Declined Upsell Offer to a Full Suite

swm5495678

We love the extra space in the PH Suite and have been spoiled rotten since our first cruise so we have never had the chance to do an Up Sell. Yes the PH Suites are great and we have held private parties in ours on our last two cruises on the Ruby and Crown (doing the Roll Calls) on the Aloha Deck on the aft end of the ship. If you get the chance to take the Up Sell, take it you won't regret it and maybe get hooked on the PH Suites.

But I received a upsell offer for a mini from our balcony. One week, west coast on Nov 1st - 8th. The cost was $130 pp. I absolutely LOVE the mini's but would much rather spend the $260 on board the ship then have the extra room. If it had been that much to upgrade to a suite? I'd do it in a flash. Never been in a suite. :)

I have read on CC where people have made an counter offer to an upsell, and were able to see what was available and ask for a different location and Princess sometimes agreed to the price. It doesn't hurt to make a counter offer.

Tom:)

I have never heard that. :eek:

Sounds like shopping in Cozumel. :rolleyes:

I have never heard that. :eek:

Sounds like shopping in Cozumel. :rolleyes:

I've got a good one for you. I had two mini-suites booked for an Alaska cruise last year but as we got closer to the sailing date I noticed there were several of the Premium suites still unsold (the ones on Sun Deck on Golden Princess). I still had the phone number and extension I called two years ago to accept on upsell offer to an Owner's suite on Royal Princess (a big mistake, but that's another story). I told the rep I had two prime mini-suites on Emerald Deck, the last one and next to last, and I wondered if she would be interested in upselling us to Sun Deck. She said sure, let's see what we can do, and five minutes later I had two great suites.

So yes, it never hurts to ask.

I've got a good one for you. I had two mini-suites booked for an Alaska cruise last year but as we got closer to the sailing date I noticed there were several of the Premium suites still unsold (the ones on Sun Deck on Golden Princess). I still had the phone number and extension I called two years ago to accept on upsell offer to an Owner's suite on Royal Princess (a big mistake, but that's another story). I told the rep I had two prime mini-suites on Emerald Deck, the last one and next to last, and I wondered if she would be interested in upselling us to Sun Deck. She said sure, let's see what we can do, and five minutes later I had two great suites.

I love it.

Where you booked through a TA when you made the call, or booked directly with Princess?

This is an excellent thread!

I just received my first upsell offer. I did book directly with Princess. Just like most of you, I received an email with the offer. Royal Princess - Obstructed Deluxe Balcony - to a mini suite $229pp for a 10 day cruise. We took it. Our balcony was totally obstructed.

I have to add, I did try to negotiate with the agent. I told her I was willing to go to an Unobstructed Balcony (instead of a Mini) if the price was reasonable.

I gave her a few different cabin categories I was interested in, and she said she couldn't offer anything else but what the written offer specifically said.

So if anyone else has been lucky enough to negotiate and get somewhere, I would love to hear from you!

Nicely done! I will sure save the "Upsell department" number and extension. You never know :rolleyes:! Loved your story

This is an excellent thread!

I just received my first upsell offer. I did book directly with Princess. Just like most of you, I received an email with the offer. Royal Princess - Obstructed Deluxe Balcony - to a mini suite $229pp for a 10 day cruise. We took it. Our balcony was totally obstructed.

I have to add, I did try to negotiate with the agent. I told her I was willing to go to an Unobstructed Balcony (instead of a Mini) if the price was reasonable.

I gave her a few different cabin categories I was interested in, and she said she couldn't offer anything else but what the written offer specifically said.

So if anyone else has been lucky enough to negotiate and get somewhere, I would love to hear from you!

Sounds great, and good that you tried negotiating, at least you have peace of mind that you got the best deal they were offering!