I'm really confused by the Sale Offering

cruisemeaway

I called Princess about the new Three Deal offering. Specifically, the cabin upgrade. And, the very nice woman explained to me that if I got a cabin upgrade that it would cost me extra dollars. How can that be? Then it's not free. Right?? And, then she went into the free gratuities and if we got that benefit, we would lose other stuff. I'm so confused right now. Our cruise is booked and paid in full. I also asked her about the hotel package for Anchorage and guess what! It's not on the Princess web site any more. At least she couldn't find it. Neither could I. I am not happy with Princess right now. She is more like an ugly toad instead of a Princess!! :mad:

Barbara

I called Princess about the new Three Deal offering. Specifically, the cabin upgrade. And, the very nice woman explained to me that if I got a cabin upgrade that it would cost me extra dollars. How can that be? Then it's not free. Right?? And, then she went into the free gratuities and if we got that benefit, we would lose other stuff. I'm so confused right now. Our cruise is booked and paid in full. I also asked her about the hotel package for Anchorage and guess what! It's not on the Princess web site any more. At least she couldn't find it. Neither could I. I am not happy with Princess right now. She is more like an ugly toad instead of a Princess!! :mad:

Barbara

Princess now sells upgrades (upsells) as they can make more $$.

Upgrades are still possible but less likely.

Not sure what you mean about the hotel package. Did you book it? Are you wanting to book it? Did you use a Travel Agent?

Princess now sells upgrades (upsells) as they can make more $$.

Upgrades are still possible but less likely.

Not sure what you mean about the hotel package. Did you book it? Are you wanting to book it? Did you use a Travel Agent?

No, haven't booked it yet but want to. No to the TA also. I did notice another post from someone else who was able to find the hotel package. And, just so you cruising friends know, I will never claim to be the sharpest crayon in the box. I just need a little extra TLC. lol;)

No, haven't booked it yet but want to. No to the TA also. I did notice another post from someone else who was able to find the hotel package. And, just so you cruising friends know, I will never claim to be the sharpest crayon in the box. I just need a little extra TLC. lol;)

Just book the Captain Cook yourself and take the train to Whittier.

Approx. $60pp

Alaska Railroad........http://www.alaskarailroad.com/

Its an incredible 2-3 hour ride right to the pier.

They take your luggage in Anchorage at the train station and you don't see it again until it arrives in your cabin.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Just book the Captain Cook yourself and take the train to Whittier.

Approx. $60pp

Alaska Railroad........http://www.alaskarailroad.com/

Its an incredible 2-3 hour ride right to the pier.

They take your luggage in Anchorage at the train station ad you don't see it again until it arrives in your cabin.

This was a very big help! Thank you very much!

Barbara

I'm in the same club. TA checked on this for us. Yes we can do it but it will cost 100.00 less for the cabin and we lose 100.00 OBC why bother. Just left everything as is, a shell game I guess. We have made out on other sales so can't complain, just why do they make some of these so confusing.

This sounds similar to my experience with Celebrity. You have to insist on written confirmation of the price and all the perks you think you are getting, BEFORE you pay anything. And look over the confirmation as soon as you get it. They don't give you very long to cancel it if anything goes wrong--less than what the statute requires in some states, in fact.

The Three for Free deal and it was going to cost me approx $800 more than what I'm paying now. I can pay my own grats, have a specialty dinner every night and STILL have money left over! :(

I just had the same "new math" experience trying to book a X cruise. Their new pricing strategy which will go until 2017, can really be a screw up for a buyer if they don't work the numbers.

Word is out and for frequent cruisers that the program is not sitting well. X is trying to go to an all inclusive experience like the upscale lines. But to advertise it like something is free or a great value is totally nuts. Very few will actually see a big savings if any. I prefer a discounted rate with the freedom to spend any obc on what I want.

Edited by eandj

The cabin upgrade is for the same category but different location. A balcony isn't just a balcony. It's a higher grade in one location from another. Going from a balcony to a suite will cost more money.

It states that on the flyer I received in the mail yesterday..."Free Stateroom Location Upgrade".

It also states we can pay the lowest fare for a type of cabin & get a more expensive category of that type of cabin. For example we could book the lowest category inside cabin (IF) and get the highest inside category (IA) for the same price subject to availability. Checking one of the sale cruises, all categories within the same type of cabin (inside, ocean view, balcony, minisuite or suite) all cost the same.

I just noticed they break down the categories even further & pricing for unobstructed oceanview & deluxe balcony categories are a separate more expensive category than obstructed oceanview & standard balcony category cabins.

Edited by Astro Flyer

The cabin upgrade is for the same category but different location. A balcony isn't just a balcony. It's a higher grade in one location from another. Going from a balcony to a suite will cost more money.

Yes, this is correct . For example, you can upgrade from a forward balcony to a midship balcony, or similar mini-suite location upgrade. The specialty restaurant voucher is for guests one and two, as are the "free" gratuities at $11.00 or $12.00 per person/per guest/per day (which in our case adds up to $282.00 for a 21 day cruise.) I am currently awaiting an updated invoice from the TA to see the actual numbers.

...VTX-Al

Edited by VTX-AL

Based on your cruise history list, it appears you are referring to the 9/7/2016 Alaska Island Princess cruise, and the new promotion would apply to cruises in that time frame, but I do not know if it applies to yours.

If so, why have you paid in full over a year in advance?

If not so, which cruise are you referring to?

Also, what category have cabin have you booked? (IA, O5, BC for example).

Edited by caribill

Does anyone know if you can upsell yourself (watch prices and get a better cabin by paying the difference between what you already paid and the revised price, as long as it is at least a little more) and still keep your perks from the original booking? Celebrity allows this and, with a little homework, you can get a great deal, usually after final payment.

Based on your cruise history list, it appears you are referring to the 9/7/2016 Alaska Island Princess cruise, and the new promotion would apply to cruises in that time frame, but I do not know if it applies to yours.

If so, why have you paid in full over a year in advance?

If not so, which cruise are you referring to?

Also, what category have cabin have you booked? (IA, O5, BC for example).

I found your post to be somewhat offensive. However, I will graciously reply and give you the answers you seek.

Yes, I am referring to the 9/7/2016 Alaska Island Princess cruise

We paid a full year in advance because we wanted to (that amount of money won't earn that much interest in a year anyway)

And, Last, the category for the cabin we have booked is IC

Barbara

I found your post to be somewhat offensive. However, I will graciously reply and give you the answers you seek.

Yes, I am referring to the 9/7/2016 Alaska Island Princess cruise

We paid a full year in advance because we wanted to (that amount of money won't earn that much interest in a year anyway)

And, Last, the category for the cabin we have booked is IC

Barbara

He means well. :o

My TA told me that we couldn't get an upgrade to a B1 or B2 from our BD unless we pay extra! So much for a "Free Upgrade"! Is that BS?

My TA told me that we couldn't get an upgrade to a B1 or B2 from our BD unless we pay extra! So much for a "Free Upgrade"! Is that BS?

A BD is a balcony and a B1 or B2 is a premium balcony. The upgrade is only within the same category, ie balcony to balcony or premium balcony to another premium balcony. These are different categories, so no, it's not BS, unfortunately.

The terms & conditions state "like to like" giving examples such as "balcony to balcony". It also states "Upgrade offer excludes select categories, including but not limited to premium categories and suites" which excludes B1, B2 & B4 premium balcony cabins from this sale.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I went for the Travel Zoo promo and in doing so, lost the Sip and Sail Beverage package, which I am ok with.

When we still had the beverage package, it should up on our Personalizer as "Compliments....".

My question is....now that we have the Free Gratuities instead, will that show up on our Personalizer?? Is so, where? Haven't seen it yet.

I have visions of getting to the ship and having them say we don't really have it! :eek: