what happens if part of cabin reservation doesn't make the boat?

Kiran

Our reservations are linked. I am on Cape Cod, my sister in Wellesley. Nobody has cruise insurance. My Husband is willing to go home if necessary to let me and daughter go on cruise. Last minute is how my sister and her husband live. If no one cancels since not necessary to cancel for cruise insurance purposes then maybe there won't be a singles supplement? And she will most probably make it.

Will update when we get home-hopefully the 29th and not earlier!

Sounds like she meant a couple of days ago. She is probably on the cruise. Big question is whether her sister made it. Hopefully she will remember to update the 29th.

It sounds like sis/hubby/dau are coming down just to wave and wish you a bon voyage, then watch the ship pull away from the pier - assuming they arrive in time to do that much.

I'm one of those who fly in the day of departure. But I arrive by 10:30 that morning for a 4:00 departure.

But, just in case it is not a fake, I will be careful to stay off I-95 tomorrow in early afternoon as there might be a lunatic tearing along.

Now that is funny!

My family was at the terminal at 12:00, even after returning home to make sure coffee pot unplugged. Unplugging of appliances added to bottom of checklist for leaving house on vacation.

My sister and family showed up at 2:45. We waited in the terminal for them and then my daughter checked in with them.

My daughter (14 1/2) said it was the best cruise ever because of her experience in the Kids club. She was allowed to move up to the O2 club to be with her cousin after trying the Circle C. She said they never stopped talking. So that is what makes a cruise for a 14 girl. The conversation.

Meanwhile I realized to my horror that my sister is "that person", the one I judge, on the boards.

She mentioned how great the buffet was so you could grab a bite to eat when you were still in your bathing suit.

She believes no extra tipping is needed. The cruise line set the auto gratuities so that should be enough. (I tip extra because I ask extra. Such as two starters and/or two desserts)

And she had never heard about tipping for excursions.

However she is never a chair hog so there is that in her favor. And she is polite with please and thank you for any service.

Thanks for updating us and glad it all worked out! Out of curiosity, could your daughter have checked in without your sister and her family or did you all wait in the terminal for almost 3 hours because she could not?

As for tipping, on here a lot of us do tip extra but CC is really just a small percent of the cruising public. It would not surprise me if most people did not tip extra (especially if they did not require anything above and beyond) because they know gratuities are going to be added on to their bill.

They just live closer to the edge than my husband and I.

I think those of us who are planners cannot understand those who live a little closer to the edge. They don't understand us either though.

My parents, my husband and I are all planners of the mind "if you are not early, you are late." My brother and sister-in-law? They amble around and can usually be found boarding no earlier than an hour and a half before last boarding. They would cut it close every time if my parents would not have a small stroke. When we all cruise with my parents, we are not the first ones in line but we certainly arrive well within the first hour you are allowed to board.

I totally understand the nail-biting anxiety it causes.

Glad they made it and you had a great cruise.

Edited by legaljen1969
Didn't read entire thread before posting.

Our reservations are linked. I am on Cape Cod, my sister in Wellesley. Nobody has cruise insurance. My Husband is willing to go home if necessary to let me and daughter go on cruise. Last minute is how my sister and her husband live. If no one cancels since not necessary to cancel for cruise insurance purposes then maybe there won't be a singles supplement? And she will most probably make it.

Will update when we get home-hopefully the 29th and not earlier!

:eek: Omigosh. I'm having an anxiety attack for you!!

Please do update us on how it goes, but hopefully your sister will reconsider. I must say, if I were in this situation, I'd be a little torqued at my sister. It's one thing if she wants to play fast and loose with her trip, quite another to possibly jeopardize yours.

:eek: Omigosh. I'm having an anxiety attack for you!!

Please do update us on how it goes, but hopefully your sister will reconsider. I must say, if I were in this situation, I'd be a little torqued at my sister. It's one thing if she wants to play fast and loose with her trip, quite another to possibly jeopardize yours.

Check out post #57. OP has completed the cruise and updated the situation.

It was hard to find my thread. I had not subscribed to it. So it took a while to realize all i had to do was click on my user name and then click second tab for statistics and I could find any posts or threads started by me.

So happy all worked out well for you and your family.

Thank you for returning to the thread to let us know. Far too often people come

here, tell us their situation and we never hear how it ended.

Welcome back. :)

You did not say what your port and departure time is. So I will use 4pm. That means they will leave at 11am. You must be on board by 2:30pm per customs requirements. Theres no acceptions. If they csn make it in 5 hrs. they will be waving to you as you sail away. Sucggest they leave as early in the morning as possible.

You did not say what your port and departure time is. So I will use 4pm. That means they will leave at 11am. You must be on board by 2:30pm per customs requirements. Theres no acceptions. If they csn make it in 5 hrs. they will be waving to you as you sail away. Sucggest they leave as early in the morning as possible.

Again, check out post #57. OP has taken the cruise and returned, reporting that all went well.

• 2 weeks later...