Copies of Menu-Silhouette

curiouscat

The Silhouette menus on that site are ancient. (I'm not sure exactly how old, but they mention Jacques van Staden, and was with Celebrity from 2009 to 2012.) Celebrity's menus are the same across ships and change very gradually over time, but they do vary somewhat by region. Since the Silhouette is in Europe, these menus from a Spain and Canary islands cruise last winter will probably be fairly close: http://www.thepreismans.com/spain14_menus.htm#dining.

The Silhouette menus on that site are ancient. (I'm not sure exactly how old, but they mention Jacques van Staden, and was with Celebrity from 2009 to 2012.) Celebrity's menus are the same across ships and change very gradually over time, but they do vary somewhat by region. Since the Silhouette is in Europe, these menus from a Spain and Canary islands cruise last winter will probably be fairly close: http://www.thepreismans.com/spain14_menus.htm#dining.

Thanks.. I find that the menus are different in European sailings than the Caribbean.. we're going out in November on a Caribbean sailing.

CC

Snowmaiden's link has an Al Bacio menu that states $6 for espresso drinks such as a latte, cappuccino, Americano. The Celebrity site currently shows $5 for those drinks.

Can anyone confirm which is correct? It's strange because Snowmaiden's link was from a prior sailing. Did I find something that has gone DOWN in price.....or is it another Celebrity website error?

Celebrity also has a 14 day cycle so if on a 7 day cruise it would change depending on if you were in week #1 or week #2. Also, Celebrity now does have a program to source food at ports (lobster in Maine for example).

We almost always do B2B or B2B2B cruises series. And we have our first B2B2B2B series booked for 2017. So we have experienced a number of turnaround days and day one menus.

While I've read a number of times about Celebrity's fourteen day menu cycle that language is misleading. It is more accurate to state that Celebrity has fourteen daily menus. There is no "cycle" and certainly no specified order. The menu order is not "set in stone." If you assign the first menu on embarkation day as menu "A," and the following nights menus "B," "C" on one cruse, there will be signifiant variance in the order of those menus on other cruises, even cruises of the same length and on the same ship. One fourteen day cruise may have a menu order of A, B, C, D and so forth while another fourteen day cruise on the same ship will have an order of A, E, M, K and so forth.

But we have observed is a consistent embarkation night menu (with some tweaks) over the years. Embarkation menus are very consistent, whether in the MDR or Blu. The duration of the cruise doesn't matter. Carol and Mike Preisman's day 1 menu is the typical MDR embarkation day dinner menu. So a seven night, following a prior seven night cruise, will not have a different embarkation day menu than that of a fourteen, fifteen, seventeen, or even twenty-three night cruise. A seven night cruise following a prior seven night cruise will not have some "day 8" menu, but the standard embarkation menu in place for that dining room at the time.

And despite the great "hoopla" about local food sourcing we haven't seen much local food sourcing in either the MDR or Blu. We will be enjoying Luminae next month so hope to see some local food sourcing on that cruise. The few times we've seen much local food sourcing was during two trans-Pacific cruises to Australia and one South Pacific Celebrity cruise when (frozen) kangaroo was available in the buffet for lunch.

Northern Aurora, I wish they had a "like" button here so I could like your post! I've also seen it said many places that there is a 14-day cycle or that the menus are in exactly the same order on every cruise, and it simply isn't true. I look at menus because I have a lot of food intolerances, so I like to do advance thinking about which dishes sound the safest for me. This means order isn't important to me at all, but I do look at a lot of people's menu pictures to get a sense of all the possibilities, and I've figured out that aside from embarkation night, which is always the same, and the last night, which almost always involves roast turkey, there isn't a set menu order.

curiouscat, since you said you wanted to see current menus for the Silhouette, I assumed it was Europe you were interested in. If you want to see standard North American/Caribbean menus, another of the Preismans recent cruises is probably the best to look at: http://www.thepreismans.com/pan_can_menus.htm#mdr. (As you can tell, I just love the Preismans' site because they're so thorough. They only have one Celebrity cruise scheduled for 2016, though, as they've started making the switch to Oceania.) There are also tons of reviews here on the Celebrity board that have pictures of menus embedded in them, but in a very quick search, I couldn't find any for the Silhouette last winter.

As far as the coffee prices go, the Cafe al Bacio menu with the $6 pricing was from a Spain/Canary Islands cruise in October 2014. Only a month later, on the Preisman's Panama Canal cruise, the menu showed $5 pricing. I'm assuming that prices are higher in Europe, unless someone else has a better explanation.

As far as the coffee prices go, the Cafe al Bacio menu with the $6 pricing was from a Spain/Canary Islands cruise in October 2014. Only a month later, on the Preisman's Panama Canal cruise, the menu showed $5 pricing. I'm assuming that prices are higher in Europe, unless someone else has a better explanation.

Would a gratuity be applicable for the specialty coffees? Recently I was looking at a wine menu that someone posted and was kind of shocked at the prices, but the person noted that because the cruise sailed out of Great Britain, the prices on the menu had to include the 18% gratuity. If that was the case here, it might explain the price difference.

Just a thought :)

Northern Aurora, I wish they had a "like" button here so I could like your post! I've also seen it said many places that there is a 14-day cycle or that the menus are in exactly the same order on every cruise, and it simply isn't true. I look at menus because I have a lot of food intolerances, so I like to do advance thinking about which dishes sound the safest for me. This means order isn't important to me at all, but I do look at a lot of people's menu pictures to get a sense of all the possibilities, and I've figured out that aside from embarkation night, which is always the same, and the last night, which almost always involves roast turkey, there isn't a set menu order.

snowmaiden: If CC had a "like" button I would also "like" your post. With the exception of embarkation night menus there just is no set menu order for the rest of the cruise. And some one who takes one seven night cruise followed by a second seven night cruise is going to see the same embarkation night menu on both legs.

curiouscat, since you said you wanted to see current menus for the Silhouette, I assumed it was Europe you were interested in. If you want to see standard North American/Caribbean menus, another of the Preismans recent cruises is probably the best to look at: http://www.thepreismans.com/pan_can_menus.htm#mdr. (As you can tell, I just love the Preismans' site because they're so thorough. They only have one Celebrity cruise scheduled for 2016, though, as they've started making the switch to Oceania.) There are also tons of reviews here on the Celebrity board that have pictures of menus embedded in them, but in a very quick search, I couldn't find any for the Silhouette last winter.

Thank you for the nice comments on our site. We will be doing the Equinox TA next month and will update the menus from that cruise.

I found that the menus were the same on several of the cruises, just had the days switched around. As Norther Aurora said the first day always seems to be the same with prime rib. I always enjoyed that consistency.:)

Would a gratuity be applicable for the specialty coffees? Recently I was looking at a wine menu that someone posted and was kind of shocked at the prices, but the person noted that because the cruise sailed out of Great Britain, the prices on the menu had to include the 18% gratuity. If that was the case here, it might explain the price difference.

Just a thought :)

You are correct. I included this comment on my menus when sailing out of Great Britain:

NOTE: THE BAR MENU PRICES INCLUDE THE 15% TIP

SINCE THE CRUISE WAS OUT OF SOUTHAMPTON

With the tip now increasing to 18%, all of the prices will be different. The new menus for next month's cruise won't have the included tip in the pricing.

Thank you for the nice comments on our site. We will be doing the Equinox TA next month and will update the menus from that cruise.

I found that the menus were the same on several of the cruises, just had the days switched around. As Norther Aurora said the first day always seems to be the same with prime rib. I always enjoyed that consistency.:)

Hello Mike: We'll see you onboard! Since we board the Equinox on October 2nd for a B2B2B we'll be ready for a very relaxing crossing.

G.

Don't all ships have the same MDR and BLU menus?

Yes, the fleet has the same menus for both the MDR and Blu.

Hello Mike: We'll see you onboard! Since we board the Equinox on October 2nd for a B2B2B we'll be ready for a very relaxing crossing.

Looking forward to the cruise and to meeting you. You were most helpful while we were researching for last year's Alaska cruise.

Cruises out of Southampton have a different always available menu in the MDR, one night had irish stew, another liver and onions, in place of the New York strip. I believe that is shown on the preisman's site. Isn't it just one menu else where?

You are correct. The only difference I have noticed was on the always available menu. I seem to call that they also Balearic one item differently; but it was the same thing.

Edited by MVPinBoynton