the Wash Your Hands song

Yet another reason I never turn on my stateroom TV; I've thankfully missed that one! :)

Now, the "washy-washy" on Explorer (and spreading), using isopropyl alcohol which is generally ineffective against Norovirus; that's annoying! (And yes, I use the hand sanitizer anyway!)

I have not heard any of that. What cruise lines?

Royal Caribbean. It seems to almost be a ritual on Explorer outside the Windjammer. People tell stories about the "washy-washy lady"! Someone will probably post a picture of her; I don't have one.

As I say, I've not heard the song!

Edited by markeb

I'm not sure if it the same song, but on the Quantum during muster drill in the American Icon restaurant, the cruise director staff was singing a song about using the Purell dispenser and it was as corny and stupid as an act could get.

We could not leave until the act was finished.

Is it just me, or is the Wash Your Hands song from the stateroom TV a very annoying earworm? I keep hearing in my head, "wash your hands and make your mother proud/and you might join the popular crowd ..."

We had this on Adventure of the Seas last September, and yes it did become annoying.

That said, people ignored it, and we had approx 400 go down with noro.

So a big thank you to all who ignored.

I like the song.:)

The animation is cute and the tune has a happy sound.:)

Yes, it does stick with you…that is what it is supposed to do.:):)

I agree. This is one "ear worm" song that I am in favour of. If it means people might actually do what the song requests I am all in. Some around us during muster, when the video is run on Oasis Class ships, have said the song is immature and childish. However, those that don't wash their hands could fall right into that group since they risk getting sick and could effect others as well. RC is targeting their "advertising" market, as you should/could not be any more captive than at muster.

I also get to hear this song while on a ship, which means I am not at work which makes me happy.:)

Is it just me, or is the Wash Your Hands song from the stateroom TV a very annoying earworm? I keep hearing in my head, "wash your hands and make your mother proud/and you might join the popular crowd ..."

That's the point of the song, it's annoyance makes you remember it. Sound advertising method.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Really don't know what the answer is even with the song the dispensers and everything else you still get the filthy people who dont wash there hands or use the Purcell. The worst I've seen was a woman in the windjammer licking her fingers while going to use tongs to get more salad.... Yuk

Really don't know what the answer is even with the song the dispensers and everything else you still get the filthy people who dont wash there hands or use the Purcell. The worst I've seen was a woman in the windjammer licking her fingers while going to use tongs to get more salad.... Yuk

Omg I'd have said something. Like right there, loudly said something.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk