Damaged Navigator???

cruizinbabe

My brother and his wife just returned from a Caribbean cruise this week with Princess Cruise Line. They said that they saw the Navigator of the Seas at two of their ports and that there was a big hole in the side of the ship. They said that it looked like the ship had been run into by another boat. I have never heard anything like this on the board, and I was wondering if anybody has any knowledge concerning this. They said it was pretty clear, but maybe (hopefully) they are just hallucinating?

I set sail in 3 weeks on the Navigator and hope that she is in tip-top shape, because I can't wait!

Cruise cal is a good site but is not strictly reliable. I was in Halifax last week and was excited to see the Constellation, on which we'll be sailing in January. I was near the port and noticed often that there was one more ship in port than cruise cal knew of. They seem to do great on the big lines and less well on the smaller lines so, that said, the theory that Princess and Navigator weren't in the same port likely still holds.

No problems, mon.

I was all over that ship.. If there was a problem we would have seen or heard some'ting. Only thing out of the ordinary was a Coast Guard helicopter landing on the heliport to do an emergency evacuation.

Perfect weather! Only alittle rock and roll going over to Coz in the middle of the night as we passed "under" Rita even though she was 350 miles to our north.

Let me get this straight, they saw the Navigator at TWO different ports with a hole in the side of it. Does anyone really think the ship is going to sail its itinerary from port to port with a hole in its side? And, though subjective, it is descibed as a "big" hole.

There isn't any more detective work that needs to be done on this as far as I'm concerned.

I'm glad to hear from the person that just got off that there was no damage, I don't know what they thought they saw I will have to call and question them further. I know that Cruisecal says they were probably not in port, but they left from Fort Lauderdale on last Saturday and were supposed to do Eastern CAribbean but got the whole week diverted to Eastern Caribbean. They stopped in all of the ports in the same order as the Navigator (except for Princess Cay instead of Labadee) so I am thinking that the Cruisecal is probably wrong in this case. I appreciate people looking into it, they must have been mistaken.

I know that it sounds inconceivable for there to be a big hole in the ship, but I was just going off what I heard. It very possibly could have been the cargo door opened or something. Thanks for your help.

We were in Grand Cayman on Wed. with the Caribbean Princess that had been diverted from it's EC itinerary. Since Grand Cayman is a tender port, perhaps what they saw was the openings used to embark/disembark passengers. In Jamaica we were docked with the Carnival Imagination and there were no other ships in port during our day in Cozumel.

Hope that eases your mind.

Patty

No problems, mon.

I was all over that ship.. If there was a problem we would have seen or heard some'ting. Only thing out of the ordinary was a Coast Guard helicopter landing on the heliport to do an emergency evacuation.

Perfect weather! Only alittle rock and roll going over to Coz in the middle of the night as we passed "under" Rita even though she was 350 miles to our north.

You got to see a helicopter land on board?!?!??! How cool was that ???????

I just got off the Navigator of the Seas yesterday. I can assure you that there is no damage or hole in the ship.

Hope that helps.

Patty in NC

Patty how was your cruise I am going on my first cruise on the Navigator this Saturday Oct 1 and I am very excited. Like to know how your cruise went since you just returned.

Our cruise was great! Like a previous poster said, we had wonderful weather...only affect of Hurricane Rita was slight motion around Coz. and any excursions in Cozumel involving a boat (snorkeling, etc.) were cancelled because the seas were too rough for the smaller boats and Coz. closed the port to them. My son was still able to swim with the dolphins. Our waiter, Vedat from Turkey, was the best on any of our cruises. Can't say enough good things about him. We were traveling with our son and another family with 3 kids...the wait staff was tremendous with the kids. Most nights they were completely done eating before we had our salads. Then off to the kids programs and we were able to enjoy the remainder of the meal with just adults. Definitely see the ice show.

I don't want to ramble so feel free to email me at patty@allforfuncruises.com or post here if you have some specific questions.

Thanks,

Patty

The Caribbean Princess changed it port schedule for the week due to Hurricane Rita...this change was not reflected in the cruisecal website.

Actually, the change is reflected on CruiseCal. The affected days are in red.

Brian

Archived