Bringing soda onboard?

jarand

You can buy one bottle of water from Princess. Once it is empty, the same problem will exist.

Where is the best place to refill a water bottle?

Is the water from the bathroom sink faucet potable?

I have to have a bottle of water on the nightstand overnight for when my mouth gets dry.

Edited by Alaska05

Where is the best place to refill a water bottle?

Is the water from the bathroom sink faucet potable?

I have to have a bottle of water on the nightstand overnight for when my mouth gets dry.

The water in your stateroom is fine. It is straight from the ship's water purification system. It is the same water they use in the kitchen, serve in the dining room, and comes out of the spout in the buffet. Fill your bottle in your stateroom.

The water in your stateroom is fine. It is straight from the ship's water purification system. It is the same water they use in the kitchen, serve in the dining room, and comes out of the spout in the buffet. Fill your bottle in your stateroom.

That's exactly what we have been doing for more cruises than I can count. We each bring a good water bottle (ours are stainless steel) and load it up with ice and water from the ship. We have Contigo bottles and the ice remains more than 12 hours. They were $20 for 2 at Costco so they paid for themselves quickly compared to buying bottled water and having water as cold at the end of a long excursion as it was at the beginning is wonderful.

Edited by capriccio

We are doing the world this year, and I am a diet pepsi person. Do you think we can bring on soda in San Pedro, and repeat it, the same amounts, in Honolulu 5 days later? I think we can bring on 24 cans apiece each time. That would last me a bit. Heck in Honolulu maybe bring it on twice?

We are doing the world this year, and I am a diet pepsi person. Do you think we can bring on soda in San Pedro, and repeat it, the same amounts, in Honolulu 5 days later? I think we can bring on 24 cans apiece each time. That would last me a bit. Heck in Honolulu maybe bring it on twice?

Carnival allows 12 cans of soda but whenever Princess enforces the statement in the Cruise Answer Book it states that no bottled or canned sodas will be allowed.

I believe it starts January 2016, so if your cruise is before then, your good to go.

I understand about the water system. Just have a personal issue with taking the water from the bathroom sink. How do you sanitize the faucet? I'm serious. Same issue I have with filling the bottle at the water station in Horizon Court. Have seen too many people who do it improperly.

I believe world cruises start in January, so you're probably out of luck. No sodas, no bottled water and no cans. It's possible that Princess will change its mind.

If by "this year" you mean 2015, then no problem.

The new policy is said to be starting Jan. 1, 2016.

Does anyone have any experience in the past 30-60days with bringing water or bottled soda onboard? We usually bring a case of water and check it with a baggage tag and a few bottles of our favorite sodas in our luggage, its been a year since we've cruised, but have never had an issue before and really don't want to have an issue at the start of our vacation. Thoughts from a recent cruiser???:confused:

I understand about the water system. Just have a personal issue with taking the water from the bathroom sink. How do you sanitize the faucet? I'm serious. Same issue I have with filling the bottle at the water station in Horizon Court. Have seen too many people who do it improperly.

On Amazon you can get some super Clorox wipes that contain hydrogen peroxide. I always give surfaces in the cabin a good wipe down when we board. You could do the faucet with that.

If by "this year" you mean 2015, then no problem.

The new policy is said to be starting Jan. 1, 2016.

Oh poo. And I was trying to get away from aspartame too. Diet Pepsi uses sucralose now. Wonder if a doctors note would help.

On Amazon you can get some super Clorox wipes that contain hydrogen peroxide. I always give surfaces in the cabin a good wipe down when we board. You could do the faucet with that.

I do the same thing, but with WetOnes which are far more (but not enough) effective than Clorox wipes. You need a sanitizer with Chloride, which strangely enough, Clorox doesn't contain.

That's not my problem. It is the spigot. You can't, very effectively, wipe down the spigot without taking it apart. I could always refill my water bottle at the dining room table. That is probably the safest "untouched/uncontaminated" surface. I know, just paranoid. It would just be easier for me to bring my own salt free bottles of water.

I just talked to someone at Princess who said the policy hasn't changed after all, and whoever confirmed it was official on January 1 basically made that up because it hasn't been stated anywhere. She said they're in the process of fixing the mistake in the Cruise Answer book.

I just talked to someone at Princess who said the policy hasn't changed after all, and whoever confirmed it was official on January 1 basically made that up because it hasn't been stated anywhere. She said they're in the process of fixing the mistake in the Cruise Answer book.

Who did you talk to at Princess? Unless it's a corporate honcho, I have tremendous doubts.

I doubt it was a "mistake" in the Cruise Answer Book. There had been no verbiage regarding water or soda in any Princess printed or online information. That had to be specifically composed and added. If it was a "mistake" I bet it was intentionally made to test the waters.

I doubt it was a "mistake" in the Cruise Answer Book. There had been no verbiage regarding water or soda in any Princess printed or online information. That had to be specifically composed and added. If it was a "mistake" I bet it was intentionally made to test the waters.

Quote response received on Princess FB:

Hi Bruce, a recent revision of the Cruise Answer Book incorrectly stated the policy for bringing soda and water onboard, and we apologize for any confusion this may have caused. At this time, no changes have been made. We will be sure to advise our guests if these policies do change.

I think you're right!

I'm sure your right, but that seems to be the "corporate" answer.

I am also skeptical about it being a mistake because Customer Relations told me 2 weeks ago they'd callback with an answer about whether it's a preview or a mistake. They've previously replied within a couple of days & their silence is an indication to me that they want to keep it a secret.