AARP $500 rewards for goods gift cards...now available

CRU1Z1N

There are quizzes you take under the tab rewards for goods at the top of the AARP page. You get points for answering the quiz questions, even if you get them all wrong. To redeem points go to the redemption area and click on the item you would like to redeem. For the carnival gift cards you need 5000 points for each $500 gift card. AARP saves you 10%, so your $500 gift card is only $450, however worth $500.

Hope this helps! Good luck'!

Hi!

How do you get one of those rewards cards? I am an AARP member.

Thanks

You have to set up an online account with your membership number if you haven't already; then there are different exercises you can do to accumulate points. The $500 cards cost $450 plus .59 shipping in addition to 5,000 points. It doesn't take long to accumulate points. There are also other gift cards as well for dining, shopping, etc.

I have a question that might have been answered before, but I looked and can not find it.

I have a $500.00 Carnival gift card that was a gift from my family.:) The balance on my Feb. 2016 cruise is less than $300.00.

If I use it to pay in full does the balance go toward OBC automatically or do I just apply the balance once I`m on board the ship?

If on board the ship how do they know the balance on the card?

Sorry if this is not clear, but maybe someone will know the answer that does understand what I`m asking.;)

Im im Canadian, can we get this? If so please post a link so I can go...thanks

From what I have read on the AARP rewards program, this is not open to Canadians. Here is a copy from a rewards program contest:

Open to AARP account holders who are enrolled in the Rewards for Good Program and who are a 50 U.S. states and D.C. resident, 18+ years of age at time of entry.

If someone has different info, please post.

I have a question that might have been answered before, but I looked and can not find it.

I have a $500.00 Carnival gift card that was a gift from my family.:) The balance on my Feb. 2016 cruise is less than $300.00.

If I use it to pay in full does the balance go toward OBC automatically or do I just apply the balance once I`m on board the ship?

Sorry if this is not clear, but maybe someone will know the answer that does understand what I`m asking.;)

Assuming the card is a plastic card and not an e-card, you can use it to pay off the balance on carnival.com. You will have money left on your card. You will have to bring the gift card to Guest Services on the ship and they can apply the remaining balance as OBC.

Check your balance here: https://www.carnivalgiftcards.com/

Edited by fuddrules

It's like any other gift card. You pay what's left on your cruise, and then when on board apply the rest to you s&s card. So, if you have a $500 card and pay $300 that's left on you cruise, it will leave a $200 balance. Just ask GS to apply it all.

It's like any other gift card. You pay what's left on your cruise, and then when on board apply the rest to you s&s card. So, if you have a $500 card and pay $300 that's left on you cruise, it will leave a $200 balance. Just ask GS to apply it all.

You can also use the the cards for excursions booked online ON THE CARNIVAL WEBSITE. you CAN NOT use the gift cards to book private excursions.