Cruising in october

princesszjackie

hi everyone.. I've been on a lot of cruises before but never have I sailed in late October. I am aware that it is hurricane season and is a risk, etc. But I was just wondering if anyone has had any personal experiences with weather in the Western Caribbean in October. I would absolutely hate for it to be rainy/cloudy my entire trip. I'm sailing to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Isla Roatan and Belize.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

I have hit some storms during that time frame and itinerary but it only stormed in the evenings for us here and there. We did have a brief rain storm one time during the day but it was quick and was sunny the whole time.

I prefer to sail during hurricane season, mostly because of the cost, but I enjoy the weather a little cooler than that of the Summer.

Last October we were to cruise to the Eastern Caribbean aboard the Caribbean Princess but got rerouted by Hurricane Gonzalo. So we went to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. ... the weather was perfect.

Was very disappointed about missing St Maarten, St Thomas and Grand Turk but we ended up having a fantastic first voyage.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

I've sailed twice in October. It's a great time to go. We had great weather on both of our cruises with one notable exception. We didn't go western but instead went eastern and southern itineraries. We sailed out of San Juan on Oct 21, 2012 and had absolutely beautiful weather for an entire week. The kicker with that trip was Superstorm Sandy was wreaking havoc up the coast uopn debarkation and all of our flights home were cancelled for days. We ended up flying to Orlando and staying there for three days before we could get home. The cruise was great, Sandy wasn't kind to us for the return.

Las October I had a B2B on the Conquest planned. eastern Itin first, 2nd week was western.

Before we even left Miami, The Captain announced we were going to the western ports for both weeks. A hurricane was due to be at St Thomas and San Juan the same time as our ship. We would also miss Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk.

A few hundred people decided to cancel their cruise altogether for a future cruise credit, so our departure was delayed until they and their luggage got reunited and their cancellation paperwork was done. The rest of us went on our happy way Seas were quite calm and I think it rained one day off and on in Costa Maya. Otherwise sun and low 80's.

Las October I had a B2B on the Conquest planned. eastern Itin first, 2nd week was western.

Before we even left Miami, The Captain announced we were going to the western ports for both weeks. A hurricane was due to be at St Thomas and San Juan the same time as our ship. We would also miss Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk.

A few hundred people decided to cancel their cruise altogether for a future cruise credit, so our departure was delayed until they and their luggage got reunited and their cancellation paperwork was done. The rest of us went on our happy way Seas were quite calm and I think it rained one day off and on in Costa Maya. Otherwise sun and low 80's.

We were also on this cruise, well at least the first week. I must admit we were very disappointed in missing the eastern itinerary, however did have a great week of weather on the western itinerary. It was a learning experience for us and good to know safety was their first concern. I can't imagine leaving or cancelling a cruise because of this, after all it is hurricane season.

From now on we will always be aware of possible change depending on the weather. Just go with the flow and have a great cruise!

hi everyone.. I've been on a lot of cruises before but never have I sailed in late October. I am aware that it is hurricane season and is a risk, etc. But I was just wondering if anyone has had any personal experiences with weather in the Western Caribbean in October. I would absolutely hate for it to be rainy/cloudy my entire trip. I'm sailing to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Isla Roatan and Belize.

Since you are aware it's Tropical Storm season and are willing to deal with the possibility your itinerary might be changed to keep you in the best possible weather, go for it! :)

LuLu

That would be disappointing but when you cruise during hurricane season have to know this is a possibillty and go with the flow.

...I would absolutely hate for it to be rainy/cloudy my entire trip.)

I think most of us would hate that. ;) You cannot control the weather, therefore any time spent in actual worry about it is pointless. Hope for the best, know that it may rain, and don't sweat the small stuff. You are on vacation, not cooking, not cleaning, not making beds. It's awesome. :)

We're blessed to be able to cruise at all. Book your cruise and look forward to it. :)

We've sailed in October three times so far. Only one day did we have an issue and that was a sea day. Hurricane Rina caught up with us.

Other than that, we've had beautiful weather on our October cruises. The ocean temps were warmer because of the summer currents. We swam in bathtub-warm water. I love cruising in October. But it sure does make for a long NH winter afterwards.