Tips for new cruisers

Widebay

for what it is worth - these are my tips:

1. Go with an open mind, people are different in many ways, culture, personality, expectations.

2. We live in a very diverse world with many cultures - have respect for other passengers, crew and the people you meet at various destinations.

3 I have always found if I treat people the way I would like to be treated, I get more respect from them, hence, friendship.

4 be polite to crew members, & listen to what they say, it is surprising what we can learn from others. It's nice when we can converse with ship crew by Christian names.

5. If there is a hiccup or delay either with meals, ship embarking or disembarking - be tolerent. As they say, life is too much fun, to hurry through

It.

Well, I had better get this chat board, things to do, have a nice day wherever you might be - as they say in Hawaii - "maholo"

When I see threads headed something like "tips for new cruisers", invariably the "tips" are specific to some cruise lines, inaccurate, or out-of-date, and only add to a new cruiser's confusion.

But your advice is simple good manners. and applicable to all. :)

Yes - well said

JB :)

1. Go with an open mind, people are different in many ways, culture, personality, expectations.

2. We live in a very diverse world with many cultures - have respect for other passengers, crew and the people you meet at various destinations.

3 I have always found if I treat people the way I would like to be treated, I get more respect from them, hence, friendship.

4 be polite to crew members, & listen to what they say, it is surprising what we can learn from others. It's nice when we can converse with ship crew by Christian names.

5. If there is a hiccup or delay either with meals, ship embarking or disembarking - be tolerent. As they say, life is too much fun, to hurry through

It.

Well, I had better get this chat board, things to do, have a nice day wherever you might be - as they say in Hawaii - "maholo"

I would add ... when it comes to the hiccups, you're on vacation RELAX! Don't stress over them, just go with the flow.

• 3 months later...

It.

My best advice is to read all the negative comments posted on cruise critic with a LARGE GRAIN OF SALT.

Some people are just NEVER happy or everything could have been better no matter how good it was. Even a bad day (which I have never had) on a cruise is better than a day at work, is my motto.

My best advice is to read all the negative comments posted on cruise critic with a LARGE GRAIN OF SALT.

So true! I had read so many awful things about the Regal that it was starting to make me nervous. And it turned out to be one of the best trips of my life.

Having an open mind is definitely EXCELLENT advice!

It.

Mahalo to you!

My parents, DH & I all said that ANY cruise is a good cruise! (seriously, we would have even had a good time on that stranded Carnival Cruise...what a story we would have to tell for years!)

I have read negative reviews of cruises we have been on..and all I can think is "were we on the same cruise??!!":confused::eek::D

It's all about attitude!:p