Regent - if you are reading, we need a "Mike Moore"

Travelcat2

Apologies I missed those two questions. Travelcat2's (and subsequently Sunprince) question does not have an answer and yes, the image is correct for a Concierge suite.

Sometimes I really have to wonder why I bother to post on this forum with a response such as this. Or perhaps I am foolish to believe that the majority of questions in life do have actual answers. This one "answer" from a PCH representative says a lot in terms of customer service from a social media perspective!

Probably the angle, but we've found that liquor on Regent is provided in liter/quart bottles rather than the more common 750ml/0.75 qt bottles we typically encounter in liquor stores at home...so it always seems large!

Not any more :(

On Mariner last week and our gin was delivered in a 70cl bottle :eek:

Mr Moore, we are sailing Dubai to Cape Town and our excursion in Goa is not showing in booked excursions in My Account. The agent says they see it as booked. Any reason it doesn't show up for us?

Also one of our excursions in Durban has been cancelled but the website is still showing that the Smithsonian lecturer is still accompanying the tour. You may want to change it ( Howick Falls and Ardmore Ceramics).

I have a question for you regarding the Dubai to Cape Town cruise. We were scheduled for the Howick Falls and Ardmore Ceramics excursion which we were notified last week has been canceled for operational reasons. However, as has been mentioned on an earlier post, the same excursion is now listed as a premier excursion to be lead by the Smithsonian lecturer.

Can you please find out if this excursion has indeed been changed to a premium excursion and how does one sign up for it?

Thank you for your assistance

gnomie :)

Another update for you all - the tours in Goa are back. :) Some of them are on Wait List, but you can add those to your reservation should they become available later. Apologies for the confusion!

http://www.rssc.com/cruises/VOY151121/activities/regent-choice-plus-free/day-8/default/default.aspx

• 1 month later...

Hi Mike,

Not sure what is going on with the Regent website. We booked a cruise (Voyager - 2/20/2017 - Singapore to Hong Kong). In one place it says that the pre-cruise extension to Angkor Wat is included and in another it costs approximately $1,700.

Tonight we looked at the Explorer crossing (March, 2017) and it showed one price for a Grand Suite. When we went into the "Plan my Cruise" section, the total for two persons was about $2K different than on the first page.

Is Regent trying to confuse us or ????????

Jackie

Edited by Travelcat2

Hi Jackie - I looked at the Explorer voyage you are referencing, and can't replicate the problem. On the regular page and within Plan My Cruise, the price was $14,299 per guest in both. If you would like to send me an email with screen shots of what you are seeing for both problems, I'll be happy to look into it for you. I am traveling this week, so if I respond a little slower than normal, that's why. mmoore@rssc.com.

Hi Jackie - I looked at the Explorer voyage you are referencing, and can't replicate the problem. On the regular page and within Plan My Cruise, the price was $14,299 per guest in both. If you would like to send me an email with screen shots of what you are seeing for both problems, I'll be happy to look into it for you. I am traveling this week, so if I respond a little slower than normal, that's why. mmoore@rssc.com.

Thank you for responding. I went back to the website the realized that I was mistaken last night regarding the Explorer. Not certain what I did wrong.

I double checked the discrepancy on the February 20th Voyager cruise (2017) and it still exists. I emailed my TA and they are looking into it. Safe travels this week:)

Edited by Travelcat2

Okay, this may be a website question, or it may not...but the itinerary was changed on our July 2016 Navigator sailing. It was originally Barcelona to Istanbul, now it's finishing up in Haifa. The whole itinerary changed, actually. Which leads me to my question - one of the listed excursions in Rome was:

A PAPAL AUDIENCE AT THE VATICAN

DURATION: 10 1/2 HOURS

TOUR CODE: CIV-024

Our scheduled date in Rome changed from July 17th to the 16th. I was under the impression that this particular excursion was only offered on Wednesdays and Sundays. With our arrival in Rome being a Tuesday now, is this excursion a no-go and the website wasn't updated or was I misinformed about the available dates? I'd be thrilled if this excursion was still on the table...

Thanks.

Bill

Weird specific question for Explorer. We've booked PHa 917 and on deck plan the square-within-the-cabin is quite different in size/shape from other PHa's. Since the one across hall is identical and labeled handicap accessible, is it possible that 917 is also a handicap suite and simply mislabeled? Or am I reading too much into the the little squares I see?

Many thanks. First time Regent person here...

Okay, this may be a website question, or it may not...but the itinerary was changed on our July 2016 Navigator sailing. It was originally Barcelona to Istanbul, now it's finishing up in Haifa. The whole itinerary changed, actually. Which leads me to my question - one of the listed excursions in Rome was:

Our scheduled date in Rome changed from July 17th to the 16th. I was under the impression that this particular excursion was only offered on Wednesdays and Sundays. With our arrival in Rome being a Tuesday now, is this excursion a no-go and the website wasn't updated or was I misinformed about the available dates? I'd be thrilled if this excursion was still on the table...

Thanks.

Bill

Hi Bill - the excursions showing are what we have historically done in the past - not what tours are actually being offered on this particular sailing, as those haven't been announced. You can tell as there is a message above the legend of icons that states: "As shore excursions to be offered in this port are not yet confirmed, below is a list of those offered previously. We make every effort to have excursions finalized at least 240 days in advance of sailing, and often sooner, so please check back regularly."

Once the actual excursions happening have been determined, that message will change to: "The following Shore Excursions are available for this port on this cruise..."

Weird specific question for Explorer. We've booked PHa 917 and on deck plan the square-within-the-cabin is quite different in size/shape from other PHa's. Since the one across hall is identical and labeled handicap accessible, is it possible that 917 is also a handicap suite and simply mislabeled? Or am I reading too much into the the little squares I see?

Many thanks. First time Regent person here...

In this case, you are reading too much into the little squares. 917 and 915 right next door will be identical suites.

Hi Bill - the excursions showing are what we have historically done in the past - not what tours are actually being offered on this particular sailing, as those haven't been announced. You can tell as there is a message above the legend of icons that states: "As shore excursions to be offered in this port are not yet confirmed, below is a list of those offered previously. We make every effort to have excursions finalized at least 240 days in advance of sailing, and often sooner, so please check back regularly."

Once the actual excursions happening have been determined, that message will change to: "The following Shore Excursions are available for this port on this cruise..."

Mike, thanks. I was just checking because, well, Saturday will be our 240 day mark and it sure would be nice to be able to book excursions! :D

Thanks.

Bill

Must say I was stunned to see this offered as an "excursion". Wow, seems like things at Vatican City are becoming more and more commercialized. I doubt the Vatican will be offering a Papal Audience on Saturday to accommodate Regent's change of plans. By the way, as far as I know (unless things have changed in the last year or two), Papal audiences are just done on Wednesdays. On Sundays what takes place is the Papal blessing in St Peter's square and that's open to anybody, no tickets are required.

Must say I was stunned to see this offered as an "excursion". Wow, seems like things at Vatican City are becoming more and more commercialized. I doubt the Vatican will be offering a Papal Audience on Saturday to accommodate Regent's change of plans. By the way, as far as I know (unless things have changed in the last year or two), Papal audiences are just done on Wednesdays. On Sundays what takes place is the Papal blessing in St Peter's square and that's open to anybody, no tickets are required.

I'm pretty sure this was the standard Wednesday audience; what had changed was that there was special seating set up for people on the 'excursion' - we were originally scheduled to be in Rome on a Wednesday, our itinerary was changed to bring us in a day later, so I assumed (correctly, as it turns out) that we were out of luck and the website just hadn't been updated.

I'm pretty sure this was the standard Wednesday audience; what had changed was that there was special seating set up for people on the 'excursion' - we were originally scheduled to be in Rome on a Wednesday, our itinerary was changed to bring us in a day later, so I assumed (correctly, as it turns out) that we were out of luck and the website just hadn't been updated.

July 17th 2016 falls on a Sunday, so even if the cruise date in Rome had not changed there would not have been an audience on that day, just the Papal blessing. There is no seating on those days and no tickets are required, people just stand on St Peter's square and wait for Pope to come out a window at noon.

Edited by cruiseluv

July 17th 2016 falls on a Sunday, so even if the cruise date in Rome had not changed there would not have been an audience on that day, just the Papal blessing. There is no seating on those days and no tickets are required, people just stand on St Peter's square and wait for Pope to come out a window at noon.

Well, either we were misinformed or I misunderstood (a distinct possibility) - thank you for clearing that up!

Bill