Dancing with the Stars Fall 2015 Gowns and more

KandCsailing

Just finished watching the whole show. Bindi (who definitely has her dad's personality), Alek (the train hero) and Nick (Backstreet Boy) were my favorites. Kim, the jockey, and Gary Busey were my least favorites with Paula Deen and Chaka Khan very close.

Watching the Tuesday show now which, so far, is just a remix of last night's.

I did like Erin's dress but once again it could use at least a little bling for TV. Was that a bow on the shoulder? The dark colors she often wears do not come across well on TV. I would love to be able to see the dresses up close.

So far I think my favorites are Bindi Irwin and Alek (the train hero).

Gary Busey was kind of charming in a crazy way.

Poor Tony. Wonder if they pay him a bonus for accepting the duds. At least he looked hot dancing with no shirt.

Loved the dress choices for the first week.

Julianne's jeweled collar necklace was cute with her strapless gown and I liked that green colour on her.

Carrie ann always looks good in red, but from the back I didn't think the cutout back shape matched well with the front.

Erin's new long bob looks good. Will be much easier to see her dresses without her hair so long.

Wow Kerri - you were on the Freedom cruise? It was an interesting thread about the evacuation. Did you remain on the ship until it got to PR? Do you have another cruise lined up yet for the 50% off?

I'm leaving Friday night for a 2 week RV vacation to the Utah national parks so won't be able to watch DWTS, unless the RV park has cable (some do).

Wow Kerri - you were on the Freedom cruise? It was an interesting thread about the evacuation. Did you remain on the ship until it got to PR? Do you have another cruise lined up yet for the 50% off?

I'm leaving Friday night for a 2 week RV vacation to the Utah national parks so won't be able to watch DWTS, unless the RV park has cable (some do).

It was Carnival Liberty with the fire on September 7th in St Thomas. We stayed on board the entire 7 days and used our original flight home on Monday. I posted at least once on that thread and met the original poster. He was in our FB rollcall also. We were lucky to have already been off the ship and across from the pier area when the evacuation happened.

We don't have another cruise booked yet, but Dh was looking even when we were on the ship.

Hi Sandy, have a fun trip:).....I didn't watch any of it and don't plan

to this year. I have lost interest....this year especially...the people

(I really don't think most of them are "stars" at all)....the celebs....

don't do a thing for me.

Hi Lois! Yeah, not many actual "stars", as usual. But it's still kinda fun to watch them learn to dance.

As usual again, there are a few "ringers" - the married couple Alexa and Carlos are amazing dancers...hmmm. And of course Nick from Back Street Boys has been dancing on stage for many years. Another hmmm.

Actually, it may be worth watching just because of Gary Busey - he's so crazy! He talks...but nothing coherent comes out of his mouth. It's pretty amusing.

Hi Lois! Yeah, not many actual "stars", as usual. But it's still kinda fun to watch them learn to dance.

As usual again, there are a few "ringers" - the married couple Alexa and Carlos are amazing dancers...hmmm. And of course Nick from Back Street Boys has been dancing on stage for many years. Another hmmm.

Actually, it may be worth watching just because of Gary Busey - he's so crazy! He talks...but nothing coherent comes out of his mouth. It's pretty amusing.

Hi Sandy:)....to be honest, it is not (for me) worth watching anymore.

I have more fun watching Monday Night Football:D

I forgot to say have a great trip!

I used to travel out to Alberta and down to Florida with my Grandparents and Mom in a mid size motorhome in the 70's and early 80's. I was the navigator, reading the maps and finding the KOA camps. They sold it just after I turned 16; but I did get to take it for a spin around a mall parking lot.

Thanks Kerri! Fun way to grow up, huh? I grew up tent camping.

DH and I bought a truck camper and had it for a couple years (great way to vacation with the dog) and then bought a fifth wheel (has an upstairs! - 36' long, 4 slide-outs). This is our third year using it and we use it a lot. Lots of 3-day weekends. And then 2 weeks.

We no longer cruise because we prefer to go glamping instead, plus DH got a new job a couple years ago after Hostess went out of business, and he only has 2 weeks of vacation now.

We lost our dog a couple months ago so it's been difficult camping without her. Miss her so much. We don't have kids because we met on a cruise 9 years ago in mid-life, and neither of us had had kids from before then.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :D

I am so glad that this thread was started again. I really like Bindi, and think she did a great job!

I thought both Paula and Gary were complete disasters. Gary always seems like he has a brain that has been fried, but I think it is a big act. I really enjoyed last season and in the beginning I didn't think the people were all that great. My feelings are the same now, so I hope I also warm up to the folks.

I am so glad that this thread was started again. I really like Bindi, and think she did a great job!

I thought both Paula and Gary were complete disasters. Gary always seems like he has a brain that has been fried, but I think it is a big act. I really enjoyed last season and in the beginning I didn't think the people were all that great. My feelings are the same now, so I hope I also warm up to the folks.

My son thought he read somewhere that Gary had been in a motorcycle accident and had suffered a brain injury. It might explain a lot! ;)

Anyone catch the dresses Carrie Ann and Julianne wore to the Emmy's? I didn't care much for either. Carrie Ann said it reminded her of Elvis and I could see that but the sleeves that doubled as capes were what I did not like. Julianne's looked more like a neglige to me.

The jockey wasn't in the bottom two??? What's with that? There were at least four contenders to go home from last week's dancing and I would have agreed with any choice.

Couldn't see enough of Carrie Ann and Julianne to say much about the dresses except I liked the colors.

Erin had on a beautiful suit which is probably exactly her style but I keep hoping for more TV glamour from her.

I was fine with who was sent home, I think that the jockey will probably go home tonight based on last nights dance, some of the others who weren't good last week stepped up their game last night. Loved Erin's suit, I would wear it and might look for one for one of our upcoming cruises.

Since there were several who were all so bad, I was fine with any of them going home--was surprised that Kim wasn't in the bottom two though. She did do a lot better last night, and a couple of others stepped up their game too.

I actually made sense out of most of what Gary Busey said!

I liked Erin's suit--for her. Not too many people can pull that off. It was hard to see much of the judges dresses; they looked fine.

I'm missing Len, the voice of reason, on the panel. I liked Bindi's dance the best--she's such a surprise. Some of the judging seemed very erratic, as usual.

I am glad that the person who went home did. I didn't even know who she was, and since the pro with her was new, he didn't have his own following to vote. I do think a lot of the regular pros have their own fan club who vote for them no matter who they are dancing with.

I was hit and miss on watching. My problem is my husband absolutely refuses to watch, and he wanted the football game on, so I was changing the channels when they had time outs and commercials during the game. I didn't see the Emmys because of Sunday night Football.

Does Bindi's brother look like their dad, or what?

Erin finally had a little bling and looked great.

Julianne's dress had too much going on for me. I liked Carrie Ann's dress especially the unexpected back. Wish I could see the skirts on them.

I think the right "star" went home.

I didn't see the Emmys because of Sunday night Football.

I think you made a better choice. We started to watch the Emmy's and found them unwatchable with the unfunny jokes. I usually watch almost all the awards shows.

I think the right person went home both nights.

I liked the backs of Carrie Ann and Julianne's gowns but the fronts both seemed to busy. I wanted to cut away some of Carrie Ann's, it was so high. I'll try to find photos.

I was fine with who went home tonight and Monday night, although the other one in the bottom two last night was the worst. There is a cadre of 4-5 that are all equally bad.

I hated Julieanne's eye make-up, couldn't see enough of her dress to judge. I didn't like CarrieAnn's dress, especially the high neck line.

They seem to be bumping up the scores on the bad dancers and being really critical of the good dancers--some of the worst and best got the same scores! Really, Bindi got a 7 and so did Paula, I think? No comparison.

They seem to be bumping up the scores on the bad dancers and being really critical of the good dancers--some of the worst and best got the same scores! Really, Bindi got a 7 and so did Paula, I think? No comparison.

Carrie Ann often gave higher scores than the others on Monday and lower on Tuesday. :confused:

I'm not sure how the judges were able to say nice things to the "stars" that move like robots and do more walking than dancing.

A couple of the lower scoring "stars" do seem to be improving slightly.

I finally got caught up on both nights shows. That's a lot of TV for one week! I hope they don't do two dance nights like that again. Must have been exhausting for the poor dancers too.

I wasn't really a fan of any of the gowns this week. First night - I didn't like the top of Carrie Ann's dress, Julianne's dress was a pretty color but a bit prom-y, and Erin's suit was too casual. Second night - Carrie Ann's dress looked like 70's crochet, Erin's dress didn't seem to fit right and Julianne's one-sleeved dress was just strange. I do like Julianne's hair much better this season.

Poor Keo! He's been sent home first 3 times now. They really need to give him some better material next season.

I agree with one of the judges who told Emma to stop with all the extras and just let Hayes dance. I know she had to put in a lot of filler when she had poor dancers but Hayes is pretty good.

Last week Paula really bugged me because she was so crass. I was glad to see her act more like a lady this week. I hope she keeps it up.

Bindi has been a nice surprise. And Tamar too.

I really liked the way they showed the pros backgrounds on Tuesday's show. It was great to get to know them better.

Whew, lots to talk about with two shows. I'll stop now. :)

My son thought he read somewhere that Gary had been in a motorcycle accident and had suffered a brain injury. It might explain a lot! ;)

That does explain a few things. He seems to have trouble hearing too.

He did ok on Monday night but his pasodoble had to have been the worst paso I've ever seen. :)