Freedom of the seas fire repair

We boarded Freedom today, and I was surprised to see there was still a hole from where the fire was. I also noticed that they were installing the actual scrubber, which if you look closely you can see it attached to the crane, to the right of the hole. I just thought others on here might find it interesting.

For some reason the pictures Aren't uploading. I'll upload them when we get back.

Edited by cruiseaddict5279

We boarded Freedom today, and I was surprised to see there was still a hole from where the fire was. I also noticed that they were installing the actual scrubber, which if you look closely you can see it attached to the crane, to the right of the hole. I just thought others on here might find it interesting.

Is there a photo missing?

Yea, I saw it this afternoon as well. That thing is huge. I figured it was going to be covered up more. Still work in progress. Probably why they haven't patched the skin yet

Maybe we should stop making fun of Carnival auxiliary generators

Edited by John&LaLa

Yea, I saw it this afternoon as well. That thing is huge. I figured it was going to be covered up more. Still work in progress. Probably why they haven't patched the skin yet

Maybe we should stop making fun of Carnival auxiliary generators

Naaah. Those are just too easy to make fun of. I'd love to know how much Carnival shelled out for those things as they seem to be fleet-wide.

Naaah. Those are just too easy to make fun of. I'd love to know how much Carnival shelled out for those things as they seem to be fleet-wide.

You need to see one in person to appreciate the ugliness. Generators are not near as overpowering. Scrubber is bigger than rock wall. wished i had been there when they craned it up

ry%3D480

ry%3D400

You need to see one in person to appreciate the ugliness. Generators are not near as overpowering. Scrubber is bigger than rock wall. wished i had been there when they craned it up

ry%3D480

ry%3D400

Wow, I hadn't realized how horrifically ugly those scrubbers would be. I mean it's great that they're going, but aesthetics are right out the window.

They should have put a cover over it to make it look like a big red bear.

Wow, I hadn't realized how horrifically ugly those scrubbers would be. I mean it's great that they're going, but aesthetics are right out the window.

They should have put a cover over it to make it look like a big red bear.

I agree. I can't believe how ugly the are and I can't believe Royal couldn't have figured out a better way to "disguise" it. They probably chose the cheapest way possible.

Hopefully they will at least paint it white to match.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

why is everybody jumping the gun and judging it's looks. sure it looks awful right now, but it just got installed, and are they even finished with the construction of it all? I'm assuming not. they probably just got it all set up, maybe not even hooked up and functional yet. I'm sure afterward when the engineering and design work is all done, then they'll let the "artists/designers" come in and do the paint work, flashy apparel, so on so forth to try and help cover up the eye sore and disguise it better. they certainly wouldn't do all that when they're still in the early stages of installing it to get it working properly. give em a few weeks and see if it changes..

why is everybody jumping the gun and judging it's looks. sure it looks awful right now, but it just got installed, and are they even finished with the construction of it all? I'm assuming not. they probably just got it all set up, maybe not even hooked up and functional yet. I'm sure afterward when the engineering and design work is all done, then they'll let the "artists/designers" come in and do the paint work, flashy apparel, so on so forth to try and help cover up the eye sore and disguise it better. they certainly wouldn't do all that when they're still in the early stages of installing it to get it working properly. give em a few weeks and see if it changes..

Oasis of the Seas got her scrubber a few weeks ago and the new stack cover is coming together pretty well, I would expect something similar for Freedom

845100281_scrubbersmall.jpg.48c0dd0150be23e730a1c7b6ca72aaf6.jpg

Now that make sense. That is probably why the hole is still there. Going to cover the scrubbers and fix the hole at the same time.

Hmmm.... all this work on the Freedom scrubber made me think - do all the workers doing that work get cabins out of the pool of regular cabins and if so when does RCI take those out of inventory? Not sure there are that many cabins involved that it would make much diff.

Hmmm.... all this work on the Freedom scrubber made me think - do all the workers doing that work get cabins out of the pool of regular cabins and if so when does RCI take those out of inventory? Not sure there are that many cabins involved that it would make much diff.

They've been working on this for over 6 months

They've been working on this for over 6 months

Right, but assuming RCI doesn't just take cabins out of inventory and allocates them as workers come and go, when do they do that? Can inventory just disappear one day without any actual sale to customers? That can skew inventory (and perhaps prices).

Right, but assuming RCI doesn't just take cabins out of inventory and allocates them as workers come and go, when do they do that? Can inventory just disappear one day without any actual sale to customers? That can skew inventory (and perhaps prices).

They do this all the time I think. We were on Legend in December and they had a team of contractors replacing the automatic doors. They had to stay somewhere. In regards to the Freedom scrubbers, I walked into 7 Hearts one afternoon and it looked like they were living in there. :eek:

Edited by John&LaLa

Contractors definitely stay in regular cabins. I have been at guest relations before when the contractors were arguing about having a mini bar bill and bill for some other items, When they stated in their contract that they were not to be billed for some things and that there mini bar was emptied from the beginning of the cruise and there was nothing to consume. They had to call in a supervisor and they fixed the whole mess up.

They were definitely in regular cabins and there were a bunch of them complaining.

Use Paint in Windows or similar program to scale down the pic before you upload online. You can still fix the online pic and the pic here will update accordingly.

^^ please do not do that. I appreciate the details in the image that fill my monitor.

Seems like they can convert the scrubber into one of the characters. Maybe a big fat Shrek?