Favorite Bartender on Allure

On smaller ships we were always able to find a favorite bartender. I thought the Allure bartenders were less personable. It ma have been because the drink package was a factor on Allure but not on the other ships we sailed. That being said, we did have fun with the bartenders in the solarium bar by the end of our week.

On smaller ships we were always able to find a favorite bartender. I thought the Allure bartenders were less personable. It ma have been because the drink package was a factor on Allure but not on the other ships we sailed. That being said, we did have fun with the bartenders in the solarium bar by the end of our week.

I agree with you. We found the bartenders to be less friendly on Allure than on any other ship we have sailed on. I'm not saying they were unpleasant. They went through the motions, but no more than that in our experience.

The smaller ships seem to us to have a better level of service generally. We thought on both of our Allure trips that while Allure has the bells and whistles, and we still enjoyed our trips, it lacks the friendliness that we are used to. Just an opinion :)

Recently went to Mexico and enjoyed the bartenders there. I have never had a fun one on a ship. Can anyone recommend their favorite on Allure?!

I'm not sure if they're still on the Allure, but our favorites were Garth and Digno in the Schooner Bar. These two were fantastic. This was about a year and a half ago, and if they are still with RC they may have changed ships by now.

I would politely have to disagree about the bartenders on Allure being less friendly/personable than on smaller ships, our experience has been the exact opposite! Maybe it depends on the itinerary, cruisers, overall atmosphere of the cruise?! Who knows!

Anyways, to answer the question I have to resoundingly recommend a visit to Joven in the Schooner Bar (if he's still there). He was AMAZING!! We actually left feeling like we had made a new friend as we all talked about our personal lives, home towns, his kids, etc.

We would go in and ask for something exciting and he never disappointed! He would come up with some of the most interesting drinks/shots, one being "Sex with an Alligator" haha

My other favorite was Ricky! He is just a spirited, friendly, ball of energy! We also met him in the Schooner Bar but he floated to the main dining room and well as up to the bar where they did the "nightclub" dancing and stuff... sorry I'm blanking on the name right now. He always, always came up and found us if we didn't see him first and had stories/jokes/general conversation for us. He even went out of his way in the MDR if he wasn't in our section to go and find the "Dessert Shot of the Evening" or anything we could ask for.

All in all we loved the Allure and it was AWESOME! And we loved Joven and Ricky, yes the service we received in general was outstanding on our cruise, but those two stick out in my mind as far as Bartenders!! They are truly irreplaceable assets to RCI and we can only hope to run into them again!

ENJOY!:D

Edited by sammydh82

If he's still there, check out Adrian at On Air Club. Met him on Navigator in 2004, then again on Allure in 2013! Who would've thunk?! Not sure what that says about me, but .... LOL! He's awesome! Also kuods to Shelwin at Boleros. Hope they're there in November. Good times!!!

I agree with you. We found the bartenders to be less friendly on Allure than on any other ship we have sailed on. I'm not saying they were unpleasant. They went through the motions, but no more than that in our experience.

The smaller ships seem to us to have a better level of service generally. We thought on both of our Allure trips that while Allure has the bells and whistles, and we still enjoyed our trips, it lacks the friendliness that we are used to. Just an opinion :)

We have had the best bartenders on any cruise line on Celebrity. The Martini bartenders are wonderful! We do tip them additional at weeks end. Sometimes, if you are planning on "hanging" out at a special bar or two, a few dollars at the beginning really help on RC!

Enjoy

We were on Allure last week and received wonderful service from all the bar staff. Two of their team really stood out as exceptional to us. Bosco in the Diamond Lounge/Dazzles/Pool Area and Craston at the Pool Bar.