What's your favorite part of a cruise?

Staceman225

That first morning I wake up in my cabin, knowing that I've done everything I had to do (pack, fly, get there, muster, unpack) and all I have is my vacation ahead of me! Love that first morning coffee on my balcony looking at miles of open ocean and knowing that I only have fun and relaxation for the next couple of weeks.

Every evening the last thing we do before tuning in is walk around the open decks enjoying the night air and the sounds of the ocean. Pure Heaven!:D

My favorite exact thing to do too......the quiet aloneness of the nite open walking track with the night breeze blowing your face! :)

the anticipation to my cruise is driving me crazy! So I will join in the fun!

I love boarding the ship, finding the stateroom, dropping the stuff off and back up to the Lido Deck for food!!!

One of my other favorite things to do is watching the water at the aft of the ship under the moonlight and stars <3

I also love the steam room and saunas!

I always fly in on the morning of the cruise, so embarkation day is usually a long and multi-layered series of events. (cab to the subway, flight, then cab to the port) On about the second or third day, the troubles and stress of life back home disappear into the wake and I'm finally at peace. This feeling lasts up until the last full day, when I usually pack and get ready to be evicted the next morning...

When you pull up to port and see the funnel the butterflies start. I begin making my "we arrived safely and are about to check in" texts and calls. That first "ping" then the sound...smell...sight of that first step onto the ship... All these are great!

But the best is when my husband says its time to turn off the phones and he becomes cruise hubby-my favorite person! No stress, no worries, lots of time and attention...on each other and family-not on phones, business, TV, or any other distractions!

I love all the things mentioned, but to me the number 1 is

That first morning staying in bed later than I ever get to at home and DW being there too.

Rare that we both get a late start on the same day.