Cabana on Labidee

wiganer15

Is cabana price per person or per cabana?

I remember seeing someone saying multiple people can split the cost on another thread, so I was assuming it's per cabana.

However, when I check the website, it seems to be person. First of all, we can't select more than 2 guests (we have 3), and the price is person, so 640 for two, ouch!

Am I doing anything wrong?

Absolutely per cabana. I can't imagine otherwise! :eek: Just one person books it, then takes his/her guests with him/her.

Is cabana price per person or per cabana?

I remember seeing someone saying multiple people can split the cost on another thread, so I was assuming it's per cabana.

However, when I check the website, it seems to be person. First of all, we can't select more than 2 guests (we have 3), and the price is person, so 640 for two, ouch!

Am I doing anything wrong?

Per cabana and there can be a total of 6 guests...also, if you are able to get a Barefoot cabana, your guests do not have to be gold card holders.

Absolutely per cabana. I can't imagine otherwise! :eek: Just one person books it, then takes his/her guests with him/her.

Wasn't there an excursion recently that was a beach villa with cook and butler? It was over $1000. Not sure how many people allowed

Thank you! You are absolutely right.

I didn't read the whole fine print, but here said it all:

IMPORTANT NOTES

Pricing is per cabana, not per person.

One person in the party should reserve the cabana.

Individual cabanas will be assigned once ion Labadee.

Each cabana is equipped with two lounge chairs.

The cabana accommodates the a maximum of 6 guests.

Complimentary buffet lunch available at Columbus Cove Café, Dragon’s Café or Café Labadee.

Rental of the Nellies Beach Cabana does not include access to the Barefoot Beach Cabana Club

For our Oasis cruise in December, i can book a Nellies Beach Over the Water Cabana on my cruise planner for $320! They sure have gone up in price!:eek:

It says On Board Only, but i can add it to my cart and it brings me to the credit card info, i don't know if i want to pay that much though, last time we were there they were $225!!

Keith

We had planned on renting a cabana but the prices is high for what you get. We had did a cabana on Half Moon Cay and it came with water, soda, chips & salsa and a fruit plate, as well as snorkel equipment for four and four floating mats.

I'll have to mull it over and think if I will even be off the boat long enough to really enjoy it. Are there pleanty of loungers scattered throughout to just hang out on?

Thank you! You are absolutely right.

I didn't read the whole fine print, but here said it all:

IMPORTANT NOTES

Pricing is per cabana, not per person.

One person in the party should reserve the cabana.

Individual cabanas will be assigned once ion Labadee.

Each cabana is equipped with two lounge chairs.

The cabana accommodates the a maximum of 6 guests.

Complimentary buffet lunch available at Columbus Cove Café, Dragon’s Café or Café Labadee.

Rental of the Nellies Beach Cabana does not include access to the Barefoot Beach Cabana Club

The cabanas are showing in your excursions? Many reports saying they are only available online. Ughhh so frustrating....trying to book one for January:(

Seems like they are doing a little bit of a supply and demand thing with the cabanas. They seem to be higher for our Oasis cruise...buggers!

When you search for excursion (outside of your cruise planner), the pricing for an OTW at Nellies is:

Prices starting from:

*337.59 CAD (Adult)

*337.59 CAD (Child)

*0.00 CAD (Infant)

Read more at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=ZL88&DestinationCode=#8dIQVboHphAaCPcA.99

I was able to purchase, as seen below in the snip from my cruise planner. As you can see, my price is almost 100 higher than their "starting from" price. Note that the add to cart button is now active for my sailing.

Capture.PNG

I was checking daily. I noticed it first showed up in my cruise planner as book on board. I had heard of others being able to book closer to sail date as it appeared one day on their planner with the button activated for booking. So I faithfully kept checking.....81 days prior to our sail date the add to cart button appeared. NOTE - this is CAD as I booked in Canadian $$.

The cabanas are showing in your excursions? Many reports saying they are only available online. Ughhh so frustrating....trying to book one for January:(

I will suggest keep checking.

The cabana option was not listed on my shore excursion when I booked the cruise, then it showed up on cruise planner later but not order-able, then it was opened up as I checked last night.

I think this is controlled by how far away is your cruise. Since my cruise is November and I can finally order it now, I think you will start to see the option in a month or so.

I will suggest keep checking.

The cabana option was not listed on my shore excursion when I booked the cruise, then it showed up on cruise planner later but not order-able, then it was opened up as I checked last night.

I think this is controlled by how far away is your cruise. Since my cruise is November and I can finally order it now, I think you will start to see the option in a month or so.

I'm only 14 days out from boarding and mine is only able to be booked onboard. Maybe it depends on the cruise/ship

So I booked a cabana on Saturday at $320. When I checked the price today it goes up to $350 now!

I think this completely changed people's assumption that shore excursion is no longer available/not available, but also the price will go up and down.

Not sure I will appreciate this concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I booked a cabana on Saturday at $320. When I checked the price today it goes up to $350 now!

I think this completely changed people's assumption that shore excursion is no longer available/not available, but also the price will go up and down.

Not sure I will appreciate this concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess they have an algorithm for cabana sales now.

FWIW, that price is for over the water, those ones should cost more

Edited by John&LaLa

"I can relate......last week,we originally booked an over the water cabana at Barefoot...we decided against it last minute.......glad we did...our neighbors were a group of guys,we have all seen on cruises....the kind that wear bathrobes and smoke cigars...our cabana would had been connected to theirs by a small walkway...glad we didnt get one..

We just enjoyed our loungers and still got floaty mats to use(no charge)...and we enjoyed the enhanced buffet"

Glad things worked out for you...and for less money as well!

The cabana we had both times was on barefoot beach. The overwater one, furthest away from the beach. Although we enjoyed them (in the morning before the neighbors arrived) I think we just had different ideas about the purpose of a cabana. Ours was for relaxing and theirs for partying. We noticed a solitary cabana on the hilltop behind ours, and I think we will try for that next time. I'm sure it will be perfect for relaxing.

The cabana we had both times was on barefoot beach. The overwater one, furthest away from the beach. Although we enjoyed them (in the morning before the neighbors arrived) I think we just had different ideas about the purpose of a cabana. Ours was for relaxing and theirs for partying. We noticed a solitary cabana on the hilltop behind ours, and I think we will try for that next time. I'm sure it will be perfect for relaxing.

Do you recall how much it was? I'm guessing $225. Our S4 was $175. The BB cabanas are generally less than Nellies

Glad things worked out for you...and for less money as well!

The cabana we had both times was on barefoot beach. The overwater one, furthest away from the beach. Although we enjoyed them (in the morning before the neighbors arrived) I think we just had different ideas about the purpose of a cabana. Ours was for relaxing and theirs for partying.

That's one of the ones we we're supposed to have...very close to the another..