Mike Pack is the absolute best CD on Carnival

RjayB

Just off the Glory 8/29-9/5.

This was my 12th Carnival cruise, and we have had some really good Cruise Directors (and some not so good, looking at you Jacques), but I have never experienced a cruise that was enhanced so much by the CD. Mike was everywhere getting involved with everything. After every show he moved the group to the main lobby and continued the party for up to 2 hours. It was truly incredible, and the most fun we have had in all our time cruising.

If you have the chance to cruise with Mike Pack, do not miss it!!:D

We completely AGREE,. Mike Pack is amazing! We were on the Glory Aug 22-29. What a hard worker and interested in every person onboard the ship.

Just an example... on the last sea day I was sitting down by the computers waiting for my DH to come down to print out our boarding passes for our flight home. Mike came walking down the hallway, spoke to everyone, high fived people, then a lady stopped him to ask a question. He answered her then asked her daughter, who was about 5-6 years old "what a lovely dress, what are the names of the sheep on your dress?" She looked at him puzzled and shrugged her shoulders. Mike got down on his knees, and said "well, we must name them! So he spoke to the little girl for 5 minutes, coming up with names for each of the sheep on her dress".

How many CDs would even notice the child, or notice her dress? How many would get down on her level to chat with her? He was obviously swamped with work but took the time to do this. I just sat and watched in amazement.

This was only ONE incident .... we saw him every day, all over the ship, interacting with people, making people smile or laugh, dancing like an idiot, or changing into wacky costumes every 5 minutes. Carnival is lucky to have him.

Edited by ABQrobin

I wonder how he compares to Matt Mitchum and Eversen? I have a hard time believing anyone is better than those two. They set the bar extremely high in my book. Maybe I'll have the chance to see for myself one day.

We have sailed with Mike and DR E and while we liked DR E thought Mike was the best we have sailed with.

Think we have sailed with Matt as well but if we did he didnt make much of an impression.

We liked Mike much better than Mitchum. Mike Pack is EVERYWHERE. The most accessible and visible CD we've experienced. We were on the Glory in July and we felt like we underpaid for entertainment. His triva in the lobby is HILARIOUS. The stairs and every vantage point to watch were filled every night to watch his antics. His sense of humor appeals to a wide variety of people. "Let's hear it for the elevators!!!!!" We still chant this at home. LOL

We met him within hours of embarkation. He just walked up to us at started a conversation. He later had my husband film with him for one of his marketing messages about the Alchemy bar. He had us ROLLING at the Hasbro Game - and we don't particularly care for that sort of show.

We've already discussed our next cruise possibly being where ever Mike is. He's seriously THAT GOOD.

Mike Pack and Jaime Dee are very close in their fun and energy levels...both awesome! Both of them also have great personalities. I haven't been on a cruise with Matt Mitchum but I, along with many others found Everson (Dr. E) to be downright annoying and hope I don't ever have to sail with him again. He loves to hear himself talk and his "good morning" song gets old quickly.

We cruised on the Glory 8/22-8/29 and also loved Mike! My husband's name is Mike and Mike Pack remembered that from day 1 and always high fived him and called him by name every time we ran into him.

We would cruise the Glory again hoping he would be our CD:)

I got excited reading your post that we would be having such a great cd on our Oct 24th cruise. Then I looked at the cd schedule and noticed that Mike is off the ship starting two weeks before we sail until after we are back home. Anyone know anything about the guy who is filling in? His name is Tyler Ryan.

Mike Pack is the BEST CD ever! I have been on 24 cruises, and have sailed with some great, good, so-so, and not so good CD's. So, I can say with authority...he is the BEST EVER! I have never laughed so hard as I did on the Valor last year. We will choose our next cruise just to have him as our cruise director. Anyone know where he will be may/june 2016?

I'm just a little confused. I am assuming that the most recent CD schedule that's posted on Heald's blog is incorrect? It has Everson on the Glory into September, yet the OP said Mike was the cruise director. I'm sailing on the Glory 11/14 and, after reading this thread, I hope Mike is the CD!

Mike is the best! Fun, energetic and mingles with the passengers! We had him on the Conquest in March and he was the asst to the CD on the Legend in 2015. We thought he stood out more than the CD on the Legend.

Glad you had a great time!

I got excited reading your post that we would be having such a great cd on our Oct 24th cruise. Then I looked at the cd schedule and noticed that Mike is off the ship starting two weeks before we sail until after we are back home. Anyone know anything about the guy who is filling in? His name is Tyler Ryan.

I was looking forward to Oct 3 sailing on Glory with CD Mike Pack. Where is this schedule you refer to? Will he still be on the Oct 3 sailing?

Thanks

I sailed with him on the Conquest last year. I liked him, but I didn't go ga-ga over him. I'm glad others seem to be more entranced with him than I was.

We got to know him early on our first cruise with him and he remembered us the second time around.

Kept running into him and had some very interesting conversations.

I have to agree about Mike. We were on the Glory 8/29 sailing and we have never had a CD influence our cruise as much as Mike did. He was amazing - full of energy and he was literally EVERYWHERE. He was even in the dining room on the last night singing/dancing with the wait staff.

His energy level is incredible - and if you are sailing with him soon - do NOT miss his music trivia in the lobby. He is hilarious and is amazing at getting everyone involved.

And he likes hugs. :)

I sailed with Mike last year on the Conquest. He was definitely the best CD I have ever had. He states that it is his mission to high five, shake hands, or hug every person on the ship. He spent time in Camp Carnival with my kids, was highly visible throughout the ship, and every event he hosted had a really fun vibe. His music trivia parties are not to be missed!

My parents have sailed this past year with Matt, Malcolm, Jamie, Hennie, and Mike and have said hands down that Mike was the best.