Elite Level Changing

1MKS1128

Apart from the initial toiletry gift bag, the toiletries are the same for the rest of the cruise. I'm glad they put my name on the door, know I'm in the right place at end of day/night. Not very interested in level on door just need my name.

Bottom line the only thing I enjoy about elite is getting on and off the ship quickly. I never view elite as any more or less than a view perks for frequent travelers, certainly not a define pecking order some have seem to make it.

After all any one that has cruised on princess for any length of time, has certainly paid ten of thousands or hundreds of thousands for the "stats". If it makes you feel better go for it.

All princess wants are their ships running at full capacity. They make as nearly as much profit on short cruises as they do the longer ones. Its when their ships are sailing empty the accounts notice. So if they have to pass out a few more elite cards to improve their bottom line it of no consequence. Its all going to lead to future bookings and a more loyal following.

The ONLY time I wear a lanyard is when my outfit doesn't have any pockets or I do not want to bring a purse. No one should care what color your cruise card is anyways. Also all kids have blue cards no matter how many cruises they have done. It is a easy way to identify who is 21 or not. Just be happy you are on a cruise and think about all those people who only dream of going on a cruise.

Also all kids have blue cards no matter how many cruises they have done. It is a easy way to identify who is 21 or not.

Full Captain's Circle privileges are bestowed upon reaching the age of 18 and that's when the young adult's cards reflect their correct level.

There's another indicator on the card, an "A" after the number of cruises shown in the lower right corner. It is not there for young folk and that may be the symbol the bar staff uses to determine if the holder is of drinking age (which varies depending on the itinerary).

I really don't care about the color of your card and don't see why anybody would care or be impressed. One could have 150 cruises on other lines and still have a blue card on Princess. One could have a black card on Princess and never have cruised another line. I don't judge people by the color of their card. There are good people and not-so-good people and I don't think the color of their stupid card has anything to do with that. (Although, if my dad had been a cruiser, I think he would be one who felt he was super special for having a black card. Sad...)

I didn't realize until my latest cruise that the passenger loyalty level was included on the name tag outside the stateroom door. I kind of wonder why they do that. Is this something recent or is it just another example of me being oblivious?

I totally agree with you. Unfortunately, many of those who have earned the black card feel entitled. I have sooooo seen this in action.

windsor26 is correct about why the colors of the door name tags. :)

I have always seen the loyalty level indicated on the name tags. But since I only look at my own to be sure I'm in the right cabin, I have no idea what loyalty level anyone else is.

I enjoy seeing the various levels near my stateroom. I also note the level of my next-door neighbors. Gives us more to chat about over the balcony. (Blue: "Oh, I see you're new on Princess! Welcome and how are you enjoying it?".....Black: "Which are your favorite Princess ships and why?"....etc.....)

I enjoy seeing the various levels near my stateroom. I also note the level of my next-door neighbors. Gives us more to chat about over the balcony. (Blue: "Oh, I see you're new on Princess! Welcome and how are you enjoying it?".....Black: "Which are your favorite Princess ships and why?"....etc.....)

Ugh, and those name tags are one of the very few things I truly do not like about Princess. I travel solo a lot and the last thing I want is it being publicly listed that there's a solo female in that room. It's just not travel savvy. And my "status" is no one's business, regardless of who I travel with. The tag comes out immediately after meeting my room steward, and they know why I do so. It's on the desk next to the contact info for the steward if they need it. It's none of my business what other's status may be, and it's not their business for mine....I do wish Princess would do away with that detail. Ahh well, one can hope....

I can appreciate why some may like it, but I (and we) am definitely not one...

wow. 22,624 views, 266 + 1 posts and 14 pages already. All over the color of your card. Very interesting dynamics here. I guess the winner is Princess with everyone discussing their levels, cruises made, bookings, and the list goes on.

Edited by cr8tiv1

wow. 22,624 views, 266 + 1 posts and 14 pages already. All over the color of your card. Very interesting dynamics here. I guess the winner is Princess with everyone discussing their levels, cruises made, bookings, and the list goes on.

Too bad if you are colour blind as it is an interesting thread.:D

Ugh, and those name tags are one of the very few things I truly do not like about Princess. I travel solo a lot and the last thing I want is it being publicly listed that there's a solo female in that room. It's just not travel savvy. And my "status" is no one's business, regardless of who I travel with. The tag comes out immediately after meeting my room steward, and they know why I do so. It's on the desk next to the contact info for the steward if they need it. It's none of my business what other's status may be, and it's not their business for mine....I do wish Princess would do away with that detail. Ahh well, one can hope....

I can appreciate why some may like it, but I (and we) am definitely not one...

While we like the name tags, I can understand why you do not want yours outside your door. I think you have the perfect solution,remove it.:)

Reader

Hi All

If you want to know were the single women are look for cabins with no tags

Yours Shogun

As noted, it's removed whether I'm traveling solo or with someone as it's no one's business who is in my cabin orbwhat our names are....others must remove them for their own reasons as we're far from the only ones...