New DSC Removal Form

Wendy&Grumpy

If I don't cancel the cruise all together, I intend to see if this new policy works and have DSC removed.

Never have before on previous cruises but will this time just on the principal of this change and the other changes since I have booked.

hopefully someone will post how this system works out before to long.

And that's why it makes me smile a little bit - they're actually reviewing the complaints and/or reasons written on the form.

No.

Plus, the person(s) trying to remove it have to pay up 1st anyway and have to wait a few weeks to get a response, let alone a refund.

Yes, it is about getting the money first, then having to refund it. No, you don't have to wait for a response. You only have to wait for the refund. There is no subjective decision process in place.

Not only that, if the person does a dispute with their credit or bank, NCL can claim breach of payment of services and sue the person - its the perfect Catch-22.

No. The contract stipulates the service charges are discretionary. Again, the policy has not changed, only the procedure

OMG, NCL give whomever thought of this a raise or promotion - they deserve it! And its all within the boundaries of the contract - its so deliciously evil, its good......[emoji48] [emoji56]

Yes, I agree. This is a smart move. Compel everyone to be charged, but then allow a claimback. NCL will have use of a bigger pool of money for a longer period of time. NCL benefits.

I just read a Cruise Critic post on FB and it said that there was a thread on the topic. I don't see it either.

Didn't we all know that this was coming though? Personally' date=' I would never remove it. It is what pays the folks in the bowels of the ship who serve you like the waste disposal workers, laundry workers, cooks, etc.

So, no "discretionary" service charge. Will they call it the "Mandatory Service Charge" now? They are just making it harder to remove is all so probably no name change. Too bad this had to be done because of some cruisers will do anything to save a buck.

WOW! Now all those people get paid via the tip pool? How did they get paid before they started automatic DSC?

Bill

I believe your middle paragraph is exactly what they are hoping for.

Not many people can wait 2 weeks on a response their for $100 without losing their patience....combine that with NCL will have to read some people's chicken scratch for their reasons - the future threads on this will be fun reads!!

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Not many people can wait 2 weeks on a response their for $100 without losing their patience....combine that with NCL will have to read some people's chicken scratch for their reasons - the future threads on this will be fun reads!!

Very true.

I thought you understood that the policy didn't change?

You're not understanding the sheer hilarity this new procedure has cause and that's okay - the people removing the DSC are never going to get the joke/ humor/irony, ever. Lol. [emoji11] [emoji4]

What makes you think these are the people that are having the DSC removed?? :confused:

I think NCL should just include the charge in the price of the cruise so people will stop complaining about it.

Sorry if I offend I see it all over here. And it is what it is. Did you think it was only the people staying on inside cabins taking off or complaining about DSC. You should know better.

Well, that is your opinion, but I suspect most will not follow your advice.:D

Yeah, that advice is way too simple, much to easy to follow and completely happy - Staying angry at NCL because they want payment for services rendered with the fare, involves alot steps and much difficulty plus raging. [emoji4]

And come on - you know you can't help but shake your head at a absurdity of how long some stay upset or length they're willing to go to avoid paying their service charges. Its like wow - kinda hard to read the forum without spitting out my tea/coffee/water at times, lol.

Actually since most of the crew that participates in the service charge are from less developed countries they earn 3 to 4 times more than what they could in their native land working a comparable job, so they are paid quite well in their eyes.

Since they are poor and they have the oppertunity to have a job it is ok to take away from them or not pay them proper?

Good move NCL.

After 22 cruises with other lines I'm even happier now that I booked Escape 4 weeks ago.

Looking forward to trying a cruise line that actually sticks it neck out for it's employees. :cool::cool:

It would be good if they actually got the money they deserved not the portion NCL decides they deserve I wish I knew the percentage the employee receives. They should forget these programs and just pay them more out of there profits. seems like walmart on the water to me.

No wasting time in the guest service line the last night will make this program more attractive for removing the DSC.

NCL will not deny the refund, and really can't legally.

EXACTLY, it's a great new change, People can scan the form once and keep in their travel folders filled out for future use, simple simple simple.

Has it been posted anywhere?

I was told it's here but I have searched and searched and cannot locate it.

If anyone has a link to it (or thread where it's posted?), please share. Thanks!

I guess people are gonna start scanning the original already filled out so they are ready to email it 5 minutes after they get off the ship.

I just read a Cruise Critic post on FB and it said that there was a thread on the topic. I don't see it either.

Didn't we all know that this was coming though? Personally' date=' I would never remove it. It is what pays the folks in the bowels of the ship who serve you like the waste disposal workers, laundry workers, cooks, etc.

So, no "discretionary" service charge. Will they call it the "Mandatory Service Charge" now? They are just making it harder to remove is all so probably no name change. Too bad this had to be done because of some cruisers will do anything to save a buck. [/size']

They can't call it mandatory, because it is refundable. The only thing they changed is the procedure to get your money back.

still waiting for someone to produce this form or accurately depict where to see it. I have scanned thru NCL's facebook page and it is not there, nor is it found on google. until this form actually exists, people are debating (quite passionately) fiction

still waiting for someone to produce this form or accurately depict where to see it. I have scanned thru NCL's facebook page and it is not there, nor is it found on google. until this form actually exists, people are debating (quite passionately) fiction

I have contacted NCL directly. Latitudes Clerical was of course first to respond, but does not have access to the form. Waiting on responses from Guest Services and ServiceCharges@ncl.com.

Will share when/if I hear back. :)

I have contacted NCL directly. Latitudes Clerical was of course first to respond, but does not have access to the form. Waiting on responses from Guest Services and ServiceCharges@ncl.com.

Will share when/if I hear back. :)

It was posted 9/12 by someone onboard

11064824_990148977690310_389274045811119801_n.jpg?oh=4aa6fac92094893b9674f4d055780dd3&oe=56A4AD53