Sip and Sail tips

psouthcomb

Does anyone know if the sip and sail promo includes the 15% tip per drink or is this added to account? I thought I read somewhere that it is included.

Yes. It is included.

Part of the small print:

All-Inclusive Beverage Package is applicable to voyages and cruise fares advertised in this promotion only, valid only for guests one and two per stateroom in balcony staterooms and above, and is not applicable during the land portion of Land & Sea Vacations. The All-Inclusive Beverage Package includes beer, cocktails, spirits and glasses of wine up to $10, all non-alcoholic beverages including bottled water, coffee, tea, and espresso specialty drinks A 15% gratuity is included in the offer.

Edited by caribill

Tips are definitely included. Remember that nonalcoholic beverages are also included. You can ask for fresh squeezed orange juice at breakfast. Perrier at dinner. Enjoy!

Or a bloody Mary at breakfast and a Manhattan at dinner ;)

Great idea we received before our Royal British Isles cruise in July, if you are ordering wine by the glass on the AIBP stop by Vines for the best selection. We would have pre-dinner drinks here then take a glass of our favorite to the dining room. They also have the best wine glasses, so much better than the glasses used in every other venue. I made a deal with my favorite bartender to bring the empty glass back after dinner as wine taste so much better in a nice stem!

Really don't like those small thick wine stems they use in the other bars and restaurants. Also liked the tasting flights they offered in Vines. 3 wines served in a neat wine stand and included in the plan.

image.jpg.0557857aaa25596aeb1d2968535bc056.jpg

Does anyone know if the sip and sail promo includes the 15% tip per drink or is this added to account? I thought I read somewhere that it is included.

I read through this quickly and thought you wanted tips on what to order.:D

I like the Captain's Bounty, and stay away from the Beverly Hills Iced Tea. That one is pure alcohol. :eek:

Read a conspiracy theory on another site...

Princess is running this promotion which doesn't begin until May 2016, because that is when many/most of their drinks will be $10.50 or above, due to a planned rate hike. Anyone know any truth to this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Princess is running this promotion which doesn't begin until May 2016, because that is when many/most of their drinks will be $10.50 or above, due to a planned rate hike. Anyone know any truth to this?

if you read it on the internet it MUST be true.

False

Many cruises prior to May 2016 had the promo. Also, I would speculate that if and when Princess increases individual drink prices so that most are higher then the $10, at the same time they would increase the price of the AIBP.

Think I will wait the 10 months to see if its true.

False

Many cruises prior to May 2016 had the promo. Also, I would speculate that if and when Princess increases individual drink prices so that most are higher then the $10, at the same time they would increase the price of the AIBP.

Well if the sip n sail is included, the AIBP cost doesn't matter. I was just wondering if we receive the promo, and then maybe be out some selection.

The drinks must be under $10 according to the fine print, however,

is that including the gratutity. Example, a drink is $9.00 and the tip if included would make the drink $10.35. Am I understanding this right?

In my experience it's been the price before the tip.

Great idea we received before our Royal British Isles cruise in July, if you are ordering wine by the glass on the AIBP stop by Vines for the best selection. We would have pre-dinner drinks here then take a glass of our favorite to the dining room. They also have the best wine glasses, so much better than the glasses used in every other venue. I made a deal with my favorite bartender to bring the empty glass back after dinner as wine taste so much better in a nice stem!

Really don't like those small thick wine stems they use in the other bars and restaurants. Also liked the tasting flights they offered in Vines. 3 wines served in a neat wine stand and included in the plan.

Thanks for the tip about Vines and the tasting flights as well included on the plan! Can't wait to try them out soon! :)

The drinks must be under $10 according to the fine print, however,

is that including the gratutity. Example, a drink is $9.00 and the tip if included would make the drink $10.35. Am I understanding this right?

Under $10 not including the tip.

As I understand it, part of the reason of this extensive promotion is to introduce the concept to many people who would not consider it otherwise (like me!) The theory is, that once you've had it, you may realize how convenient it was and consider purchasing it in the future. Or it could backfire and make people realize that they could never make it worth it to them. Who knows. But if the first theory has credence, I can't see why they would raise prices to sabotage the program.

Edited by Murphey

As I understand it, part of the reason of this extensive promotion is to introduce the concept to many people who would not consider it otherwise (like me!) The theory is, that once you've had it, you may realize how convenient it was and consider purchasing it in the future. Or it could backfire and make people realize that they could never make it worth it to them. Who knows. But if the first theory has credence, I can't see why they would raise prices to sabotage the program.

I see two reasons for this offer:

o Princess is trying to maintain pricing levels and not reduce the pricing for cruises. (Of course, as demand goes up, the price can go up.) One way of doing this is to keep the price about the same and throw in amenities such as the AIBP which makes the pricing more attractive.

o Other cruise lines are offering their equivalent of the AIBP with bookings and people have been asking why is Princess not doing the same.

Our last couple of cruises have been on Celebrity, where they have 2 levels for their all inclusive beverage package --- the Classic is often included as a perk, but you can upgrade for about $10/day and get all the high end brands (with a few exceptions.) Does anyone know if there are many drinks/brands over the price of the Princess package? I'm assuming you can get a martini, especially using a lower level vodka or gin. How about wine --- I know wine prices can go up really high, but can you find a pretty good selection included in the package? The Princess package is about the same price as the Celebrity Premium package. We.re back to Princess for the British Isles cruise next May.

Edited by cynbar