Live From the Caribbean Princess Iceland & Norway Explorer Sept. 5th 2015

Woobstr112G

Hi Bob. U r on my Shetland Islands tour next year in Lerwick & I know there was one this year. If you hear of anyone who went on that tour I'd appreciate any info from them when they get back. Email: sunbern52atgmaildotcom Much appreciated!

Berni

Hi Bob. U r on my Shetland Islands tour next year in Lerwick & I know there was one this year. If you hear of anyone who went on that tour I'd appreciate any info from them when they get back. Email: sunbern52atgmaildotcom Much appreciated!

Berni

I'll see what I can do.....:):):)

Bob

Good afternoon (1451 hrs local time) from the Caribbean Princess. So far today, it's been a drizzly, cold and solid ugly cloud cover day. I wish it would say this way as this is my favorite kind of weather at sea. Yeah, I know that may sound a little weird. I just got back from the gym after a pretty good cardio workout. I had to be a little careful on the treadmill as there was some noticeable ship movement during my workout. While I was at the gym, Holli, her sister, and sister's hubby went to the pub lunch in the CG. Holli told me it was a nice lunch and the food was good.

This morning , I had what I hope is a one time occurrence of less than stellar service while enjoying breakfast in Sabatini's. I ordered my usual Eggs Benedict while Holli got some cereal and a fruit plate. Holli got her food fairly quickly while I waited over 30 minutes for my food. The dish arrived somewhat lukewarm and my side order didn't arrive for another 15 minutes. When I did finally arrive, the waiter tried to serve it to Holli. One other thing about the server. He never came by once to see if I wanted another cup of coffee. Finally, when I brought this attention of the headwaiter, he seemed rather aloof and had "I can't be bothered with your problems" attitude. I sure am hoping this was a one time thing because inthe past breakfasts I have always had the best experience.....

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Bob

I want to thank you for the time and effort you are expending while on vacation to submit your Posts reporting your cruise.

On the 20th of Sept we will be boarding the CB when she is docked at New York City bound for Canada so I am reading your Live From Posts with great interest.

And, I made note to self to pack a spare set of Glasses.

Bob

21254578582_fe9ab4e2fa.jpg

Good morning (my time) from the Caribbean Princess. Today is a leisurely day at sea as we head to Akeuryi. Getting ready at the moment to head to Sabatinis for breakfast. So this suite perk has been outstanding as foor/service has been great. Later today Holli has a massage appointment while I will b attending the Matrid's wine tasting. I also plan to hit the gym for a workout.

Hope All Are Well......:):):)

Bob

Bob,

Enjoy that colder weather now as it has been over 100 degrees for a day or so all over S. Ca. Hopefully by the time you are home, it will all be over. We have been very fortunate in that there was only one major fire and that was yesterday in La Habra. It was not too far from where I live.

You never did tell us how the first formal night went. Was there anything spectacular on the menu ? And most importantly did your tux fit?

Enjoy yourself and keep those updates coming .

This morning , I had what I hope is a one time occurrence of less than stellar service while enjoying breakfast in Sabatini's. I ordered my usual Eggs Benedict while Holli got some cereal and a fruit plate. Holli got her food fairly quickly while I waited over 30 minutes for my food. The dish arrived somewhat lukewarm and my side order didn't arrive for another 15 minutes. When I did finally arrive, the waiter tried to serve it to Holli. One other thing about the server. He never came by once to see if I wanted another cup of coffee. Finally, when I brought this attention of the headwaiter, he seemed rather aloof and had "I can't be bothered with your problems" attitude. I sure am hoping this was a one time thing because inthe past breakfasts I have always had the best experience.....

Bob

Not acceptable! Hope they are reading this! :(

Hi Bob,

Marla and I just wanted to say hi and hope you have a great cruise. We did the same cruise last year on the Ruby Princess. You have already had more rough seas than we had on our entire cruise - - - so we'll all hope for calm seas from here on. Sorry to hear you stayed aboard in Lerwick. We really enjoyed that stop, but you can do it next year.

Last year we made two of the three Iceland stops - - losing one to winds (our one weather day), but we really enjoyed both Akureyri and Reykjavik. Our stop in Canada was good, too.

Enjoy Sabbatini's - - - the best part of Suite life for me.

Hi to Holli.

Bob, I afraid that you have more patience than me. I usually never complain but give the situation you described I would have gone to the director of customer relations or the hotel manager and made a major stink especially paying for a suite. No one should take bad service as normal....an increasing problem in the U.S. and a few firings helps morale tremendously. As I understand it Princess has low tolerance for incompetence but the two may have been reaching the end of their "contracts" and moving on......let's hope so. Mike

Bob

Bob, as you know my middle name is Sabatini's. If the Maitre'd on any of the ships I've sailed (7 and eaten in Sabs almost 50 times) had asked me "How can we improve the breakfast service, sir" my answer would have been "You can't-now I'd like another cappuccino per favore"

So your experience today was totally unexpected-and can't be excused, lest it be considered "within the parameters" of good service. A quiet word to the Maitre' d

(when you find him) could set matters right for your future breakfasts (and every other suite passenger's).

It's really beyond the norm and I am so shocked I am going to have to pour myself a stiff cocktail....

Let us know tomorrow...I imagine a profuse apology at least is coming your way and a return to the service that Sabatini's is known for.

Norris

Good evening from the Caribbean Princess. 2315 local time. Holli & I just returned from picking up some Swarovski, that we had pre-purchased, after a wonderful late seating traditional meal in the Palm dining room. Our waitstaff has been excellent to this point. Tonight our head waiter surprised us when he told us that Escargot was available as an appetizer. Last night several of our table had expressed an interest of when it would be available. The food also, along with the service was excellent.

Tomorrow Holli & I have a ship based excursion planned to do some whale watching. Biggest plus about tomorrow is we get an hour back tonight.

Today's entertainment consisted of piano melodies in the Piazza with Jan Gulbicki at 1300, guitar and vocal entertainment with Jumari at 1400, Skyfall on Mutts at 1500, Jumari in the Piazza at 1600, piano melodies wit Jan Gulbicki at 1700, relaxing melodies with the Souvenir trio at 1800, Furious 7 on Mutts T 1915 & 2200, the Souvenir trio again in the Piazza at 2100, and Tommy McPhee on the Pianno in Crooners from 2145 till closing.

Hope all are doing well.....:):):)

Bob

Good morning from Akureyri Iceland (0630 local time).. We just tied up along the pier. The harbor area is very picturesque. There are several hill tops that are covered with snow. Today Holli & I are scheduled to take a ship based whale watching excursion at 0900. There is an hour drive to the area where we will board the whale watching boat to begin our excursion. Right now the temperature is 55 degrees with a little wind. The forecast for today is a high of 55 degrees (according to weather dot com. It's looking like it will be a pleasant day with the weather cooperating. I am looking forward to a great excursion. Seas last night were, for the most part calm. I had no trouble sleeping. The extra hour we got back was also nice to get a good night's sleep to be ready for our excursion.

Hope All Are Well.....:):):)

Bob

Good evening from the Caribbean Princess. We just returned on board after a wonderful whale watching excursion that originated in the town of Husavik. Prior to the whale watching excursion we made a photo stop at the Godafoss waterfall. This was truly an amazing sight to see. The whale watching excursion was very interesting. We saw a number of whales. We also got a little wet throughout the entire day.

When we returned to the ship, the Captain informed us that we would be leaving an hour lhigh winds just outside the harbor.

Tonight’s entertainment offerings include Relaxing Melodies with the Souvenir in the Piazza at 1700, at 1800, Jan Gulbicki takes over in the Piazza with Piano Melodies. Guitar and Vocal entertainment in Explorers at 1930. In the Wheelhouse the Alphard Duo performs from 1945 to 2030. At 2000 and 2130 2 Trux will be performing acrobatics and comedy. Jan Gulbicki again performs in the Piazza from 2015 to 2115. Tommy McPhee is in Crooners from 2130 till closing.

Hope all are having a great day.....:):):)

Bob

Good evening from the Caribbean Princess. We just returned on board after a wonderful whale watching excursion that originated in the town of Husavik. Prior to the whale watching excursion we made a photo stop at the Godafoss waterfall. This was truly an amazing sight to see. The whale watching excursion was very interesting. We saw a number of whales. We also got a little wet throughout the entire day.

When we returned to the ship, the Captain informed us that we would be leaving an hour lhigh winds just outside the harbor.

Tonight’s entertainment offerings include Relaxing Melodies with the Souvenir in the Piazza at 1700, at 1800, Jan Gulbicki takes over in the Piazza with Piano Melodies. Guitar and Vocal entertainment in Explorers at 1930. In the Wheelhouse the Alphard Duo performs from 1945 to 2030. At 2000 and 2130 2 Trux will be performing acrobatics and comedy. Jan Gulbicki again performs in the Piazza from 2015 to 2115. Tommy McPhee is in Crooners from 2130 till closing.

Hope all are having a great day.....:):):)

Bob

Here's what the CB looks like in Akureyri to the rest of the world

DSC04148_zpswcx3ofgc.jpg

a blurry post card ! :) :D

Here's what the CB looks like in Akureyri to the rest of the world

DSC04148_zpswcx3ofgc.jpg

a blurry post card ! :) :D

Bob,

Iceland is truly a magical place. We were there a few years ago, doing the all-day Golden Circle Tour out of Reykavik. We were there in the fall (late September), and the colors were changing. It was incredible. The terrain is unlike anything we had ever seen. Glad you are having such a wonderful time. Looking forward to joining you next year. Also, wish we could have some of the 55 degree weather here in Texas.

I know we are all enjoying your wonderful travelogue.

Good morning from the Caribbean Princess. It is just before 0700 and we are just anchoring off of Isafjordur Iceland. Today, we are scheduled to participate in a ship based excursion that involves touring a fjord and glacier area. Best part is the tour does not leave until 1230 so Holli will have a chance to catch up on some rest.

Right now I'm giving the Horizon Court a try for breakfast. Normally I shy away from the HC due to a number of less than stellar experiences on previous cruises. I have to admit that I am presently surprised by the quality and temps of the hot food. Hats off to the CB's culinary staff.

Hope All Are Well.....:):):)

Bob[/]