Expensive? Opinions Please :)

Bronx12

We have a courtesy hold on Majesty of The Seas, Nov 6 - Nov 9/15, the hold expires in 2 hours, the price is $730 CAD for 2 adults, interior, "Q" category. RCCL rep said that's a good deal for a 3 nighter, I think it's expensive, any opinions? We have to pay full balance now because we are inside 75 days. Any idea if prices will be up or down after the Labour Day Sale?

Thanks for your help :)

Seems high to me. We paid $700 US (With $50 on board credit) for Junior Suites on our upcoming 3 night Enchantment. Just paid $729 US for Balcony for 7 night on Liberty and that included $175 on board credit.

EDIT: Sorry, just realized you quoted a total price for two and not per person.

Edited by WilsonFamilyNRH

In Canadian dollars that is not too bad. And like the above poster said it is a weekend sailing which is always higher than the 4 day ones during the week

That said the price could go down but no one has anyway to know.

I do know as I have been watching these 3 and 4 day Bahama sailings that they have not gone done as much as they have in the past few years.

Edited by molly361

I don't know if I'd spring for airfare for a 3 nighter.....

We are getting off Allure from a Transatlantic, and we need 3 nights to reach Diamond status, otherwise, we definitely would not be flying from Nova Scotia to Fort Lauderdale for 3 nights :)

Thanks for all the opinions, I think we will just have to book and see what happens.

It seems high to me as just less than a month ago we booked the B2B 7 night Freedom cruises showing in my signature for a cruise fare of $402 and $405CAD per person. Taxes/Port Fees were $131 for the first, has three stops, and $158 for the second with four stops compared to $112 for your two stops cruise. Total cost for both of us, without gratuities, was $1066 for the first and $1166CAD for the second and we got to select our Cat. L cabins. Friends and we booked three cabins on each of the B2B cruises.

If you check the UK site of RCI, which shows all or almost all cabins that are available, it just showed that there are 46 Cat. N, 50 Cat. L and 52 Cat. K inside cabins open which is a very large availability at this late date.

You must have a Q gty on hold.

Edited by robtulipe

We are getting off Allure from a Transatlantic, and we need 3 nights to reach Diamond status, otherwise, we definitely would not be flying from Nova Scotia to Fort Lauderdale for 3 nights :)

Thanks for all the opinions, I think we will just have to book and see what happens.

With your situation I also would want to do that three night Majesty cruise to reach Diamond status.

We actually added a third seven night cruise to our B2B Navigator cruises, while onboard the first cruise, so we would be Diamond Plus for the following 16 night Australian cruse we booked on the same cruise. Also didn't mind and actually enjoyed repeating the first cruise we did.

We had booked Southwest to get to/from Hobby airport in Houston and a return flight at the same cost a week later was available so there were no extra expense in this regard.

Edited by robtulipe

$730 CDN is $550 US$. Taxes and fees $100pp brings the cruise down to $350 or $175pp US. You don't see them much cheaper than that lately.

That's for sure!!!

It seems to me that you are lucky this year to find one of those weekend 3 day Bahama trips for $600-$700 US

Edited by molly361

$730 CDN is $550 US$. Taxes and fees $100pp brings the cruise down to $350 or $175pp US. You don't see them much cheaper than that lately.

We just paid for the cruise and we will watch to see if we can upgrade :)

Thanks for the advice :)

It will be interesting to see if the sub $150 fares make an appearance during Oct/Nov/Dec.

Taxes and fees coverts to just under $85USD, for the $112CAD being charged each, at the 1.327 conversion rate you used to convert the total fare from CAD to USD so the actual cruise fare is in the $190USD range which is, IMO, a little on the high side for a three night Bahamas cruise.

For the same cruise on Nov.20th one can select a Cat. N inside at a cruise fare of $219CAD, versus $253CAD the OP is going to pay for a Cat. Q gty on the Nov. 6th cruise .

That converts to a cruise fare of $165USD each for the Nov.20th cruise but that date doesn't work for the OP.;)

Edited by robtulipe

Your question involved only money, but the additional information of needing 3 points until Diamond puts it in a whole new ballpark. You are already there, no additional flying and a major jump in status/privileges. Sounds like a no brainer to me. I say go for it. If your next cruise is a longer one think of all that you will get with the new status.

We have a courtesy hold on Majesty of The Seas, Nov 6 - Nov 9/15, the hold expires in 2 hours, the price is $730 CAD for 2 adults, interior, "Q" category. RCCL rep said that's a good deal for a 3 nighter, I think it's expensive, any opinions? We have to pay full balance now because we are inside 75 days. Any idea if prices will be up or down after the Labour Day Sale?

If I do the conversion math correctly at todays rates --$730 CAD would be $549 US. For a 3 night cruise, that doesn't seem to be bad. No one can tell you (other than YOU) if that is worth it to you.

We just paid for the cruise and we will watch to see if we can upgrade :)

Thanks for the advice :)

By the way, for a 3 night cruise, you don't have to pay the full balance until SIXTY (60) days before your cruise. 75 days is for 6+ nights. (you are also within 60 days now, but I thought that I should put the information out there. ;) )

:)

Edited by Merion_Mom