Spending a night on the Ruby Princess

PCWalton1

I finally took the plunge when the market did it's own plunge last week. Just waiting for my August month-end statement to post online and I will be getting that fax off to Santa Claus, er Clara.

Sorry to go off the rails here, but.......how much OBC credit do you receive for 100 shares? Thanks!

Cheers,

Alison

I finally took the plunge when the market did it's own plunge last week. Just waiting for my August month-end statement to post online and I will be getting that fax off to Santa Claus, er Clara.

Yikes!!! Market plunged again today and CCL closed at 47.77, a little below what I paid last week (I was already up some). Oh well, it's the long term that matters. And each $100 OBC is paying me back better than 2 shares at a time.

49 more cruises and I will be playing with house money. :D

We always arrive around 10:30 and boarding starts around Noon.

Porters will start taking bags around 9:30.

Since both the Crown and the Ruby are sold out for all of the remaining Alaska cruises, the ships will be full and that means about 3300-3400 passengers will be debarking. They will probably begin allowing people upstairs to go through security and check-in about 10:00-10:15am. Boarding of the ships normally starts about 11:30am.

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers

Yikes!!! Market plunged again today and CCL closed at 47.77, a little below what I paid last week (I was already up some). Oh well, it's the long term that matters. And each $100 OBC is paying me back better than 2 shares at a time.

49 more cruises and I will be playing with house money. :D

Sounds like you will be having a lot of fun working towards playing with house money! :D

Hi,

I have another question. I saw pictures of a recent cruise and during the muster drill the people were wearing the life jackets. Do we actually wear them? Sorry for asking but I am use to Royal which they do not. Do we pick them up in the cabin?

thanks

Hi,

I have another question. I saw pictures of a recent cruise and during the muster drill the people were wearing the life jackets. Do we actually wear them? Sorry for asking but I am use to Royal which they do not. Do we pick them up in the cabin?

thanks

They tell you to bring them along to muster. Then they give the talk and then ask you to put them on. You can take them off again right away.

Hi,

thanks

Yes, you bring them from your cabin.

As PCWalton1 said above, you do put them on after the muster drill demonstration.

This way everyone better knows what to do in an emergency. During the muster drill, many people initially do not put them on correctly.

On RCI, not only do people not practice putting them on, but most people do not even see the demonstration of how to put them on as they are standing out on deck behind taller people between them and the demo.

Serious? I have to go back to the cabin and get the life jackets? Isn't that special. :rolleyes:

Yes, one of the joys of cruising. There was a time last year where some ships weren't requiring people to bring the jacket, but I think that disappeared. I usually pick up the life jacket later after lunch and then lug it around with me until muster. Well, I "lug" it to Crooners where I sit and wait for muster time. :)

Serious? I have to go back to the cabin and get the life jackets? Isn't that special. :rolleyes:

That isn't too bad...it is the struggle to get it back to the cabin, after muster, that I don't look forward to! 😉

Just like in a real emergency. Go to cabin, get life jacket, go to muster area.

Actually on Royal they tell you if you are near the muster station you just go there as they have another set of life jackets in lockers at the station.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

And assuming you like the Princess product (as we all do :D), don't forget sign up for FCC's at the on board future cruise sales desk. There will be forms and a place to drop them.

The forms are now available in the personalizer so you can get on board with them already filled out.

Actually on Royal they tell you if you are near the muster station you just go there as they have another set of life jackets in lockers at the station.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Thats great for those who sail Royal......

Not on Princess, and I don't have an issue going back to get it.

Princess has been doing this for a long time.

Princess also can provide a life jacket if you are unable to go to your cabin in an emergency.

However, if you can go to your cabin Princess advises you also gather your medicines and a jacket to keep you warm in the unlikely event that it is necessary to abandon ship.

However, if you can go to your cabin Princess advises you also gather your medicines and a jacket to keep you warm in the unlikely event that it is necessary to abandon ship.

In the announcement on the Ruby this past weekend, they also included a head covering which I don't remember hearing about in April when we were on the Ruby

Edited by Tweedy

I posted this on the roll call too. We had a wonderful time, thank for all your advice.

We had a great time on the ship. The mini suite was very spacious. On Royal we have had junior suites but these are much nicer, especially the layout. Check out the show on the TV.

21204301249_79c1b80042_c.jpg

20768511184_a0b19429d7_c.jpg

I don't know the age of the ship but it looks to be very well maintained.

21392221985_dd09feb983_c.jpg

21365979196_fd5503c2fd_c.jpg

21366033346_b669592da9_c.jpg

Sail away was grey but at least it was not raining.

21369419886_262b59a4f6_c.jpg

All in all an ejoyable 20 hours. We arrived about 12 noon and no line to get checked in and just a short one to board.

We dropped our bag at the cabin and went to deck 15 to have lunch. very short line and no problem finding a table.

Muster drill was tedious but aren't they all?

We had dinner at Crown Grill. Marie had prawns for appetizer and prawns for main course. I tried the scallops and french onion soup for appetizer and the rib eye steak for main course. A very enjoyable meal with good service.

Later we stopped at one of the lounges for drinks and music then headed to the cabin.

In the morning we hit the buffet about 7 for breakfast, once again no line. We were supposed to meet at Club Fusion at 8:15 for disembarking but as we arrived they just had us head right off. No line getting off the ship. I am not sure how many passengers were on board but I doubt it was full.

We had book a car through Alamo to get us back home. They have a desk right there at Canada Place. We were out of the building much earlier than we figured and were home in south Seattle by noon. Did even have to wait for any cars at the border.

Just a tip if you are ever needing transportation after a cruise from Vancouver to Seattle. The rental car at Alamo ended up costing me $52 US with another $12 US for gas. If you do not mind driving it is a great way to go.

...We had book a car through Alamo to get us back home. They have a desk right there at Canada Place...Just a tip if you are ever needing transportation after a cruise from Vancouver to Seattle. The rental car at Alamo ended up costing me $52 US with another $12 US for gas. If you do not mind driving it is a great way to go.

Thanks for the review and pics! Good to know about Alamo at Canada Place. Do they have the rental cars right there, or do they have to shuttle you to the airport or someplace else offsite?

Thanks for the review and pics! Good to know about Alamo at Canada Place. Do they have the rental cars right there, or do they have to shuttle you to the airport or someplace else offsite?

Right there, you just take an elevator down two floors. At the desk they give you written instructions on how to get to the area where there cars are. Once you get down to that floor there are people to help you find the car.