Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

Not all that crazy for the Explorer in Alaska. That is an outdoor ship with the solarium being outside, the outdoor sports decks etc.

Would be great if Ovation went to Alaska with the indoor activities, poos, etc -- and the fact they marketed on those ships being "Cold Weather ships" however it is 100' longer than the Explorer, so I guess i would need details on the ports to see if it is even possible.

Again - Not saying that it would ever happen, but would be nice to have that option or to put a Radiance or Vision class back with more indoor area for a cold climate.

It will be interesting to see how well the Explorer does in Alaska. The outdoor solarium would not be too big a deal if they would heat the water in the pool.

It would be great to see the Ovation on the west coast but it has been a very long time since RCL put a new ship out west (Radiance 2001)

We seem to get the hand-me-downs these days

The Explorer cruise i was referencing would be a ~24 night Transpacific cruise from Seattle, with stops in Hawaii, but ending all the way in Sydney. So if you're looking for just a Hawaii cruise, as of now, Radiance would be your option. I just wanted to make you aware of those Explorer cruises, in case you were interested.

:)

The Explorer OTS will most likely always do Seattle to Sydney as long as it repo's down under. The PVSA does not allow Seattle to Hawaii. The Radiance usually does Vancouver to Hawaii. Explorer can not do that because it can not go under the Lyons Gate Bridge to get to Vancouver.

The Explorer OTS will most likely always do Seattle to Sydney as long as it repo's down under. The PVSA does not allow Seattle to Hawaii. The Radiance usually does Vancouver to Hawaii. Explorer can not do that because it can not go under the Lyons Gate Bridge to get to Vancouver.

That's exactly what my post said?

Explorer = Seattle to Sydney

Radiance = Vancouver to Honolulu

I'm betting the next deployments have Cuba on the list for some Ships.

The New Quantum 4 Will do Europe the summer its out. So will Oasis IV.

I agree with you about Oasis IV.

Still not positive about Q4 in Europe though. In Southampton, the response to Anthem just didn't seem to be that great.

I'd love to see Cuba on an itinerary. Hopefully everything works out as planned with the allowance of port calls there. We shall see.

At least in 2017, I am more or less sure, that Explorer will do Alaska again, since she is already offering a TP from Sydney to Seattle in 2017.

On the other hand, however, RCCL is expert in short-range, so I would not exclude the fact to see Ovation in Alaska in 2017. Consider, the 2016 Alaska deployment for Explorer also has been a short-term decision besides RCCL.

So IMHO: 80-90% chance to see Explorer sailing Alaska, 10-20% Ovation to be sent to Alaska in 2017.

IMHO, the fact whether the solarium is enclosed or not, does not determine, whether a ship is capable for Alaska, or not.

We have sailed on Millennium (X) in Aug. 2015, and even on rainy days during cruising, less people went to the solarium.

And: Several Princess ships without an enclosed Solarium pool sail on Alaska itineraries, and not one NCL ship does have a solarium, and also NCL deploys three ships in Alaska! [emoji5]

Edited by celebrity_fan

I agree, with the Explorer already scheduled for a TransPacific in 2017 it is quite obvious what their plans are for it in 2017... I was just thinking more of a few years out..

However it wouldn't be the first time a ship is switched just prior to releasing the itineraries for booking. (Wishful thinking)

I know other ships that cruise Alaska don't have solariums... I was just being selfish because thats where I like to spend some time :P

Edited by Firefighterhoop

Apologies for asking an off topic question, but I see much TP discussion so hoping someone knows the answer...

We took my MIL on her first cruise this past January and she is keen to do more. She would love to see Hawaii but isn't a great flyer, so we were considering just flying 1 way and then cruising back to Sydney.

For those who have taken a TP Hawaii - Sydney how did you find the weather and sea state at that time of year (October-ish)? She does get seasick so I'm hoping it's not too rocky!

Thanks

Navigator and Indy appear to be booked to return to Southampton for the 2017 Summer season.

Indy shows up at Gibraltar for the first time already at May 4th, 2017 and appears to cross from Port Everglades much earlier in 2017.

Navigator shows up on May 15th, 2017 at Gibraltar and should cross to Southampton from Miami.

Updated 2017 Summer / Winter Deployment predictions

Deployment confirmed to great degree. (cruise schedule and press release confirmed)

Adventure, year-round San Juan

Anthem, year-round Bayonne

Enchantment, year-round Miami

Explorer, returns to Seattle home-port

Grandeur, year-round Baltimore deployment

Harmony, year-round Port Everglades deployment

Legend, China, returns to Hong Kong home-port

Majesty, year-round Port Canaveral deployment

Mariner, China, returns to Shanghai from Singapore

Quantum, China, year-round Shanghai home-port

Radiance, returns to Vancouver home-port

Rhapsody, European deployment, Civitavecchia home-port.

Vision, returns to Venice home-port

Voyager, returns to Singapore

Deployment Likely (through port bookings and statements)

Allure, Port Everglades through late August

Allure, August eastbound TA, mini-season at Barcelona, November westbnd. TA

Allure, Port Everglades November to April.

Indy, European deployment, Southampton.

Liberty, year-round Galveston

Navigator, European deployment, Southampton

Oasis, year-round Port Canaveral

Ovation, China Beijing deployment. *Singapore leg confirmed

Serenade, European deployment, Copenhagen

Speculated deployment

Brilliance, European deployment, Barcelona likely

Freedom, European deployment, Barcelona likely

Jewel, European deployment *Venice?

I'm glad this thread was started. I'm already dreaming about my birthday cruise for 2018 and can't wait to see what comes out for Australia/S. Pacific in Spring 2018. I'm going to book something as soon as the itineraries are released (next May???) and then I'll have something to look forward to for almost two whole years :eek:

I'm glad this thread was started. I'm already dreaming about my birthday cruise for 2018 and can't wait to see what comes out for Australia/S. Pacific in Spring 2018. I'm going to book something as soon as the itineraries are released (next May???) and then I'll have something to look forward to for almost two whole years :eek:

Don't feel bad...I've already pre-chosen my cruise for summer 2018! :p

Hi @ all [emoji5],

although there is still enough time left, until the deployment 2017/18 will be ready, but it's never too early to speculate! :D

-http://201.220.14.28/sxm/MainMenu.aspx?ShipScheduleType=2

Browse up to summer (e. g. July) 2017

Cruise schedule of St. Maarten states, that during summer, Harmony, Anthem, Allure, Oasis and Adventure seem to stay in Caribbean and American waters.

Interesting - seems to be the first season, where Freedom otS will not spend any summer in Caribbean - maybe Europe??

-http://www.stranda-hamnevesen.no/cruise-calls

Cruise list Geiranger (Norway) for 2017 lists Serenade - she likely might sail the Scandinavia/Baltic itineraries we know from 2016/17.

-http://www.ptamsterdam.nl/nl/cruises-portal

Cruise list Amsterdam also states Serenade otS will call there in May, seems to be a transit port for Transatlantics.

-http://www.havre-port.com/show/2077

Le Havre cruiselist also currently lists Serenade of the Seas for spring 2017.

Vision otS returns to Venice in April 2017, after her repo from Dubai, and Rhapsody otS offers a TA to Europe in spring 2017 as well.

Maybe you also have some ideas??

I am curious about Harmony in October, 2017..

According to port schedules, she'll most likely be in the Caribbean.

If the port schedules hold, it is going to be interesting to see the itineraries in the months when Harmony only visits St. Maarten once a month.

I am wondering if an every other Eastern might visit San Juan or something like that?

We figured that as well. Would love to know itineraries, so we can plan for Halloween cruise. Taking the whole family including the grandkids.

You will likely have to wait until Spring 2016 for official itineraries.

Same here, planning my 50th birthday celebration with a cruise from Australia. Hoping to sail either the 24 Night Sydney to Seattle or 18 night Brisbane to Hong Kong.

Updated 2017 Summer / Winter Deployment predictions

Deployment confirmed to great degree. (cruise schedule and press release confirmed)

Adventure, year-round San Juan

Anthem, year-round Bayonne

Enchantment, year-round Miami

Explorer, returns to Seattle home-port

Grandeur, year-round Baltimore deployment

Harmony, year-round Port Everglades deployment

Legend, China, returns to Hong Kong home-port

Majesty, year-round Port Canaveral deployment

Mariner, China, returns to Shanghai from Singapore

Quantum, China, year-round Shanghai home-port

Radiance, returns to Vancouver home-port

Rhapsody, European deployment, Civitavecchia home-port.

Vision, returns to Venice home-port

Voyager, returns to Singapore

Deployment Likely (through port bookings and statements)

Allure, Port Everglades through late August

Allure, August eastbound TA, mini-season at Barcelona, November westbnd. TA

Allure, Port Everglades November to April.

Indy, European deployment, Southampton.

Liberty, year-round Galveston

Navigator, European deployment, Southampton

Oasis, year-round Port Canaveral

Ovation, China Beijing deployment. *Singapore leg confirmed

Serenade, European deployment, Copenhagen

Speculated deployment

Brilliance, European deployment, Barcelona likely

Freedom, European deployment, Barcelona likely

Jewel, European deployment *Venice?

Adventure needs to get out of San Juan already. its been a decade.

Adventure needs to get out of San Juan already. its been a decade.

Adventure did just switch to 'Year-round deployment' at San Juan this season and it looks like she returns there following her dry-dock and will remain most likely through May 2018 or longer.

Ah well, I was hoping for a freedom class ship to do the Norwegian fjords. Totally fell in love with the Indy, but i guess the Serenade will be fine. :)

By the way, 2 quantum ships in China? I think 1 will go to australia

Edited by WaveSplasher

We figured that as well. Would love to know itineraries, so we can plan for Halloween cruise. Taking the whole family including the grandkids.

Harmony is scheduled on an Eastern sailing on Sat. the 4th of November 2017 and therefore would be doing a Western or possible new itinerary the week of Halloween 2017.

Port bookings are always and often subject to change.

Adventure did just switch to 'Year-round deployment' at San Juan this season and it looks like she returns there following her dry-dock and will remain most likely through May 2018 or longer.

Any idea whether there will be a winter season Radiance class out of San Juan as well? I love Adventure, but really prefer the Radiance ships. I'll be on Jewel winter of 2016. Like many here, I'm dreaming about 2018 as well. I used to cruise yearly, but sadly the economy has beaten me back to every 2-3 years. I hate those periods of time when I have NO cruises booked. :(

Ah well, I was hoping for a freedom class ship to do the Norwegian fjords. Totally fell in love with the Indy, but i guess the Serenade will be fine. :)

By the way, 2 quantum ships in China? I think 1 will will go to australia

You might find Voyager class, Navigator doing a couple Fjord sailings.