Live From the Caribbean Princess Iceland & Norway Explorer Sept. 5th 2015

Woobstr112G

Hi Bob (and Holli):

My weather app is showing London weather clear, highs low-mid 60s, for the week. Same for Southampton. Good thing because we are spending the week in the Cotswolds, See you on board Sat. This will be the 3rd TA we have cruised together.

Pam and Ira

We will be in London for a pre-cruise stay a year from now! Subscribing so I won't miss any posts. Thanks!

Bob, I was so excited to see that you will be posting a live review. DH and I are joining you and Holli next year on this TA. Excited to see pictures and hear about everything.

We will look forward to reading your live posting. We'll be on our first Princess sailing next yr on the Caribbean Princess. We're sailing on the 29nt beginning August 24th which includes the TA. We're looking forward to hearing all about your adventures and the ship.

Lynn

Good morning all. Well as expected, I got about three hours of sleep before I woke up. With what's ahead today:)/ I'm up for the duration so it's a pot of coffee and my macbook Pro. 19 1/2 hours till take off.....:):):)

Hope all are well

Bob

Have a safe trip. :)

Thanks Keith. It's been a long 536 days since I originally booked the cruise.

Hi Bob (and Holli):

My weather app is showing London weather clear, highs low-mid 60s, for the week. Same for Southampton. Good thing because we are spending the week in the Cotswolds, See you on board Sat. This will be the 3rd TA we have cruised together.

Pam and Ira

Pam & Ira;

Safe travels to the ship. It will be great to sail with you again. See you at the Meet and Greet.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

We will look forward to reading your live posting. We'll be on our first Princess sailing next yr on the Caribbean Princess. We're sailing on the 29nt beginning August 24th which includes the TA. We're looking forward to hearing all about your adventures and the ship.

Lynn

Lynn;

I will try and post as much as I can during the pre cruise stay in London and the cruise itself. On a side note I am also doing next year's T/A on the CB. I assume you are on the b2b roll call for next year's cruise. I welcome you to join the T/A only portion r/c. Send me an email (CB2016 link at the bottom of my signature) with your information and I'll send you an access invite to the spreadsheet. IF you can get it to me today, I can get the invite out. Otherwise, I'll send it when I get home.....:):):)

Bob

Good morning all. Well as expected, I got about three hours of sleep before I woke up. With what's ahead today:)/ I'm up for the duration so it's a pot of coffee and my macbook Pro. 19 1/2 hours till take off.....:):):)

Hope all are well

Bob

Bob, wishing you safe travels. Your trip sounds wonderful. We sailed a similar itinerary in 2013, but missed Iceland, Belfast, and Greenland because of a "massive North Sea storm". I wish you better luck than we had.

We sailed with you on the 2009 Ruby TA - our first TA, and a great cruise.

I don't envy your long travel day to London! :eek:

Hope all are well

Bob

Perhaps you will be able to sleep on the plane over to London then with so little sleep last night. Safe travels to you both.

Perhaps you will be able to sleep on the plane over to London then with so little sleep last night. Safe travels to you both.

Ann;

Thanks for the safe travel wishes. If I slep on the plane' date=' then I'd miss out onall those Upper Class amenities.....:D:D:D

Bob[/size']

Sue;

Are you on Princess? We are doing the same itinerary next year (not exactly the same) also on the CB.....:):):)

Bob

Hi Bob,

We are on Seabourn next year. We have been on a couple of cruises with them, not the cheapest but exceptionally good. I am sorry we won't get the chance to cruise with you next year, we really enjoyed your company and have wonderful memories of our group lunch together on the Italian coast!!!

Sue

Hi Bob,

We are on Seabourn next year. We have been on a couple of cruises with them, not the cheapest but exceptionally good. I am sorry we won't get the chance to cruise with you next year, we really enjoyed your company and have wonderful memories of our group lunch together on the Italian coast!!!

Sue

Sue;

Seabourn is ocket list after I retire. I want to sail them at least once......:):):)

Bob

I'm going stir crazy waiting for the limo. Still have 2 1/2 hours to go.....:eek:

Bob

Have a fantastic cruise Bob and Holli , we're sorry that we didn't get to meet you in person . Enjoy your cruise , take lots of photos , and thank you for all your tireless work and setting up this thread . We'll be watching ! And keep an eye ( ot two ) on Mic ;)

Pat and Joe :) :D

Have a fantastic cruise Bob and Holli , we're sorry that we didn't get to meet you in person . Enjoy your cruise , take lots of photos , and thank you for all your tireless work and setting up this thread . We'll be watching ! And keep an eye ( ot two ) on Mic ;)

Pat and Joe :) :D

Pat & Joe;

I'll take a ton of pictures. They won't be as good as the ones you guys take.....:):):)

Bob

Hey Bob,

We cruised on the inaugural Royal T/A with you. Here's a couple of our favorite London pubs. The Albert at 52 Victoria St. and The Red Lion at 2 Duke of York St. These are near The Mall/ Buckingham palace/Westminster Abbey. The Albert is huge and welcoming while The Red Lion is small and cozy with lots of intricately etched glass and good pub fare. There are at least 3 Red Lion pubs in the area. If you google it, it is the one that says etched glass. Hope you have a great time in London and on your cruise. Bon Voyage!

Harry

Dear Bob,

Wishing you and your DW a wonderful cruise. We will be joining you next year on the same cruise (you have us included in your wonderful spreadsheet for M&G and other festivities).

Next year, we also plan on going in about a week early to have fun in London. We have been there before and love the city. If you are a fan of theatre, you will be in heaven going to the West End and enjoying all it has to offer.

I am sure you have done your "homework" and have many fun things planned. I would say our two favorite sights were Westminster Abbey and The Tower of London (you've got to see those jewels!!). A nice day trip is taking the train to Greenwich.

Again, have a wonderful time. I know we all look forward to hearing about your adventures and seeing your marvelous pictures.

Safe travels.

Dear Bob,

Wishing you and your DW a wonderful cruise. We will be joining you next year on the same cruise (you have us included in your wonderful spreadsheet for M&G and other festivities).

Next year, we also plan on going in about a week early to have fun in London. We have been there before and love the city. If you are a fan of theatre, you will be in heaven going to the West End and enjoying all it has to offer.

I am sure you have done your "homework" and have many fun things planned. I would say our two favorite sights were Westminster Abbey and The Tower of London (you've got to see those jewels!!). A nice day trip is taking the train to Greenwich.

Again, have a wonderful time. I know we all look forward to hearing about your adventures and seeing your marvelous pictures.

Safe travels.

I'm on this cruise with Bob and Holli, and very interested to hear you mention the day trip to Greenwich. We are thinking of doing that this week. Thanks for the recommendation:)

Hi Bob

Any reason you are doing the cruise next year.

yours Shogun

Hi Shogun. The itinerary isn't exactly the same. They took out St. Jons and Halifax on the back end and added Boston before the Big Apple. On the front end, they added Flaam and Rotterdam. Added bonus is the whole itinerary is a day longer than this year's cruise. Biggest reason though is I wanted to treat Holli to the Grand Suite. To do that, I had to book it while I was still working and able to work overtime to pay for it. When I retire (maybe 2017) there won't be anymore overtime and we'll have to change the way we cruise.....:):):)

Bob