friend'. I needed their reservation number and DOB for that.

Edited by Sherri914

I didn't need the DOB to link our friends' reservation to ours (upcoming November). I needed their reservation number and that was all. They didn't need to call ahead for permission either. In fact, I was even able to call in using MY reservation number at a later date and take advantage of a price drop, and the RC rep said "would you like me to apply the price change to your linked reservation as well?" I said yes, and he took care of it and emailed them a new receipt. Saved them a phone call. And I'm guessing this was a fluke and not the normal protocol, but it sure was nice!

The only time I had to give their DOB was when I called to 'refer a friend'. I needed their reservation number and DOB for that.

My experience was the same. I gave my reservation number to my friend and he called to have it linked. I never got a call to verify it but I'm able to see his and my other set of friends' reservation number on my booking.

Their customer service is very off and on. They let me change my friends cabin, even though I verified that my name wasn't on the reservation.

exactly my experience too. NEVER had to give date of birth or ask for permission.

Hello Cruise critic,

I'll be sailing on LOS in a few weeks with some friends in different cabins. We would like to all sit at the same table for dinner, and was wondering if I can get it setup in advance or do I have to wait until we get on the boat.

Thanks in advance.

If you are trying to get your friends all to be seated at the same table in the main dining room for either early or late traditional dining, send an email to rcldining@rccl.com. You will need the name and reservation number for the other people.

This department is very accommodating. I don't know exactly when your cruise is, but if it is more than 3 weeks away, they still have plenty of time to work this out for you. What MUST be done by the other people is to have the same dining TIME (early or late seating) already on their reservation.

If you're in traditional dining, you'll need to "link" all the reservation #'s.... If you are ALL in MTD, there's no need to "link"...simply show up at the same time to be seated together. If it's a VERY large group, you can make reservations once onboard, as large parties are harder to seat.

If you're in traditional dining, you'll need to "link" all the reservation #'s.... If you are ALL in MTD, there's no need to "link"...simply show up at the same time to be seated together. If it's a VERY large group, you can make reservations once onboard, as large parties are harder to seat.

If the OP waits until they board, it may be more difficult to accomplish, which is why they should contact rcldining@rccl.com. This email goes directly to the Food and Beverage Division at Royal home office which handles all of the seating needs as well as other special needs as it relates to dining rooms on the ships.