Live From the Caribbean Princess Iceland & Norway Explorer Sept. 5th 2015

Woobstr112G

Good evening from the Caribbean Princess. It is around 2300 (probably later after I finally hit the send button on this post). We just got back from dinner and a long conversation with our tablemates. Our late seating traditional experience was once again excellent in both food quality and service.

Today Holli decided to stay back and rest up so I struck out on my own for our ship based excursion to Hesteyri. Hesteyri is an Icelandic Village that was abandoned back da very enjoyable time and I took a ton of pictures. Getting to and from Hesteyri involved an hour long boat ride where we saw a huge glacier (sorry don’t remember the name) along with several whales and beautiful scenery.

Our sail away was rather special as we saw a group of whales showing off. I’d have to say there were about 4 or 5 whales that we were watching from our balcony.

Tomorrow in Reykjavik we have a Golden Circle excursion that was arranged by a member of our CC roll call. I am really looking forward to enjoying the sights and also the abundant picture taking opportunities.

Tonight’s entertainment consisted of a U2 concert shown on Mutts at 1700. In the Piazza there was Piano Melodies at 1700 with Jan Gulbicki. There was an offering of pre-recorded Ballroom music in Club Fusion at 1800. The Souvenir Trio took over in the Piazza at 2000. Jan Gullbicki performed once again in the Piazza at 1900. At 1915 the original Sound of Music was screened on Mutts. In the Princess theater there was Cabaret Showtime with Neil Lockwood at 1915 and 2045. One note, I usually do not go to production shows so I cannot really comment on them.

The Wheelhouse Barr offered the Alphand Duo from 2100 till closing. Jumari was in Crooners at 2115. Jan Gulbicki moved to Crooners at 2200. There was also a late night movie “Run All Night” shown in the Princess Theater at 2215.

One interesting thing I heard from our cabin steward today concerns laundry. He told me that the turnaround for elites was 72 hours but full suite passengers could get their laundry back the next day.

That’s all for now. Hope all are well……:):):)

Bob

Good morning from the Caribbean Princess. It is about 0645 hours local time and we are just docking in Reykjavik Iceland. There is a little nip in the air and a slight breeze blowing. Today Holli & I are going to experience the Golden Circle area on a private excursion. Reykjavik will be our last port in Iceland before we begin our glorious (yes I like them) four days at sea heading to Newfoundland.

More later later this afternoon when I return from the excursion. Hope all are well.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Bob can you include quizzes and audience participation shows please, June

On the majority of Princess cruises, there is usually trivia in mid morning, late afternoon and something around 9:00 PM. Audience participation? Not sure what you mean.

Edited by Pia1913

21333105066_096d335667.jpg

Good afternoon from the Caribbean Princess. We just got back on board after a wonderful day spent ashore. We participated in a tour of the Golden Circle via a private excursion arranged by another roll call member. We had a great group of members with us and one fantastic guide to show us around. I highly recommend the Golden Circle. If you've never been to Iceland, you will not be disappointed.

The above picture is the "GullFoss" or "Golden Falls." It is simply amazing.

That's all for now. Hope all are well.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Bob can you include quizzes and audience participation shows please, June

That's a tad time consuming with all the other stuff I'm doing. All is not lost however as I will be posting the patters on my flickr page a week or so after we get home. The link is at the bottom of my signature....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Hi Bob,

We will be doing this cruise with you next year. We are enjoying your blog. I have a favor to ask of you, if you have the time. We will be in cabin D302; the last mini available on the entire ship. We see from deck plans that it is right next to elevator hall. If you get a chance, can you walk by that cabin and see if you hear any "bings" from the elevators. We are very light sleepers.

Thank you so much.

Hi Bob,

We will be doing this cruise with you next year. We are enjoying your blog. I have a favor to ask of you, if you have the time. We will be in cabin D302; the last mini available on the entire ship. We see from deck plans that it is right next to elevator hall. If you get a chance, can you walk by that cabin and see if you hear any "bings" from the elevators. We are very light sleepers.

Thank you so much.

Can't tell you about Dolphin 302, but I can tell you about Caribe 302. Never heard the dings.

Hi Bob

Enjoying your live from postings! We too had a great tour of the Golden Circle a few years ago on the Emerald Princess! Nice photo!

If you have JerseyK ( Walter & Linda) in any of your tours or gatherings please tell them their friends

- Dawna & Rick say Cheers and Happy Sailing! :D

Good afternoon from the Caribbean Princess. We just got back on board after a wonderful day spent ashore. We participated in a tour of the Golden Circle via a private excursion arranged by another roll call member. We had a great group of members with us and one fantastic guide to show us around. I highly recommend the Golden Circle. If you've never been to Iceland, you will not be disappointed.

That's all for now. Hope all are well.....:):):)

Bob

Bob enjoying the comments and pictures. I have a suggestion for next year. Maybe you should start a go fund me account to help pay for your internet and your blog. Wonder if that has ever been tired. :) Hope Holli is holding up. Now settle back and enjoy your sea days. Joe

Edited by waltd

On the majority of Princess cruises, there is usually trivia in mid morning, late afternoon and something around 9:00 PM. Audience participation? Not sure what you mean.

Perhaps game shows could be a better description. Thank you for your blog you are doing a terrific job of painting a picture of what we have to look forward to next year

June

That's all for now. Hope all are well.....:):)

Bob

Bob, we are joining you next year and thoroughly enjoy your daily activity account. How many did you have at the Meet and Greet? Did many officers attend? Did you do a "sail away"?

Hope to get another Golden Circle tour organized so we can experience all this beauty in 2016.

Did your late arrival in previous port affect tours that you know of....especially any private tours? Sorry for all the questions but reading about this cruise can get a person quite anxious for September 2016 to roll around!

Keep up the great commentary....love it!!!:D

All is we'll.....:):)

Good evening From the North Atlantic on board the Caribbean Princess. Today was our first of four full sea days as we sail towards St. John's Newfoundland. It sure was nice not having to wake up early to go on a shore excursion. this is the main reason I love cruising so much, Sea Days:).

Tonight is our second formal night for traditional late seating in the Palm dining room. The service and food in the Palm continues to be very good to excellent. Right now Holli is off getting her hair done and I'm just relaxing in the cabin. I'm going to be getting to to my tux in a few so I can head to Crooners to finish off the 007 Martini series. If I'm right, I only hVe the "Vespa" to go.

That's all for now. I'll probably check back in later on tonight.

Hope All Are Well.....:):):)

Bob