Drink package

cruisin froggy

How much you drink per person, per day will determine if a package is a good value. A package is only for 1 "leg"...if you want it for the entire trip, you'll buy a package for each leg. And, the package is for 1 person only....

Edited by cb at sea

Not sure if this question was ever addressed. Is it worth it to purchase a drink package? We are wondering if we will save any money that way and on a b2 b , would the drink package from the first leg apply to the second :confused:

Thanks.

There are countless threads addressing whether a beverage package is worth it. Countless.

It all boils down to the individual. What are your drinking habits? Do you drink inckuded options? Itinerary - port heavy itineraries may be less "worth it" - or may not depending on drinking habits. Budget? And so on... Only you know if it's worth it for you.

Packages are per person, for duration of sailing and only available on first or second day (and charged for entire sailing even if bought in second day). The discount in bottles of wine can be shared with others, ie if you buy a bottle, you can share that wine, otherwise, packages are per person, no sharing

I had 3-4 drinks (mixed or wine) on board pretty much daily, and I thought that was PLENTY of alcohol. For the AIBP to be financially viable, you'd pretty much have to have 5-6 drinks a day. After a bit it'd feel forced and you'd also appreciate drying out...

Frankly, you'd be better off just paying as you go. The exception is they just finished the so-called "Sip 'n' Sail" promotion where, if one booked passage on at least a balcony room, they threw in two AIBPs for you and your cabin-mate. Under that circumstance I would obtain it. Otherwise, the AIBP is merely a convenience and you'd be likely to lose money on its purchase. If conversely you have deep pockets and don't care, then go for it; but if you're a good but moderate drinker who watches what they spend, well, Danger Will Robinson, Danger! Sorry Princess.

I had 3-4 drinks (mixed or wine) on board pretty much daily, and I thought that was PLENTY of alcohol. For the AIBP to be financially viable, you'd pretty much have to have 5-6 drinks a day. After a bit it'd feel forced and you'd also appreciate drying out...

Frankly, you'd be better off just paying as you go. The exception is they just finished the so-called "Sip 'n' Sail" promotion where, if one booked passage on at least a balcony room, they threw in two AIBPs for you and your cabin-mate. Under that circumstance I would obtain it. Otherwise, the AIBP is merely a convenience and you'd be likely to lose money on its purchase. If conversely you have deep pockets and don't care, then go for it; but if you're a good but moderate drinker who watches what they spend, well, Danger Will Robinson, Danger! Sorry Princess.

Not always the case, especially as the AIBP includes bottles eater, sodas, coffee drinks specialty teas, and milkshakes (except Regal & Royal)... Lots of people male it cost effective in those items alone, or adding in a glass of wine with dinner and nightcap. Hence, the numerous times its mentioned that it really does matter only what the individual drinks, whether it's included, etc. We've had days where we've drunk nothing alcoholic and others where we've had a few more and it all evens out.

Not always the case, especially as the AIBP includes bottles eater, sodas, coffee drinks specialty teas, and milkshakes (except Regal & Royal)... Lots of people male it cost effective in those items alone, or adding in a glass of wine with dinner and nightcap. Hence, the numerous times its mentioned that it really does matter only what the individual drinks, whether it's included, etc. We've had days where we've drunk nothing alcoholic and others where we've had a few more and it all evens out.

I'd agree if one were spreading things out. Otherwise my answer applied to alcohol exclusively, which I interpreted the OP was inquring about. If that's the case I stand by what I said, it isn't worth it (unless, uh, you're Foster Brooks or practice his similar habits). ;)

Not sure if this question was ever addressed. Is it worth it to purchase a drink package? We are wondering if we will save any money that way and on a b2 b , would the drink package from the first leg apply to the second :confused:

Thanks.

Asked almost every day.

As a general rule about 6 drinks a day to break even.

No you would need a 2 nd package.

I tried to find where this was addressed before since I was sure it was but didn't see anything about my b2b questions Anyway, thanks for the answers.

It's two cruises, so one package per cruise. It's just common sense... why would Princess, or any other company for that matter, give you the second week free?

It's two cruises, so one package per cruise. It's just common sense... why would Princess, or any other company for that matter, give you the second week free?

I'm not sure that is what was being asked. I read the question as would you need to buy a second package for the second leg or would the package you bought for the first leg just keep running, ie, charging you $49 for the total number of days.

Thanks.

Someone took a lot of time to create the attached Beverage Evaluator. This should help. [ATTACH]359637[/ATTACH]

This spread sheet is a great tool to help you make a decision. ;)

Thanks.

No, the package from the first week/leg would not apply to the second week/leg. You'll get a new cruise card for the second week/leg, so you'll need to buy a new package for the second week/leg - as the sticker won't match. They rotate colors randomly each sailing, for this exact reason.

Enjoy your sailing...

No, the package from the first week/leg would not apply to the second week/leg. You'll get a new cruise card for the second week/leg, so you'll need to buy a new package for the second week/leg - as the sticker won't match. They rotate colors randomly each sailing, for this exact reason.

Enjoy your sailing...

Actually, on a B2B in the same cabin, Princess now has just one cruise card for the entire cruise.

Instead of having a voyage number on the cruise card these days, Princess shows the starting and ending date the card is valid.

Of course you are correct that the right colored sticker will need to be used on the second segment.

Okay, I'm going to jump in with a question that is sort of relevant. I like to have a nice amount of brandy at night to sleep. Around 6 ounces. Will they give you more than one shot at a time or do I have to go from bar to bar to bar to get my amount for my bedtime drink? Same with coffee in the morning, I like a nice shot (double) of kahlua in my coffee. I also prefer my drinks strong so would want a double there as well. Can I get it?

Okay, I'm going to jump in with a question that is sort of relevant. I like to have a nice amount of brandy at night to sleep. Around 6 ounces. Will they give you more than one shot at a time or do I have to go from bar to bar to bar to get my amount for my bedtime drink? Same with coffee in the morning, I like a nice shot (double) of kahlua in my coffee. I also prefer my drinks strong so would want a double there as well. Can I get it?

Ordering a double will put you over the limit... So, with the card, you'd have to order one and then another one... One thing you could do, but you'll have to pay extra, is order it from room service...

Drinks are one at a time.. No doubles, etc. You can order them pretty quickly right after each other though. Alternatively,, after a night or two, if you frequent a particular bar/bartender, they'll likely know you're preferences and have two ready to go for you to out together, or pour you a double and swipe your card twice.. Has happened for us on a few ships.

Policy is one drink/pour/shot at a time, but there's no time limit or anything...

Drinks are one at a time.. No doubles, etc. You can order them pretty quickly right after each other though. Alternatively,, after a night or two, if you frequent a particular bar/bartender, they'll likely know you're preferences and have two ready to go for you to out together, or pour you a double and swipe your card twice.. Has happened for us on a few ships.

Policy is one drink/pour/shot at a time, but there's no time limit or anything...

That's it.

If you and SO both have a package, it's only three visits and from most places on the ship it's not hard to pass three bars on the way back to your cabin.

Of course I wouldn't expect anything free. I meant if there was anything left after the first leg, would it roll over to the second leg. Or maybe I'm not understanding how the drink package works and if you pay the required amount and if you don't use it you lose it.

Of course I wouldn't expect anything free. I meant if there was anything left after the first leg, would it roll over to the second leg. Or maybe I'm not understanding how the drink package works and if you pay the required amount and if you don't use it you lose it.

You pay per day. That gives you unlimited drinks (up to a price per drink).

So let's use rough numbers your package might be $50 per day, a 7 day cruise means $350, that may be a limit if $10 per drink, so you can have as many drinks per day as you want, as long as each drink sells for $10 or less.

You pay per day. That gives you unlimited drinks (up to a price per drink).

So let's use rough numbers your package might be $50 per day, a 7 day cruise means $350, that may be a limit if $10 per drink, so you can have as many drinks per day as you want, as long as each drink sells for $10 or less.

Thanks. I understand now. It's per day and wouldn't roll over. Aooreciate your explanation.

Thanks. I understand now. It's per day and wouldn't roll over. Aooreciate your explanation.

The numbers I've used are not exact and will vary from location to location depending on the currency and other factors, but you get the drift.