Excursion question

How does a refund work if I book an excursion online pre-cruise through RC, but then decide once onboard not to do it? Does it come back as OBC? I would like to book one now, if only to remember it (chemo brain!) and am not sure if my sisters would like to do that one, too.

Thanks in advance!

How does a refund work if I book an excursion online pre-cruise through RC, but then decide once onboard not to do it? Does it come back as OBC? I would like to book one now, if only to remember it (chemo brain!) and am not sure if my sisters would like to do that one, too.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, your refund comes back as OBC if you cancel on board. Also, I believe you have to cancel 24 hours in advance.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you would get it back as OBC.:)

Hi to all.

next year we will make our first cruise with Royal Caribbean. Having always traveled with an Italian company would need some information about excursion (and surely many others )

If I book through the cruise planner then I find the tickets in the cabin?

Place and time of the meeting where they will be scored?

Once you get to the meeting point you have to take the numbers or you are called to go down with your group?

Sorry for the many questions and my English :o

Thank you in advance.

Hi to all.

next year we will make our first cruise with Royal Caribbean. Having always traveled with an Italian company would need some information about excursion (and surely many others )

Once you get to the meeting point you have to take the numbers or you are called to go down with your group?

Thank you in advance.

Yes the tickets will be delivered to your cabin. The time and meeting place will be on the ticket. You will be called down as a group. They often give you a sticker with your groups number on it. Hope this helps.

Hi to all.

Thank you in advance.

Which sailing are you considering?

Remember if you do book an excursion with RCCL, to double check your tickets when you get them. Our excursion was moved up by an hour with no notice (Except of course, on the tickets!) and we didn't realize until too late and we missed the excursion!

RCCL was kind and did refund our pre-paid amount, however, my mother paid for 7 of us on her credit card prior to the cruise, and the $$ was refunded to each person's room account, not just to my mother's account. :)

Thank's cant_w8_2_cruise for this additional explanation.

Really a very kind gesture by RCCL.

I take this opportunity to ask for a another information. There is also the possibility that are changed times marked on the ticket?

If yes, how is it communicated?

Thank you in advance :)

Ps: thank you all, really very kind. Very nice and helpful your Forum.

Remember if you do book an excursion with RCCL, to double check your tickets when you get them. Our excursion was moved up by an hour with no notice (Except of course, on the tickets!) and we didn't realize until too late and we missed the excursion!

RCCL was kind and did refund our pre-paid amount, however, my mother paid for 7 of us on her credit card prior to the cruise, and the $$ was refunded to each person's room account, not just to my mother's account. :)

It is too late now for you, but for others and for future reference:

You could all go to Guest Services and ask for the OBC to be moved to your mother's account. They are happy to do this.

There is also the possibility that are changed times marked on the ticket?

If yes, how is it communicated?

We pre-booked an excursion through RCCL for 9:30am. The confirmation that I printed out said 9:30am. However, my brother-in-law saw on the envelope that it said to double-check times on the tickets. When we looked at the tickets, they said 8:30am. This was the ONLY way we knew the times had changed. We did not receive an e-mail or any other notification.

Seasoned Cruisers, is this a fairly normal practice? it was our first cruise and our first excursion (the 2nd day on board) so we were not expecting it...

I always double-check my tickets when I get them so that if there's an issue I can get it taken care of ASAP. Or ask if there's a time change - which there can be.

In Feb I was cruising on Disney and had gone back and forth between two excursions. I was charged on board for the one I wanted (which was the more expensive of the two), but my ticket was for the other one (and in hindsight I should have gone with that one). I went to the desk to find out which I was actually signed up for - I WAS signed up for the one I did not get a ticket for, so they took care of that for me and got me the right ticket. Had I not noticed it, I would have shown up at the time and place on the ticket and gone on that excursion - and then realized I was on the wrong and cheaper option and been trying to deal with getting the difference refunded.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

Yes, your refund comes back as OBC if you cancel on board. Also, I believe you have to cancel 24 hours in advance.

FYI, if the cruise line cancels it, or you don't make the port the 24 hours rule is waved. Just FYI