Price increase on a "regular" drink ?

What a diplomatic response. :rolleyes:

You noticed too, huh? Methinks the user name is an oxymoron.

I am blown away by the cost of drinks these days, both on land and on cruises. It does vary by location, too. Michigan restaurant drink prices are about 2/3 of what I pay in CA, and cruise prices are about 1/3 more than CA.

Alright, fine. Explain how .33 cents x 9 nights at sea goes from either $57 or $59 to $72? Show your work, please.

Can't explain how a soda package would have been either $57 or $59 on a US based 9 night cruise. A few months ago, before the gratuity increase, it would have been $6.50 plus 15% = $67.23. With the gratuity increase it would have been $6.50 plus 18% = $69.

Can't explain how a soda package would have been either $57 or $59 on a US based 9 night cruise. A few months ago, before the gratuity increase, it would have been $6.50 plus 15% = $67.23. With the gratuity increase it would have been $6.50 plus 18% = $69.

I can. You are wrong.

I don't trust RCCL far, but I trust them not to undercharge me and only me by 15% or 18% for no reason. Leads me to believe that their policy was 6.50 pppd total. It also wasn't just the soda package. All the packages went up by at least $1.50pppd.

Edited by Diplomacy

I can. You are wrong.

I don't trust RCCL far, but I trust them not to undercharge me and only me by 15% or 18% for no reason. Leads me to believe that their policy was 6.50 pppd total. It also wasn't just the soda package. All the packages went up by at least $1.50pppd.

It's never been $6.50 total. Gratuities have always been added to it.

I can. You are wrong.

Pulled out folio from 9/21/14, 7 night Freedom of the Seas.

Beverage Packs - $52.33

Divide by 7 = $7.48

$6.50 x 1.15 = $7.48

Maybe you got confused with the math. You're not using common core techniques are you. :eek::sly:

Just added Royal Refreshment Pkg to Oct 11 Freedom sailing. $8 and according to Website, this includes gratuities

Gratuity has already been included in the price of each package.

Please note: Orders cannot be modified once they're added to your shopping cart. To change an order, you'll need to first cancel the order, and then make your purchase(s) again.

Difference is $.52

Slightly higher than Bob's $.33, but the gratuity has increased from 15% to 18%

Did the math, $6.78 x 1.18 = $8.00

so the increase is actually 28 cents plus same additional tip

As Always, YMMV

Edited by John&LaLa
verified current charge

• 4 weeks later...

A "regular drink" Absolute Vodka and Soda ran me $10.50 total from the Sky Bar at sail away on the navigator on Oct 4.

We purchased the premium package on the final day, day four. Because our port stops were at the front of our itinerary and our sea days at the end, we decided to wait and get the pro rated package price on the last day the packages were offered. I can say that we came out way ahead doing it this way.

Working in AU$ I have to put a multiplier of 1.4 to adjust for currency.

The high per drink prices definitely do push you, for me it's in the direction of avoiding alcohol for the cruise. I do like a drink and prefer quality rather than quantity, so the Drink Packages do not hold much appeal. There would be many days where I would not feel like a drink anyway. Buying individual drinks at their huge mark ups will make me avoid buying them. While I can afford them I know that the feeling of being ripped off would drastically reduce my enjoyment. I know it's psychological and it would taste just the same, but I also know I do not need it.

Working in AU$ I have to put a multiplier of 1.4 to adjust for currency.

The high per drink prices definitely do push you, for me it's in the direction of avoiding alcohol for the cruise. I do like a drink and prefer quality rather than quantity, so the Drink Packages do not hold much appeal. There would be many days where I would not feel like a drink anyway. Buying individual drinks at their huge mark ups will make me avoid buying them. While I can afford them I know that the feeling of being ripped off would drastically reduce my enjoyment. I know it's psychological and it would taste just the same, but I also know I do not need it.

It's a vacation, relax and go with the flow.

I have no idea why you are responding to me. I didn't quote you

Sorry, my app only allows pictures in a reply. Didn't think it would bother you. It was merely observational

Actually, you did quote me anyway. :eek:

Edited by John&LaLa

WOW!

After reading this thread, I'm starting to think a drink package may not be such a bad idea....we drink once in a while, but....maybe we'll just not drink at all, then again, I like a binge night at least once on a cruise! Decisions decisions!

By the way, I asked my favorite server what the price of my usual Ketel 1 and soda would be and she said $9.44 with tip. That is about a buck higher than my last cruise.

I think they are really looking to sell more packages.

• 2 months later...

So, just back from Majesty. Price of a ketel one or stoli anything is now over $11 with tip. Used to be $8 and change. Like last spring. And then had gone up about a buck. So I bought one and immediately bought the package.

Edited by MattInFLL