Transatlantic

Lulubelle45

I'm planning a bucket list cruise trip that includes a transatlantic cruise that stops in the Azores as that is where my family is from. Does anyone know if I would be able to end my cruise there rather than carry on to the mainland?? I plan on spending at least a week on the islands. This is based in leaving from the USA when the ships reposition in the fall.

Edited by Lulubelle45

If you get by the direction problem above, then you would have to get approval, IN ADVANCE, from the cruise line and the Azores. I think that normally, the cruise line would take care of getting the approval from the Azores for you

I'm planning a bucket list cruise trip that includes a transatlantic cruise that stops in the Azores as that is where my family is from. Does anyone know if I would be able to end my cruise there rather than carry on to the mainland?? I plan on spending at least a week on the islands. This is based in leaving from the USA when the ships reposition in the fall.

As noted, eastbound TransAtlantic crossings tend to be in the spring. I believe Cunard may do crossings at other times, however.

As to whether you can get off early, that's a question that has to be directed to the specific cruise line you're booked on. Some will allow it, others won't.

As noted, eastbound TransAtlantic crossings tend to be in the spring. I believe Cunard may do crossings at other times, however.

As to whether you can get off early, that's a question that has to be directed to the specific cruise line you're booked on. Some will allow it, others won't.

It has as much to do with local government regulations with entry or exit as well as customs requirements as it does cruise line policy. It is definitely something that needs to be researched and permitted by the local government agencies at the desired departure country in writing as well as the cruise line well in advance.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Check with the cruise line you are considering. What you would need to do is ask about a trip deviation. Such a request is made in writing in advance to the cruise line, if you are working with a travel agent, they will do it for you.

We have done this before in Europe for example we have gotten off in a French port, with advance approval.

The only other problem I see - is you still have to pay for the entire cruise even if you get off early. At least that has been our experience.