Live From the Caribbean Princess Iceland & Norway Explorer Sept. 5th 2015

Woobstr112G

Bob

Thank you so much for this wonderful "live from." You really have gotten me excited about next year's trip. Enjoy these last few days.

Ruth-Ann

Wait till you see the pictures on my Flickr page. Then you'll really get excited.....:):):)

Bob

Hi Bob,

I've been enjoying your thread. I feel like there is a cliff hanger unresolved. Have you gone back to Sabatini's again after the bad service the other day? I notice you did go to the HC one morning for breakfast and enjoyed it there.

Sorry to be nosy like this.

Haven't been back to Sabatini's. Holli's been on me to go back so I'll probably go back there tomorrow.....

Bob

Bob,

Sorry the ship couldn't make Newfoundland. The people were so gracious as we visited on our Baltics trip. I never saw so many people for our sendoff. Unfortunately, I don't think Newfoundland is one of our ports for

next year. We go straight from Iceland to Boston.

All of a sudden, I can't access the spreadsheet. Says I need your permission.

Another thing for your to do list when the party's over for this trip.

Safe travels and calm seas,

Pam

Haven't been back to Sabatini's. Holli's been on me to go back so I'll probably go back there tomorrow.....

Bob

I can't imagine staying in a suite on Princess and not eating breakfast in Sabatini's. It's one of my favorite parts of the day.

I have never received the kind of bad service that you mentioned on your meal there. If I had, I would definitely have complained to management that day.

I hope to see you there for breakfast on the trans-Atlantic next year.

Good morning from the Caribbean Princess. Today is our fourth full day at sea since leaving Iceland. We would have been docking in St. Johns but as I stated yesterday we will be missing the stop due to weather issues. Last night it rained quite a bit with the seas being quite rough. Thithe weather is somewhat better and the seas are a little calmer.

Not much planned for today other than going to the gym and starting to think about packing duties which I will begin the day after tomorrow:(.

Hope All Are Well.....:):):)

Bob

I can't imagine staying in a suite on Princess and not eating breakfast in Sabatini's. It's one of my favorite parts of the day.

I have never received the kind of bad service that you mentioned on your meal there. If I had, I would definitely have complained to management that day.

I did register my displeasure through the proper channels. I just lost a little interest in it (I know, it was hard for me to say it:)) and I probably over reacted a but. So now it's a brand new day (albeit towards the end of the cruise) and I plan on going You will definitely see me there next September..:):):)

Bob

Good evening all from the Caribbean Princess. We are enjoying a nice day at sea. A little while ago the Captain came on the PA system and advised that we'd be skipping St. John's Newfoundland due to high winds associated with an approaching Storm off the coast of Newfoundland. We have an extra day at sea and are now due to dock in Halifax at 2000 on Friday. We will overnight in Halifax and depart on Saturday at the normally scheduled time. Oh well. At least we'll have a chance next year to see what we will miss this year.....:):):)

Bob

Interesting....you are skipping Newfoundland and we (National Geographic Explorer/Lindblad) are heading to St. John's from L'Anse aux Meadows NF, skipping a national park on the East Coast of NF due to weather......sorry you will miss it, but believe me, the seas are really rough!

Bob

That's ok Bob. I lost interest after a few days and we had pretty good service. I guess you have to be a breakfast person, which I am not, to really enjoy it. But with that said I'm glad they offer it. Nice place to go in the morning to start your day. Joe :)

Hi Bob,

We have been following your live from thread since we were planning to take this cruise in 2017 but your wonderful posts have made us reconsider and today we booked to be traveling with you next year in 2016. I've tried to email you via your CB 2016 link but I am unable to open it from my computer. Could you please send me your contact information so that I may send you an email to be added to the spreadsheet for next year. My email is jviles2 at comcast dot net No spaces and change at to @ and dot to .

Also please sign hubby, Paul, and I up for the Golden Circle tour.

Thank you so much and really looking forward to seeing your photos and meeting you next year.

Judy

Folks, Please remember that (1) Bob is on vacation and (2) he doesn't have unlimited internet.... Why don't we let Bob enjoy himself and contact him with any requests for next year's cruise when he returns?

Didn't mean to offend anyone. I didn't mean for him to send it to me right now but at any time in the future. So sorry.

Good evening all from the Caribbean Princess. We are enjoying a nice day at sea. A little while ago the Captain came on the PA system and advised that we'd be skipping St. John's Newfoundland due to high winds associated with an approaching Storm off the coast of Newfoundland. We have an extra day at sea and are now due to dock in Halifax at 2000 on Friday. We will overnight in Halifax and depart on Saturday at the normally scheduled time. Oh well. At least we'll have a chance next year to see what we will miss this year.....:):):)

Bob

The cruise next year will be calling on Boston and not the maritime provinces including Newfoundland. Maybe you are on another cruise next year to that area?

Keep the reports coming as we are following your adventure while anticipating what it will be like next year on the CB. We are looking forward to our first TA preceded by the cruise around the British Isles. I wish you calm seas.

Good morning from the Caribbean Princess. It's about 45 degrees and the seas are just a tad above smooth. Today is our 5th day at sea since leaving Iceland. As stated earlier, we were supposed to dock in St. Johns Newfoundland today but had to skip the port due to bad weather. This is why we are getting a 5th unscheduled day at sea before we arrive in Halifax tomorrow evening. Interesting thing is we will overnight in Halifax and depart at our scheduled time the next day.

Not to report from yesterday. One thing I’ve noticed about the CB is that on bad weather days, inside areas seem very crowded; more so than on other ships (Crown Class and Diamond/Sapphire) that I’ve traveled on. A particular area I noticed crowding is in the Horizon Court. The last couple days of bad weather you could not find an open seat, even to share, in any area during lunch. My thought (purely a guess on my part) is it could be due to the CB being a Grand class ship the Riviera deck was added to, thereby increasing the number of passengers while maintaining the smaller Grand Class passenger space ratio.

Tonight is our last formal night I’ll get to dress up in my tux for one last time. I really enjoy getting dressed up for dinner and also enjoyed the convenience of having the rental tux waiting for me in my cabin when I boarded. Before tonight’s festivities, I plan to get some breakfast later, workout in the gym and begin to pack some stuff in preparation for the end of thee cruise. Always hate the later:D.

I’ll check back in later. Hope all are well and enjoy their respective day.....:):):)

Bob

The cruise next year will be calling on Boston and not the maritime provinces including Newfoundland. Maybe you are on another cruise next year to that area?

Keep the reports coming as we are following your adventure while anticipating what it will be like next year o]n the CB. We are looking forward to our first TA preceded by the cruise around the British Isles. I wish you calm seas.

You are 100% correct, When I saw your post, I realized my mistake. Next year we do indeed have 5 days at sea after leaving Iceland before we arrive in Boston. our in the future (which the Guess I'll have to look into a fall foliage cruise in the future that Holli has been after me for years to book.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Totally agree since I'd be out of commission without my glasses! Every time I get new glasses I put my old pair in a case and put it in the suitcase where it will remain for all trips. Even though the prescription may have changed some it is still better than no glasses at all!

Oh dear to losing a lens, but THANK YOU for reminding me to check I have spare sets of both regular and sunglasses packed in the case and the spare pair-probably regular glasses as it should be sunny travelling to the ship for me, my Spring season, in my handbag. I've 2 mismatched frames from an earlier prescription, I could get the prescription updated using those frames as the "Travel Back Up Pairs." Sorry for your bad luck, but thankful for the early reminder to protect myself by organising a Back Up Set.

Am thoroughly enjoying the Live From. Back to reading (and drooling-it's a Bucket List Cruise).

I just wanted you to know how much I have enjoyed your account. I will be on the cruise next year with you and just happened on your log by chance. I am looking forward to meeting you and your wife. I am a veteran Princess cruiser but you have given us all a sample of many things. I was especially interested in the weather at this time of year and your favorite sites. This cruise seems to always fill up early and be very popular. Thanks again! Like you I love sea days and crossing the Atlantic. Mike

Edited by bobby3334

Good morning from the Caribbean Princess. It's about 45 degrees and the seas are just a tad above smooth. Today is our 5th day at sea since leaving Iceland. As stated earlier, we were supposed to dock in St. Johns Newfoundland today but had to skip the port due to bad weather. This is why we are getting a 5th unscheduled day at sea before we arrive in Halifax tomorrow evening. Interesting thing is we will overnight in Halifax and depart at our scheduled time the next day.

Not to report from yesterday. One thing I’ve noticed about the CB is that on bad weather days, inside areas seem very crowded; more so than on other ships (Crown Class and Diamond/Sapphire) that I’ve traveled on. A particular area I noticed crowding is in the Horizon Court. The last couple days of bad weather you could not find an open seat, even to share, in any area during lunch. My thought (purely a guess on my part) is it could be due to the CB being a Grand class ship the Riviera deck was added to, thereby increasing the number of passengers while maintaining the smaller Grand Class passenger space ratio.

Tonight is our last formal night I’ll get to dress up in my tux for one last time. I really enjoy getting dressed up for dinner and also enjoyed the convenience of having the rental tux waiting for me in my cabin when I boarded. Before tonight’s festivities, I plan to get some breakfast later, workout in the gym and begin to pack some stuff in preparation for the end of thee cruise. Always hate the later:D.

I’ll check back in later. Hope all are well and enjoy their respective day.....:):):)

Bob

Not our idea of a fun cruise 45 degree weather and 5 sea days and can't even get a seat to eat lunch because everyone is in a crowded area. So to stay in a room all day with not much going on is no fun . SORRY!!!

Bob

Yes, the sunset on the horizon is a sight to behold!

Now the horizon court for lunch is another matter, what about the regular dining room. Was that equally busy? We always eat as many meals as possible in the MD, breakfast, lunch and dinner. As most of you know, on embarkation day a main dining room is available as an alternative to the madhouse at the buffet in Horizon.

Did they offer the afternoon tea? We always enjoyed tea and scones at 4:00. Any opportunity to eat!! :D

Not our idea of a fun cruise 45 degree weather and 5 sea days and can't even get a seat to eat lunch because everyone is in a crowded area. So to stay in a room all day with not much going on is no fun . SORRY!!!

Totally agree with your thoughts , for us a cold cruise and 5 sea days spells very boring. We love the pool areas and the activities around the pools and just enjoying the warm Caribbean sun.

Then I guess it's lucky for you that you aren't on that cruise. :rolleyes: Is there some reason you thought this information would be helpful to this Live from thread? :rolleyes: I know this is a very hard concept for some people to understand, but there are people who like one thing and people who like something else. :rolleyes:

Edited by shredie

Good morning from the Caribbean Princess. It is 0615 hours local time as we continue our journey towards Halifax Nova Scotia. Due to our extra sea day/missing St. Johns, we are scheduled to dock in Halifax around 1900 tonight. We will also overnight at the port.

Last night was our third and last formal night. It was, as always, fun to get dressed up in my tux for one last dinner. We enjoyed the Captain’s gala dinner in the Palm dining room. As usual, the food and service were excellent. The Champagne Waterfall was also held in the Piazza. It was well attended and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. I noted free Italian sparkling and white wine being served during the festivities.

An interesting story from yesterday. After breakfast in Sabatinis, Holli and her sister went shopping in some of the Piazza shops. I had to take care of a few matters with passenger services and told Holli I would join up with them when my business was complete. Before we parted, I reminded Holli of our mutual promise to each other in that we would avoid going into the Effy store. When my business was complete, I dropped off some items in the cabin and then returned to the Piazza to look for Holli and her sister. As I arrived in the Piazza, I bet you can already guess where I found the two of them. Needless to say, both of our resolves were non-existent and I left the establishment planning the extra overtime at work that would be needed as a result of our vist:D.

Also on tap for today is to start filling up the suitcases I pulled out from underneath the bed this morning. It’s always a little sad when you are nearing the end of a cruise, but it will be nice to get back to reality. The biggest plus for us is we will be picking up our beloved Misha from the K9 hotel he has been staying at since August 31st.

Today aboard the Caribbean Princess there is Bible study in the wedding chapel at 0900. There is also a golf putting challenge and an unhosted “Knitters & Knatters” meeting set for 0900. At 0915, there is a Zumba class scheduled and at 1000 the morning Mutts movie will be Momma Mia. At 1000 there is also an enrichment lecture about space travel. One thing that I’m sure interests everyone is the Snowball jackpot bingo that will be held at 1130. For early after music enjoyment “Jumari” performs in the Piazza at 1300.

One note about the entertainment I’ve mentioned over my postings. It is just a sampling as it would take entirely too long to type everything that is going on onboard the Caribbean Princess. Not to fret though as when I get home I will be scanning and posting all of the patters, shorex guides, etc to my flickr page.

That’s all for now. I’ll probably check in later this afternoon.

Hope Al Are Well.....:):):)

Bob