Diamond free drink tips

All Diamond and above cruisers receive 3 drink vouchers daily on their seapass card. They can be used at any bar during diamond lounge cocktail hours........usually 5 pm - 8:30 pm. They cannot be used in the restaurants, dinning room or theater. They do not carry over from day to day.

Coupons can be used in theaters - just not in dining room. I have used in theater and ice show.

Question from 1st time Royal Caribbean cruiser but Diamond member (courtesy Celebrity).

Cruising on Legend in October and know there is a Diamond Lounge. I am travelling with another lady who is not yet Diamond so doubt I will make use of the lounge.

I see mention of 3 free drinks/drink vouchers for use outside the lounge. Is this on every cruise or just if there is no Diamond lounge. Struggling with weather to buy a drink package or not. If I am entitled to 3 complimentary drinks each day I may be wasting my money on a package.

Would appreciate some help with how the this works.

Three drinks per night. To be used anywhere except the MDR and specialty restaurants during the D lounge hours. "Officially" the same drinks as available in the D lounge; "unofficially", you may do better. A good tip the first night ($5-6 for two drinks is a LOT cheaper than $12-13 per drink/glass of wine!), and a good rapport during the cruise, can be a very good thing...

We too will tip $1-$2 per drink wherever we get them. Has anyone every run out of singles for a cruise and if so, how have you replenished these? The reason I ask is that it happened once and when I went to guest services on the Serenade it was as if I was asking for a free cruise or something. I think she gave me $20 bills and of course that doesn't last long so we were back again a couple days later for more and with a different person got a similar reaction of not wanting to give me change for my bigger bills.

thanks CC friends for all the advice!

Pursers desk will help you with that issue.

Guest Services is the same thing as the Purser's Desk.

:)

:)

On each cruise, our first trip to the Diamond Club always includes seeking out the bartenders and wait staff, introducing ourselves, and handing each an envelope with a $10 bill in it. We include the message, "We know how hard you work up here for no additional compensation. This is to thank you for taking such good care of us." Somehow we always get served quickly, irrespective of how crowded the lounge is (our last cruise had over 600 of us, and they had to convert the entire upper lounge to Diamond and above). It's not unusual for us to tip them again at the end of the cruise, especially if they're working their tails off trying to serve all those freebies to thirsty passengers.

Incidentally, nobody seems to keep track of how much we consume in the lounge ... don't remember the last time we had to present our SetSail passes to obtain a drink. It's another story outside of there ... and yes, we do tip a couple of bucks each time venues other than the Diamond Club. So for around $60 or $70 we can make those folks who serve us a little happier, without breaking the bank ... and believe me, they earn every bit of it.

Al

There are no tips added to a free drink. We always tip a dollar or two per drink.

Looking forward to my first Diamond cruise after 10 years of hard work getting there! If I am able to find room in the Diamond Lounge and stay there for a couple of drinks, do they have a tip jar there? Perhaps that would be considered gosh, but hell, I'm about to make the Diamond world really blue collar! :eek:

Looking forward to my first Diamond cruise after 10 years of hard work getting there! If I am able to find room in the Diamond Lounge and stay there for a couple of drinks, do they have a tip jar there? Perhaps that would be considered gosh, but hell, I'm about to make the Diamond world really blue collar! :eek:

Ive never seen a tip jar in a lounge but you can just hand it to the server nightly or tip at the end of the week.

I was told by somebody I trust, that they get a lump sum for the time worked, which they say is not much. We found that, before drink tickets, if you tipped a little bit for each drink, your glass never went empty no matter how busy the lounge got.

You got that right. Also there was never a limit to the number of drinks. Go to bank before leaving home and get $1 and $5 for tipping. Having worked as a cocktail waitress in a former I life I know how important tip are for good service. No good service, no good tips.

Ive never seen a tip jar in a lounge but you can just hand it to the server nightly or tip at the end of the week.

Why would I want to wait to the end of the week? Instant gratification for server makes for better service.

We reach D in the middle of our upcoming October cruise and will be able to access the DL on Adventure next March during our B2B!!:D Thanks so much for posting this info as we did not know that servers get nothing for the freebies!:o However, we do normally tip at least $1 per drink all over the ship!;) We will definitely take care of the DL staff next March! Thanks again!

A stack of ones is just part of the list of things to take on the cruise. You'll be amazed at the difference in service if you are slipping them $1 or $2 for every drink. I once had a server not only get the door to the lounge for me, but he went and got an elevator for me and made sure my floor was pressed!